How to get more fluent in punjabi, Advice please

Guest singhji

Guest singhji

vjk vjkf,

Is there anyone here who is really really fluent in punjabi, like how they are in english. I can speak punjabi decently, but i still stutter sometimes, eat words, and sometimes break the flow of a conversation. I am not able to articulate my speech as I am in english ( and sometimes have difficulty expressing something because I don't know what words to use and how to construct that sentence in my mind) I wish to speak punjabi as I speak english, and let it be natural. 

How do you get there ? I can read in punjabi, but I am slower , and get tired of reading because it requires so much effort, also what do you do with vocab you don't get ?

I want to speak punjabi well like my brothers born in Punjab.

On 4/6/2019 at 5:56 AM, puzzled said:

Just speak it with your family more often. You get used to it. 

I grew up speaking Punjabi as a kid so I can speak it fluently. 

The more you speak it the more practise you get 

Free time call some punjabi speaking friends as well on phone. Phone conversation is very important.

as English is my second language, when i got free time always call cellphone carriers or bank representatives to groom my english ?

Guest Guest Singh ji

hanji veerai, mai punjabi hou .

A student singh was saying to me that kids born in the west are very slow, and have poor punjabi thats why, but I want to know what should one do other then speaking punjabi ( which I have always been doing, but I want to have conversations with not single word in english, and not be in doubt in speaking ( like knowing the grammer, but speaking without a lot of effort

Guest GuestSingh

bro u can buy panjabi university dictionaries if u want to increase vocab quicker and of course just read, watch and listen to as much as u can in panjabi e.g. books, newspapers, tv e.g. shows and news, katha, music e.g. dharmik tracks, dhadi, kavishri etc then slowly slowly u will pick things up and piece it together over time until u can feel more confident in speaking it even more...