Is man the head of the house?

puzzled

5 minutes ago, scali said:

I have gone through my own exhaustive research and came to this. You are more than welcome to have your own it’s all allowed in free will. But you sound no different than Muslim, Christians and Hindu fundamentalists who want to shove their own beliefs in peoples throats. 

The problem, bro, is that it seems that you have not based your views on Gurbani, but rather on your own mann (mind).

If you have done "exhaustive research", why don't you share it with the rest of us?

You want to condemn the entire rest of the Sikh world to doubts?

You said Sikhism is based on love. So do you love the rest of the Sangat to enlighten us?

Just do a search on the stuff I have posted on Sikhsangat you will know where I am coming from. No two point of views can match since they are mind based observations. I am quiet content where I am at I hope you get some peace too rather than dragging me into a petty discussion leading to no where.

On 4/7/2019 at 7:58 AM, Christiangirl52 said:

Actually, what is the sikh view on homosexuality? 

The Bible clearly says it is wrong and against God's wishes. Yet these days this is usually ignored. Gayness is celebrated and visible on TV and everywhere as being normal. I do not think so. I believe in God's Word. Yet i cannot and must not judge, God is the judge. 

ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕਾ ਖਾਲਸਾ ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕੀ ਫ਼ਤਹਿ

Homosexuality is not allowed in Sikhi. Our Guru has told us that the marriage ceremony is between a Man and Woman only. As result homosexuality practices are not allowed because it is adultery (outside of marriage). In addition homosexuality is based off lust. We should control this desire and it's only purpose is for procreation when we're married.

http://manvirsingh.blogspot.com/2019/02/a-gurmat-perspective-lgbt-relationships.html?m=1

Great article by Bhai Manvir Singh ji (very respectable Gursikh).

However, just because some people our homosexual (in today's world), that does not mean that we should discriminate against them. We should still treat them normally and kindly with respect.

However for a Sikh, it's not allowed whatsoever. Following God's path is about giving your head and accepting his hukam (command and will), not our own egos.

ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕਾ ਖਾਲਸਾ ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕੀ ਫ਼ਤਹਿ

On 4/9/2019 at 3:42 PM, BhForce said:

OK, and the Christians do do a lot of that, as in "the Devil made me do it."

1) But how do you square that with the simultaneous Christian emphasis on the "sin nature" of man. Is not that "sin nature" internal?

2) How do you feel about the portrayal of the 5 vices (lust, anger, greed, worldly attachment, and ego) as external forces afflicting the soul in Gurbani?

ਅਵਰਿ ਪੰਚ ਹਮ ਏਕ ਜਨਾ ਕਿਉ ਰਾਖਉ ਘਰ ਬਾਰੁ ਮਨਾ ॥

There are five of them, but I am all alone. How can I protect my hearth and home, O my mind?
ਮਾਰਹਿ ਲੂਟਹਿ ਨੀਤ ਨੀਤ ਕਿਸੁ ਆਗੈ ਕਰੀ ਪੁਕਾਰ ਜਨਾ ॥੧॥

They are beating and plundering me over and over again; unto whom can I complain? ||1|| p155, M1

When a man dies, the five are shown as leaving, as if they were external in the first place:

ਢਾਹਿ ਮੜੋਲੀ ਲੂਟਿਆ ਦੇਹੁਰਾ ਸਾ ਧਨ ਪਕੜੀ ਏਕ ਜਨਾ ॥

In this way, the temple is being demolished; the body is being plundered, and the soul-bride, left all alone, is captured.

ਜਮ ਡੰਡਾ ਗਲਿ ਸੰਗਲੁ ਪੜਿਆ ਭਾਗਿ ਗਏ ਸੇ ਪੰਚ ਜਨਾ ॥੩॥

Death strikes her down with his rod, the shackles are placed around her neck, and now the five have left. ||3||

Raag Gauri Guru Nanak Dev

Also:

ਕਬੀਰ ਹਰਨਾ ਦੂਬਲਾ ਇਹੁ ਹਰੀਆਰਾ ਤਾਲੁ ॥

Kabeer, the deer is weak, and the pool is lush with green vegetation.

ਲਾਖ ਅਹੇਰੀ ਏਕੁ ਜੀਉ ਕੇਤਾ ਬੰਚਉ ਕਾਲੁ ॥੫੩॥

Thousands of hunters are chasing after the soul; how long can it escape death? ||53||

Salok Kabeer ji, p1367

I think literal interpretations are dangerous. Gurbani tries to communicate routes to an ineffable  experience to humans and uses various devices to achieve this. I don't think literalism is a good idea in that respect. I think it tries to communicate on a more intuitive level over time, through sustained exposure.