Message for the Christian Girl on the main thread

Guest jigsaw_puzzled_singh

29 minutes ago, Ranjeet01 said:

I wonder if these commandments already existed in some form before.

The rumour is that Moses was high on some kind of drug when he received these commandments.  There was a burning bush (can't remember the name) which acted like some kind of psychedelic. 

The pagans were sophisticated people, they had built mighty civilisations and were spiritual. They believed in a after life and divine judgment. Yeah maybe they had less restrictions when it came to kaami stuff before marriage but pagans also had concept of marriage and commitment and I doubt adultery was allowed. 

Here's a ancient egyption painting depicting the afterlife with someone having their heart measured on a scale,  so pagans too beleived in divine judgment and justice. So they were not absolutely lawless and most likely followed laws similar to the 10 commandments 

Tbh the 10 commandments, apart from 3rd one are present in our hukhams as well. I'm Not saying that sikhi got it's laws from the 10 commandments but I'm saying that these basic laws exist in every religion. 

Judging by the pagan belief of divine judgment the pagans probably beleived in similar laws way before any of the current religions came about 

83825-004-451EFABC.jpg

34 minutes ago, Ranjeet01 said:

The rumour is that Moses was high on some kind of drug when he received these commandments.  There was a burning bush (can't remember the name) which acted like some kind of psychedelic

Lol  in moses defence, the burning bush event happened way before he received the 10 commandments. God spoke to moses through the burning bush and gave him the task of freeing the jews from egyption slavery. The 10 plagues followed which lasted 10 days I think, then the egyption king set them free but then decided to hunt them down. Moses then parted the sea to escape the egyptions, and then some point after that he received the commandments on a mountain. But when he came back down from the mountain he saw the jews worshipping and dancing around a golden calf idol and he got angry and smashed to commandments lol.  He then travelled around in the desert for 40 years with the jews before they reached the "promised land"   but he died before entering it.   Then joshua takes over   

God made them wonder around in the desert for 40 years because he wanted the corrupt Jews to die and their less corrupt offspring to enter the "promised land" instead. 

Its something like that lol .... 

3 minutes ago, Redoptics said:

Whats your thoughts on Noah, and the boat was a spaceship housing dna of every single animal on the planet. Heck that sound more reasonable than a boat with two of each species on it . How gigantic must thst boat of been hmmmmm i know 

THECONFESSIONALS1.JPG.jpg

Why didn't all the animals kill and eat each other!  Noas arc don't make sense to me.  Why didn't the the the leopard eat the deer and then the crocodile eat the leopard and then the hippo murder the crocodile and then the elephant kill the hippo.   How did they all live in harmony?  Very unnatural 

6 minutes ago, puzzled said:

Why didn't all the animals kill and eat each other!  Noas arc don't make sense to me.  Why didn't the the the leopard eat the deer and then the crocodile eat the leopard and then the hippo murder the crocodile and then the elephant kill the hippo.   How did they all live in harmony?  Very unnatural 

If you are interested 

https://www.mythoreligio.com/15-flood-myths-similar-to-the-story-of-noah-2/

Some of these religions are literally like Chinese whispers 

1 hour ago, puzzled said:

The pagans were sophisticated people, they had built mighty civilisations and were spiritual. They believed in a after life and divine judgment. Yeah maybe they had less restrictions when it came to kaami stuff before marriage but pagans also had concept of marriage and commitment and I doubt adultery was allowed. 

Here's a ancient egyption painting depicting the afterlife with someone having their heart measured on a scale,  so pagans too beleived in divine judgment and justice. So they were not absolutely lawless and most likely followed laws similar to the 10 commandments 

Tbh the 10 commandments, apart from 3rd one are present in our hukhams as well. I'm Not saying that sikhi got it's laws from the 10 commandments but I'm saying that these basic laws exist in every religion. 

Judging by the pagan belief of divine judgment the pagans probably beleived in similar laws way before any of the current religions came about 

83825-004-451EFABC.jpg

The Jewish people were called Hebrews during the time of Moses. 

Hebrew means "wandering tribe". I suspect the Hebrews picked up a lot of things from different cultures on their travels.

1 hour ago, Redoptics said:

Whats your thoughts on Noah, and the boat was a spaceship housing dna of every single animal on the planet. Heck that sound more reasonable than a boat with two of each species on it . How gigantic must thst boat of been hmmmmm i know 

ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕਾ ਖ਼ਾਲਸਾ ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕੀ ਫ਼ਤਹਿ

I think we should stop trying to criticise Christianity. In my opinion it's quite rude and will break a brother or sister's heart if they come on this website and see that we are trying to make fun of their faith. Alright there are somethings which are quite unusual and have been mixed with the Pagan religions but still let's try to keep Gurmat. Remember Satgur Paatshah Bibek de Saagar didn't make fun of anyone else's faith. When Sri Guru Nanak Dev ji Maharaaj was invited to the Mosque, he didn't start saying that Islam is false.

