Influx of backward punjabi pendus in Canada

Guest Singh

Guest Singh

This is not a thread to start bashing any castes or areas of Punjab so please don't make it into that.

Generally speaking there has been a mass influx of backward punjabi pendus in Canada the last 5-10 years and I think it's hurting the community as a whole.

The Sikh community in Canada has always been looked upon as well integrated and highly educated. However, recent trends are not good. These backward uneducated pendus are absolutely disgraceful in their conduct. The majority of them came here via fake marriage sponsorship where 2 families make a "deal" where you marry our person from India and our person in Canada will marry one of yours in India. 

I was born in the 80s and I know with my parents and others from the 70's, 80's, and 90's, they had an appreciation for what this country has given them in terms of opportunity. Thankfully the 2nd generation has educated themselves well and gotten into highly professional positions. However, these backward pendus today have no appreciation and bring their desi garbage here.

There are not people you can reason with. I saw one guy who was clearly drunk as a skunk embarrassing himself. I tried to reason with him but he threatened me and said 'do you know my uncle is the sarpanch? We have 10 acres of land. I'm the son of a jatt, <banned word filter activated> off'.

As a community what can we do about this to avoid being labelled as a backwards community that cannot integrate in this country?

Guest jigsaw_puzzled_singh
17 hours ago, Guest Singh said:

This is not a thread to start bashing any castes or areas of Punjab so please don't make it into that.

Generally speaking there has been a mass influx of backward punjabi pendus in Canada the last 5-10 years and I think it's hurting the community as a whole.

The Sikh community in Canada has always been looked upon as well integrated and highly educated. However, recent trends are not good. These backward uneducated pendus are absolutely disgraceful in their conduct. The majority of them came here via fake marriage sponsorship where 2 families make a "deal" where you marry our person from India and our person in Canada will marry one of yours in India. 

I was born in the 80s and I know with my parents and others from the 70's, 80's, and 90's, they had an appreciation for what this country has given them in terms of opportunity. Thankfully the 2nd generation has educated themselves well and gotten into highly professional positions. However, these backward pendus today have no appreciation and bring their desi garbage here.

There are not people you can reason with. I saw one guy who was clearly drunk as a skunk embarrassing himself. I tried to reason with him but he threatened me and said 'do you know my uncle is the sarpanch? We have 10 acres of land. I'm the son of a jatt, <banned word filter activated> off'.

As a community what can we do about this to avoid being labelled as a backwards community that cannot integrate in this country?

I was born in the 80s and I know with my parents and others from the 70's, 80's, and 90's, they had an appreciation for what this country has given them

To the pioneer families  out there in the west coast...who have been there since the early 1900s....YOU AND YOUR FAMILY are the "backward newcomers" who only arrived as very late as the "70s 80s and 90s" whilst they have been there since the 1890s, 10s, 20s,30s, 40s and 50s and they belong to that "backward caste" your whole thread is designed to denigrate.

So lets put what you say in your thread in perspective step by step. 

1) Uneducated farmers come to Canada in the late 1800s and build a Sikh diaspora with hard work.

2) Your family come along 100 rs later and settle into the ready made Sikh diaspora that those hard working uneducated men and women had built through blood, sweat and toil.

3) More of the people that built the Sikh diaspora start to arrive in Canada.

4) And yet you and your latecomer family who had not done anything or given any blood to build anything feel you have the right to criticise those others for being 'uneducated'. 

Ummm.....I think it's clear for everyone here to see just who the truly uneducated lazy newcomers are and you probably could too....if you looked in the mirror.

Tip......If you wish to disguise a caste bashing thread by starting with a standard Dallysingh100esque "this is not a caste bashing thread" try not to quickly fill it with classic Dallysingh100 language about "backward pendu jatts". It kinda defeats the object of a non-caste bashing thread. ?

Now.....yes lot of the newcomers are more backward than we had before but that is because alot of the newcomers are from backward areas of Malwa that have experienced western emigration for the first time (i,e 100 years after the people from Doaba). Apart from Ludhiana, a lot of Malwa is notoriously backward so 'caste' has absolutely nothing to do with it. But....on the whole, the premise of your thread is very flawed. The newcomer Sikhs into Canada iintegrate quicker than UK Sikhs, buy million dollar houses quicker than UK Sikhs, make money quicker than UK Sikhs and generally, by UK Sikh standards, integrate a little too much.

I'm from a town(UK) that has always been a immigrant town and you see Punjabis doing the same thing here, tbh it don't bother me and neither does it bother anyone else, everyone's used to it. Anyway, you see the Irish, Somali, paki,Jamaican, Romanian, Easten European and polish immigrants doing the exact same thing in the evenings and weekends,    no big deal    standard behaviour for most urban immigrant towns   even the few English living here behave the same way

Really doesn't bother me ... 

Perhaps you can move to another area with less recent immigrants? 

Guest Surreyboy
On 4/9/2019 at 8:32 AM, Guest Singh said:

Where about are you talking about?

You know there is a major difference between our banday populations on the west side,(Vancouver, Surrey) to the mid-(Calgary) and the east (Toronto, Mississauga).

On 4/9/2019 at 9:32 AM, Guest Singh said:

Bai ji, no offence to you but i want to share  my views as well.

