Is man the head of the house?

puzzled

In our faith or in Sikh culture is there a structure in the household?  Is man/husband the head of the house? 

During the lavaan/phere the man walks at front and leads the way.  In kalki avtaar, when guru ji is describing how humanity will fall and go wrong, guru ji says men will stop respecting their parents and will come under their womans control. In most Punjabi houses the female/wife is the head of the house these days (probably why everything is going wrong, men have forgotten their responsibilities) 

What does Sikhi say about this? is the man supposed to be the head of the house?   

Puzzled I know you have issues of your sexuality. 

If you want to be woman and become the woman of the house then go for it. 

But you need to dress the part aswell. ie wear plenty of makeup. To give the authentic look. Dont forget stilettos. 

42 minutes ago, scali said:

Lol you must be single. Ask a married man it’s the other way around. Men just give up to keep the peace.

Lol well that's what I mean,  in most Punjabi households the women are the head, even in punjab it's like that. 

I'm pretty sure it's not supposed to be like that. 

Guest GuestSingh

imo a woman deep down still feels the desire to be dominated by man - its neither control nor slavery but submission as well as dependency on the man being physically strong and mentally assertive in many aspects to seize control and become the dominant figure.

this is where we are going wrong and failing badly - the moment we give up for a bit of 'peace and quiet' is the moment they see weakness and begin plotting to regain some if not all control in the relationship...becoming more vocal, making demands and giving off this impression of a 'strong' and 'independent' woman is in my eyes just an act to identify and distinguish between the alpha, beta, omega male and over time seizing control before man has even realised it...

even the musalman despite all their faults still keep their manliness and dominance - this is something weve gotta learn and get back again.

as the op says, guru pita ji prophesied this so we need to start making changes big time and agree with op that this is why society is more corrupt now than ever before...

man builds society and woman destroys it.

20 hours ago, puzzled said:

In our faith or in Sikh culture is there a structure in the household?  Is man/husband the head of the house? 

During the lavaan/phere the man walks at front and leads the way.  In kalki avtaar, when guru ji is describing how humanity will fall and go wrong, guru ji says men will stop respecting their parents and will come under their womans control. In most Punjabi houses the female/wife is the head of the house these days (probably why everything is going wrong, men have forgotten their responsibilities) 

What does Sikhi say about this? is the man supposed to be the head of the house?   

ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕਾ ਖਾਲਸਾ ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕੀ ਫ਼ਤਹਿ

Before I say anything, men and woman are both equal. They both own the house and are equal in position and probably make decisions together. They both can earn a living too because Dhan Sri Guru Gobind Singh Maharaaj in his 52 Hukams says not to eat from their earnings

45. Putaree da dhan bikh jananaa — Realize that eating a daughter's property is like having poison.

During the lavaan/phere the man walks at front and leads the way.

I think this is meant to mean that the first person if necessary to go and fight is the man, then the woman because she will raise the kids (obviously the man will too). Not sure correct and forgive me I'm wrong.

In kalki avtaar, when guru ji is describing how humanity will fall and go wrong, guru ji says men will stop respecting their parents and will come under their womans control. 

I think Dhan Sri Guru Gobind Singh ji Maharaaj is not necessarily telling us about household status but how men will run after woman (i.e. walking after lust). 

ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕਾ ਖਾਲਸਾ ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕੀ ਫ਼ਤਹਿ

maybe there isn't supposed to be any structure in sikhi family 

i think the reason people are in the state they are is because men have forgotten their responsibility and women have taken over. society will collapse because men have forgotten their responsibility. 

38 minutes ago, RajKaregaKhalsa1 said:

I think this is meant to mean that the first person if necessary to go and fight is the man, then the woman because she will raise the kids (obviously the man will too). Not sure correct and forgive me I'm wrong.

i think man leading the way simply means that the man is supposed to lead the way. Traditionally women got married and started living with their husband, even the guru wives did that. 

Even in animals its the male lion that leads the pride.