Something interesting, apparently some people found the Ark on Mountains Ararat. They found wood, thousands of feet up in the mountains, frozen and a guy brought back a piece of wood found there and that type doesn't grow anywhere near there, I think.

And even if Noah's ark is true, I think Noah (who is said to be hundreds of years old in age - a person in Satjug?) would have some common sense don't you think? Don't you think he would have brought babies on instead of a leopard eating a deer and there being Chaos?

And also does it affect Sikhi at all whether this happened or not. Maharaaj has told us:

ਜਿਨੀਐਸਾਹਰਿਨਾਮੁਨਚੇਤਿਓਸੇਕਾਹੇਜਗਿਆਏਰਾਮਰਾਜੇ॥

Those who have not kept the Lord's Name in their consciousness - why did they bother to come into the world, O Lord King?

ਇਹੁਮਾਣਸਜਨਮੁਦੁਲੰਭੁਹੈਨਾਮਬਿਨਾਬਿਰਥਾਸਭੁਜਾਏ॥

It is so difficult to obtain this human incarnation, and without the Naam, it is all futile and useless.

ਹੁਣਿਵਤੈਹਰਿਨਾਮੁਨਬੀਜਿਓਅਗੈਭੁਖਾਕਿਆਖਾਏ॥

Now, in this most fortunate season, he does not plant the seed of the Lord's Name; what will the hungry soul eat, in the world hereafter?

ਮਨਮੁਖਾਨੋਫਿਰਿਜਨਮੁਹੈਨਾਨਕਹਰਿਭਾਏ॥੨॥

The self-willed manmukhs are born again and again. O Nanak, such is the Lord's Will. ||2||

45 minutes ago, RajKaregaKhalsa1 said:

I think we should stop trying to criticise Christianity. In my opinion it's quite rude and will break a brother or sister's heart if they come on this website and see that we are trying to make fun of their faith. Alright there are somethings which are quite unusual and have been mixed with the Pagan religions but still let's try to keep Gurmat. Remember Satgur Paatshah Bibek de Saagar didn't make fun of anyone else's faith. When Sri Guru Nanak Dev ji Maharaaj was invited to the Mosque, he didn't start saying that Islam is false.

Something interesting, apparently some people found the Ark on Mountains Ararat. They found wood, thousands of feet up in the mountains, frozen and a guy brought back a piece of wood found there and that type doesn't grow anywhere near there, I think.

And even if Noah's ark is true, I think Noah (who is said to be hundreds of years old in age - a person in Satjug?) would have some common sense don't you think? Don't you think he would have brought babies on instead of a leopard eating a deer and there being Chaos?

And also does it affect Sikhi at all whether this happened or not. Maharaaj has told us:

ਜਿਨੀਐਸਾਹਰਿਨਾਮੁਨਚੇਤਿਓਸੇਕਾਹੇਜਗਿਆਏਰਾਮਰਾਜੇ॥

Those who have not kept the Lord's Name in their consciousness - why did they bother to come into the world, O Lord King?

ਇਹੁਮਾਣਸਜਨਮੁਦੁਲੰਭੁਹੈਨਾਮਬਿਨਾਬਿਰਥਾਸਭੁਜਾਏ॥

It is so difficult to obtain this human incarnation, and without the Naam, it is all futile and useless.

ਹੁਣਿਵਤੈਹਰਿਨਾਮੁਨਬੀਜਿਓਅਗੈਭੁਖਾਕਿਆਖਾਏ॥

Now, in this most fortunate season, he does not plant the seed of the Lord's Name; what will the hungry soul eat, in the world hereafter?

ਮਨਮੁਖਾਨੋਫਿਰਿਜਨਮੁਹੈਨਾਨਕਹਰਿਭਾਏ॥੨॥

The self-willed manmukhs are born again and again. O Nanak, such is the Lord's Will. ||2||

Can we not have a discussion without people saying stop making fun etc etc.. 

To be honest i am not a catholic.i am Anglican. The pope and the wealth and power of the church etc seems all wrong to me.  Christ had no wealth or palace. His treasure is in heaven not here. I also dislike the happt clappy over-excited believers. No need at all for that. Mine is a quiet faith and a hunger for truth, peace and love. This world is an illusion, a passing dream. Our soul's eternal fate is what interests me. 

Guest AjeetSinghPunjabi
On 4/21/2019 at 8:09 PM, MisterrSingh said:

Makes you think: treasure Sikh scriptures and preserve their authenticity. God knows how devils in our community will try to alter or erase sections of Gurbani for various nefarious reasons over the centuries to come. Vigilance is key. 

I think the council of nicea happened very early when bible was not spread to every nook and corner of earth. Now SGGS is present worldwide. Don't you think someone making some changes would be visible to sangat ?

but then again no one knows. However if its dhur ki baani, then dhur should protect it , no ??

On a sidenote, there's a "challenge" in quran whereby allah challenges someone should reproduce a verse similar to this one and then goes on to say he will protect the quran from corruption, but we know caliph Uthman burnt all copies of quran and published his own version which is now present