Message for the Christian Girl on the main thread

Guest jigsaw_puzzled_singh

Guest Kunta Kinte
On 4/19/2019 at 12:50 AM, Christiangirl52 said:

You have misunderstood that quote of Luke. It actually means when a person becomes a follower of Christ, they face enmity,  even hatred from  others. Even their own family. Just like Jesus faced cruel hatred before the Jews crucified Him. Luke is saying that being a Christian is no easy matter. 

It is a sad foolish thing to pick parts of the Bible that suit your argument without any understanding. I am sorry to see you do this. I would never attack your religion in this way. 

By the way, re a previous set of quotes, the Old Testament is not Christian. Only the New is. Jews follow the Old, even Moslems accept parts of the Old. They show great respect for the prophets like Abraham, and they revere Mary mother of Jesus. 

You show such astonishing ignorance that i have decided to stay!  I am no scholar but you certainly are not. I feel i must answer what i can of your questions. 

Arguing with an *DELETED* is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter how good you are the bird is going to <banned word filter activated> on the board and strut around like it won anyway. In simpler terms, you can't fix *DELETED*. A stone cannot absorb water. 

Indeed. Jews do not accept Jesus as Messiah. They still wait. 

The reason Jesus lost his temper in the temple was Jews were using the house of God as a place of moneylending. It was disrespectful. 

These are big questions. I am not here to do a bible study. I am here as your religion interests me from a philosophical viewpoint. 

45 minutes ago, Christiangirl52 said:

The reason Jesus lost his temper in the temple was Jews were using the house of God as a place of moneylending. It was disrespectful. 

These are big questions. I am not here to do a bible study. I am here as your religion interests me from a philosophical viewpoint. 

Ask away

Guest jigsaw_puzzled_singh
1 hour ago, Christiangirl52 said:

Jesus was a good Jew. Never once did he state he was creating a new religion. His followers were known as the Nazrene sect of Judaism. But....when it came to the expulsion of Jews from Jeruselum his followers said "hey....don't expel us....we;re not Jews....we a totally different separate religion....Expel the Jews instead and let us stay.....we're alright we are". And it is with this selfish self-centered foundation that this new religion came to be born. They kept that selfish self-centred foundation and ran with it.....committing genocide after genocide in the centuries to come and, even to this day, going up to anyone of a different faith and telling them they will burn in the fires of hell where they will be skinned alive for all eternity. Thoroughly lovely people indeed.

But....now that we have one of them on this very forum who, like a bad rash on the backside, refuses to go away despite several goodbyes, lets ask it a question:

Sikhism believe in reincarnation. Christians do not. I say you do not and you say you do not but for some strange reason your messiah Jesus says something totally different. How come then, as people who most definately do not believe in reincarnation....how come your messiah Jesus said John the Baptist was reincarnated from Elijah ?

"For all prophets and the law prophesied until John. And if ye will receive it, this is Elias which was for to come. He that hath ears to hear let him hear."

(Matt. 11:13-14)

But I say unto you, That Elias is come already, and they knew him not, but have done unto him whatsoever they listed. Likewise shall also the Son of man suffer of them. 

Then the disciples understood that he spake unto them of John the Baptist. 

(Matt. 17:12-13)

christ= Krishna. Indians gave the middle east and greeks the Krishna story, Greeks gave a Krishna twist to the Jesus story and passed it back to the middle east. The middle east passed Jesus Krishna epic to the Europeans,  the Europeans took the Jesus Krishna story back to India

4 hours ago, Christiangirl52 said:

The Gurus also exposed the priestly caste, the Bhramins, for making religion into a business and spreading false superstitions for their own personal and financial benefits.  

Guest Kunta Kinte

^
Wow! You finally got to use the term sun worshipper. LMAO! Check out the intellect on Point Dexter! We are in the company of genius and high intellect! 

18 hours ago, Guest jigsaw_puzzled_singh said:

Jesus was a good Jew. Never once did he state he was creating a new religion. His followers were known as the Nazrene sect of Judaism. But....when it came to the expulsion of Jews from Jeruselum his followers said "hey....don't expel us....we;re not Jews....we a totally different separate religion....Expel the Jews instead and let us stay.....we're alright we are". And it is with this selfish self-centered foundation that this new religion came to be born. They kept that selfish self-centred foundation and ran with it.....committing genocide after genocide in the centuries to come and, even to this day, going up to anyone of a different faith and telling them they will burn in the fires of hell where they will be skinned alive for all eternity. Thoroughly lovely people indeed.

But....now that we have one of them on this very forum who, like a bad rash on the backside, refuses to go away despite several goodbyes, lets ask it a question:

Sikhism believe in reincarnation. Christians do not. I say you do not and you say you do not but for some strange reason your messiah Jesus says something totally different. How come then, as people who most definately do not believe in reincarnation....how come your messiah Jesus said John the Baptist was reincarnated from Elijah ?

"For all prophets and the law prophesied until John. And if ye will receive it, this is Elias which was for to come. He that hath ears to hear let him hear."

(Matt. 11:13-14)

But I say unto you, That Elias is come already, and they knew him not, but have done unto him whatsoever they listed. Likewise shall also the Son of man suffer of them. 

Then the disciples understood that he spake unto them of John the Baptist. 

(Matt. 17:12-13)

Your understanding of Christianity is very inaccurate. Never mind. You are a Sikh and i respect that. I am here to know about your religion not to try to explain mine. 

In terms of the essence of our religions, i think there is some common ground. Your gurus and our Christ taught many wise things to correct human behavior.

I don't wish to argue. Rather focus on positives of which there are plenty. Cultures should live peacefully alongside. 

Why do you feel so threatened by me? Surely you are confident in your own beliefs? I am. Unshakable.