Guest jigsaw_puzzled_singh

Message for the Christian Girl on the main thread

On 4/19/2019 at 4:19 PM, AjeetSinghPunjabi said:

In case of religion , I prefer to believe in the "mystical" and what the texts say ! 

Anyways lets put the abrahamics aside for a moment, in a similar vein, I am beginning to wonder "If sodhis and bedis are descendants of lav and kush respectively, then that why is NOT Ramchandar (father of lav and kush)  referred to in venerating words in SGGS or even in Sri Dasam granth for that matter ?" 

Thats even more fishy ! 

easy answer ..when you have charan pahul/khande di pahul it is equivalent to varna naash , kul naash, dharam naash.... besides Raam Ravan and all the devte devian are still in the realms of 5 vikaars so subject to maya why would there be mehima of them when Guru ji refused to do mehima of any other prophets ?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
On 4/21/2019 at 8:58 AM, MisterrSingh said:

These so-called men of God will be the death of us all. 😂

Is that Pope Francis? Who is he bowing to?

On 4/21/2019 at 3:47 PM, RajKaregaKhalsa1 said:

I think we should stop trying to criticise Christianity. In my opinion it's quite rude and will break a brother or sister's heart if they come on this website and see that we are trying to make fun of their faith.

So, do you think it would break a young Sikh's heart who's trying to find their way in life when their classmate or college roommate tells them that they are going to an everlasting hell just because they aren't a Christian?

32 minutes ago, BhForce said:

Is that Pope Francis? Who is he bowing to?

I think it was a delegation of African Muslims around the time of a specific Christian holiday that requires Christians to perform "seva" for guests. 

17 minutes ago, MisterrSingh said:

I think it was a delegation of African Muslims around the time of a specific Christian holiday that requires Christians to perform "seva" for guests. 

Well, there is an actual Christian tradition of foot-washing, usually not followed.
But do you fault the Pope because he bowed to Muslims or to anyone?

2 hours ago, BhForce said:

Well, there is an actual Christian tradition of foot-washing, usually not followed.

Both. 

Guest guest
14 hours ago, MisterrSingh said:

Both. 

imo it's those people getting their feet washed who should be ashamed of themselves.  

20 hours ago, MisterrSingh said:
23 hours ago, BhForce said:

Both. 

But how can you blame the Pope for following his religion? (Seeing as washing somebody's feet doesn't harm us, unlike, say, jihad.)

44 minutes ago, BhForce said:

But how can you blame the Pope for following his religion? (Seeing as washing somebody's feet doesn't harm us, unlike, say, jihad.)

Don't play ignorant. He has a responsibility as the figurehead of his respective sect; as the apparent leader and role model for 1.2 billion Catholics to be cognisant of his actions, because they not only reflect his own thoughts but the expectation of how all Catholics are then expected to behave, to varying degrees, due to the example set by their leader. 

The symbolic nature of bowing down to a Muslim delegation and kissing their feet -- especially in a world where that image will circulate in seconds -- is hugely damaging regardless of the idea that the religion itself prescribes it as an acceptable ritual. Again, symbolically, at a time when millions of migrants are flocking to traditionally (if not in practice) Christian countries, what does this image suggest to those individuals who are of a competing, more aggressive belief system which holds Westerners and Christians with contempt and scant regard? When their Pope tacitly prescribes an attitude of prostration, literally and figuratively, it's not an innocuous act of religious devotion; it's a calculated and concerted visual message designed to signify surrender and the example he expects Catholics to adhere to. And don't for one moment believe the Pope was caught unawares or was simply caught up in innocuous religious observances. He knew very well what he was doing. I reiterate the idea that this religious gesture symbolises something greater in magnitude than what it seems to imply on the surface. Everything is symbolism with these people.

Discernment. It's what separates us from being mere automatons. There is a time and place for all things. 

6 minutes ago, MisterrSingh said:

Again, symbolically, at a time when millions of migrants are flocking to traditionally (if not in practice) Christian countries, what does this image suggest to those individuals who are of a competing, more aggressive belief system which holds Westerners and Christians with contempt and scant regard?

Right, I agree with that. I.e., the problem is bowing to Muslims.

The problem is you said "both", implying (to my mind) you would object to the Pope carrying out his religion in washing the feet of Christians in that tradition.

I completely agree that the foot-washing of Muslims was specifically staged to further the Pope's agenda of importing millions of Muslims.

3 minutes ago, BhForce said:

Right, I agree with that. I.e., the problem is bowing to Muslims.

The problem is you said "both", implying (to my mind) you would object to the Pope carrying out his religion in washing the feet of Christians in that tradition.

I completely agree that the foot-washing of Muslims was specifically staged to further the Pope's agenda of importing millions of Muslims.

He can charran-toh as many Christians as his heart desires, but that's not going to make the front pages of the newspapers and websites, is it? An act of apparent humility doesn't ring true when there's many socially and politically loaded issues circulating around it; issues that only the most sheltered or out of touch individual would be ignorant of. For the Pope to not be aware or even advised against the "optical impact" of his visual statement is difficult to believe. Catholicism is a heresy in my opinion, but that's neither here nor there. Billions clearly feel otherwise.

Guest guest

he's following his religion.  he's worshipping/honouring Jesus, not bowing to any group.  

why does there have to be an agenda to everything in your mind?  he's a spiritual figurehead, not a political leader.  

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

Terms of Use