Message for the Christian Girl on the main thread

Guest jigsaw_puzzled_singh

On 4/22/2019 at 6:16 PM, Guest said:

To be honest i am not a catholic.i am Anglican. The pope and the wealth and power of the church etc seems all wrong to me.  Christ had no wealth or palace. His treasure is in heaven not here. I also dislike the happt clappy over-excited believers. No need at all for that. Mine is a quiet faith and a hunger for truth, peace and love. This world is an illusion, a passing dream. Our soul's eternal fate is what interests me. 

If only things were as simple as that though Christian Girl. Like it or not Christianity has throughout history been used as a 'divine guiding light' to "civilise" people of colour like us. Maybe you're not out to convert others....Maybe you are just on your own deeply spiritual path, but if inner consciousness is your ultimate goal than at the very least you need to be outwardly conscious enough to understand the harm that Christianity has caused to non-white people. People claiming 'divine authority' from the bible took black people from Africa to keep as slaves.......Slave owners used the bible to justify their actions......our Laws have been designed through biblical guidance and these Laws ensure one group of people (white) stay at the top while others are at the very least contained but at best 'civilised'......and we find ourselves in the present day with a facist in charge of the free world using Christianity as a tool to cause division and hate. You yourself may well be a fine and decent human being on a personal spiritual journey but I'd like you to understand that your faith as an institution has a track record that is anything but fine and decent. None of us can run and hide from history and history tells us that white christians lecture non-white non-christians about what is moral & the norms of civility and the non-white is supposed to listen and learn. What I'm saying then, is that nothing is done in isolation. Everything comes with baggage. Whilst you may just be a lone white Christian wishing to engage and learn you need to understand and acknowledge what bloody deeds previous white lone christians have done. There's no running away from history for even today will be history tomorrow. History, in other words, is today.

Guest guest

you have some weird, paranoid, hysterical fear/fixation about whites, "jigsaw".  what country do you live in?

on a sperate note:

a catholic missionary who chronicled Guru Arjan Dev's martyrdom, and described it as 'christlike'.  that is hardly hostile.  The text has been preserved at the Vatican library.

p.s. the mods here refuse a lot of my benign posts, yet let others post nasty hateful stuff.  i'm very confused by this.

Guest guest

things I like/ appreciate about Jesus:

1. his most important teaching was to love God with everything you've got.

2. he didn't advocate 'the sword'.  he advocated non-violence.  "if someone slaps you on the cheek, turn the other cheek towards you so they can slap you there too", "pray for your enemies".  

3. travelled to India and gave lectures (buddhist texts record this)

4. taught naam-worship (second line of Lord's prayer)

5. taught hukam (third line)

6. taught people to call God 'Father'.  How beautiful is that?  By contrast- in Judaism and Islam they usually use formal titles.

7. went to all the outcastes/ sinful people to teach them they could be bhagats

8. when people called him good he said don't call him good, that only God is good

9.  look for God within your body (kingdom of Heaven is within you).

btw the virgin conception is not something i have a problem believing in.  even outside of religion, mother nature has all kinds of anomalies.  there are plant species that have asexual reproduction.  and scientists have shown that conception could be done with two female eggs.  so why not with one?

16 hours ago, Guest guest said:

you have some weird, paranoid, hysterical fear/fixation about whites, "jigsaw".  what country do you live in?

?Sh1t that white people do 53 and 54:

53) As per the tactics of Trump. Breitbert , Fox News and the 'guests' above, whenever non-white people say anything that challenges the priveledges and fragilities of white people, immediately put it down to backward intelligence , irrational fear, irrational paranoia, i.e. ensure that the narrative of only white people being able to think intellectually is perpetuated. 

54) Ignore the fact that the ancient Greek philosophers looked to the east, especially India, as the source of all philosophical wisdom and described the white northern europeans as 'backward barbarians that can hardly stand straight let alone think philosophically'. Ignore it and pretend that white people invented philosophy. Just plain ignore how Kant deliberately set out on a mission to rubbish all eastern philosophy, even calling it 'childish' and pretend that the whites that the ancient greeks called 'backward barbarians' are the masters and inventors of intellectual philosophy. Peddle this myth and whenever a black or brown man questions it, call him a dunce. When you do this, you know you are well and truly white :)

Guest guest

i'm not white.

hatred and insecurity and not intellectualism,  so you needn't flatter yourself.

insulting some random girl's beliefs with vile approach on a forum doesn't make you some 'ideological hero'.

nobody claimed "only white people can think intellectually".  maybe you did some shitty degree at some shitty university and so came out bitter?

nobody cares about Kant here.  

and not sure why you are going on about blacks?  is that where you learnt your resentment?

On 4/19/2019 at 4:19 PM, AjeetSinghPunjabi said:

In case of religion , I prefer to believe in the "mystical" and what the texts say ! 

Anyways lets put the abrahamics aside for a moment, in a similar vein, I am beginning to wonder "If sodhis and bedis are descendants of lav and kush respectively, then that why is NOT Ramchandar (father of lav and kush)  referred to in venerating words in SGGS or even in Sri Dasam granth for that matter ?" 

Thats even more fishy ! 

easy answer ..when you have charan pahul/khande di pahul it is equivalent to varna naash , kul naash, dharam naash.... besides Raam Ravan and all the devte devian are still in the realms of 5 vikaars so subject to maya why would there be mehima of them when Guru ji refused to do mehima of any other prophets ?

• 1 month later...
On 4/21/2019 at 3:47 PM, RajKaregaKhalsa1 said:

I think we should stop trying to criticise Christianity. In my opinion it's quite rude and will break a brother or sister's heart if they come on this website and see that we are trying to make fun of their faith.

So, do you think it would break a young Sikh's heart who's trying to find their way in life when their classmate or college roommate tells them that they are going to an everlasting hell just because they aren't a Christian?

17 minutes ago, MisterrSingh said:

I think it was a delegation of African Muslims around the time of a specific Christian holiday that requires Christians to perform "seva" for guests. 

Well, there is an actual Christian tradition of foot-washing, usually not followed.
But do you fault the Pope because he bowed to Muslims or to anyone?