Sign in to follow this  
puzzled

200 year old sikh build being demolished tonight!!

their all a bunch of b@stards   the people who did this and the authorities involved 

An apology does not make everything right. There was the desecration of an historical structure, and now it will need to be rebuilt. 

I’d expect muslims and hindus to attempt to destroy Sikh history. Not Sikhs themselves. 

photo from early 20th century of the same deori, so much history how can they destroy it just like that. Notice the nishan sahib with the katar, dhal, and kirpan 

early_10.jpg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MisterrSingh said:

This has seriously annoyed me. I know it's "just" a building, but some of us have 5hit for brains.

Way do you mean 🙄

16 minutes ago, puzzled said:

Way do you mean 🙄

I mean how nobody in the Kar Sewa crew questioned the idea of destroying a historical building. Instead, they start bellowing jakare when it came tumbling down! How disconnected from reality are these people?

3 minutes ago, MisterrSingh said:

I mean how nobody in the Kar Sewa crew questioned the idea of destroying a historical building. Instead, they start bellowing jakare when it came tumbling down! How disconnected from reality are these people?

I agree,   how did they have the heart to do it?  Didn't their hearts come crushing down when they started bringing the building down.    

The whole thing is political as the singhs in the videos I posted have said. 

I personally felt really sad when i saw the top part of the building tumbling down.  Respect to all the singhs that are sitting outside and stayed there all night.   They are passionate about their history and its importance. 

If the sgpc has the slightest of interest in our history left in them then they should make a list of all the historical sikh structures in punjab and outside and make sure no one alters or destroys these structures. 

Forget repairing them but at least recognise them as important structures associated with our history. 

19 hours ago, MisterrSingh said:

They have done this for years, look at the Tanda Burj recently for example.

19 minutes ago, FreshMind13 said:

They have done this for years, look at the Tanda Burj recently for example.

Thanda burj, chamkaur di ghari, bibi nanakis house, anandpur sahib forts, houses, bungas around harmandir sahib, the wall at sirhind 

Question is are the people who did this genuinely thick and ignorant?  Or has our heritage been systematically destroyed?    I mean who can be ignorant enough to raze down bibi nanakis over 500 year old house? Which "sikh"  would have the heart to do that? 

2 hours ago, puzzled said:

Thanda burj, chamkaur di ghari, bibi nanakis house, anandpur sahib forts, houses, bungas around harmandir sahib, the wall at sirhind 

Question is are the people who did this genuinely thick and ignorant?  Or has our heritage been systematically destroyed?    I mean who can be ignorant enough to raze down bibi nanakis over 500 year old house? Which "sikh"  would have the heart to do that? 

These guys are illiterate, honestly.

After '84, when they were knocking down the Sarkari Takht and rebuilding the Sri Akal Takht Sahib, some Maha Moorakhs had started hammering away at the original brick Takht that was build by Guru Hargobind Sahib Ji and Bhai Gurdas Ji!!!!

Giani Mohinder Singh (the first secretary of the SGPC, who is retired at the time) had to protest there and tried very hard to convince them to stop destroying the Takht built by Guru Sahib. If it wasn't for him, we would have lost the original Takht!!!!

Here is a photo:

image.png.1799e9221a6afbdf5635f842de31ab70.png