I also came and settled in canada as a student in many yrs ago. All what you are saying is true I accept. But there is an other side of the coin as well which you may be not aware of. I accept many punjabi student from rich backgrounds come here and do very low grade acts but the punjabis like you who settled here 30 yrs ago also not too good as well. Here are some examples that happened with me

1. The punjabi canadian who settled decades ago, usually their business is now running with the help of punjabi students, i am currently in Calgary, 70/100 truck drivers here are punjabi students. 50/100 are paid less and given stress more. Punjabi employers like CTX logistics, Stryder Motorfreight, NorthX transport, GraceRoadlines, Lightspeed Logistics, RedMapple Transport are taking advantage of their student status. They pay less and force them to work long hrs more than 13 hrs drive time which is illegal in canada. ( plz don’t say that why don’t they complain- they are stuck, they have to be slaves till they get PR)

2. Singhs who came here in refugee 1984 cases are now well settled and now they are taking advantage of students. The famous singh shaheed baba gurbachan singh manochals son is well settled here in brampton now on one side they want khalistan as its their right and on the other side he pays less to students for this construction and fence work.

Almost all punjabi enployers at gas stations, restaurants and everywhere pays less to students, it is not good bai ji

3. I accept some punjabis did bad acts in toronto, fighting near sheridan college. Now I used to study there as well 6 yrs ago. Now there were about 3-4 fights and all You people started making campaigns to government that STOP PUNJABI STUDENTS, stop punjabi students. As a result, now all toronto area started to hate all students.  Gurudwaras are now moving from their religion.

dont u know  Malton Gurughar stopped a young student to sit in a langar beacuse he comes everyday?

what about similar stories in BC and other main cities? Stopping a student to eat in langar makes punjabi community bright ?

i accept its legal to campaign but but about the punjabis who settled here in canada 30 yrs ago by using marriage falsely. Haven’t you not studied the cases where sisters got married to their cousins just to get PR,  daughter-in-laws married to father to get her family to toronto? Isn’t it smell more like a skunk? 

Remember what happened in USA gurughar on last vaisakhi? Remember the poor condition of sachkhand room of Malton gurughar? Almost all canadian gurughar members are fighting, disrespecting just for money- is it respectful for the community?

And when 15 yrs ago, a punjabi wife gives birth to a bkack boy- what kind of respect it give to our community?

punjabi employers in BC usually takes 20,000$ from students and visitors to get them PR, harash them, underpay them and when they get their PR- they started to say- they are disrespectful to old punjabi community.

i have 5-6 pages to write, but going to sleep now. In short what u said I totally rigjt but punjabi who settled 30 yrs ago are also not too good bai ji.

Thanks 

Guest @Tinkerbell

Since you have been in Canada for awhile, now you are familiar with Canadian work ethics. “ Students” coming from Panjab unfortunately lacks the ethics and have the “ let’s cheat the system mentality “ a gift of Indian system  they carry here as well. 

1. As you know that, pay is based on experience here in Canada and working hours are determined by seniority and union. But Ofcourse , students pay $5000 for fake driving License, don’t know how to park the truck, as you may know that recently , Sidhu guy who got sentenced for 8 years , who killed 16 hockey players , left many disable for rest of their lives, just because he was too busy did not pay attention to several warning sings to stop for the intersection. So, please tell the full story. Snap out , without following rules want everything 

2. There is this attitude “of Fookara pun” based on their Parents money. Forcing their parents to sell their land so they can drive “ Mustang” while holding a par-time job and barely attending classes at private colleges.

3. No one stops students from taking Langar but many lack manners , how to sit in Pangat. Holding hands of their boyfriend girlfriend  , kissing , non-stop talking while taking part in Langar , on phone, trying to put Burkey in each other’s mouth..... when our Ankhee Bazorag or Sevadars tell them to stop this Bollywood drama, then they claim “ oh menu Langar vicho kad ta” . If anyone gone away from Sikhie is quite obvious, who has.

4. 1984 Sikhs and Sikhs prior to them have laid down the foundation for future generation and they have taken away many hardships for the future generation, you have no idea. That Dastar and Kirpan Given by our Guru that we wear , has always been the target but Kudos to our ancestors with Gurus Grace never giving up and taking up the fight to Supreme Court. They are more connected with Sikhie than this Bollywood Indian generation which more are connected to India . However, I have come across some hardworking students who focus on their Sikhie , seva and career. They get over shadowed by 80% Fookaray spiked brats. Then there is this type , who are happy to be abroad so that they have more “ freedom”  and can live with their girlfriends, have contract marriage from Panjab. Who is going to pay for study “ saday munday nu paka karvadevoh” . It is not only limited to Sheridan college fight. They beat each other up for sake of Kuriyeah. At YouTube video is available of “ real estate agent “ being ganged up right in the middle of the intersection because Kuri and agent were texting each other and boyfriend did not know, when these kind of news hit the media , Indian Govt funded RAW agents also do not hold back to widen wedge between Sikhs. Such as Bassie radio wala, they add their own masala.

Yes we should as previously settled Sikh community should also provide help and guidience whoever is willing and hard working students who are deserving , like scholarships to help them financially......end of the day need to snap out of this dream , soon you step out of airport “ dollars will rain” “ let’s cheat the system” “ Lets play Bollywood Bollywood “ “ lets have girlfriend and boyfriend , lets Drink alcohol asee bhar a gayeah” “ oh Dadee da pasa, saray Jealous nay” “ let’s work more than 25 legal hours permitted by the student visa ( how the hell Panjabie owner suppose to pay legal money above 25 , end of the day CRA will like to see T4 so will immigration and they are helping you ). It is time to own your own mistakes or life will teach a very hard lesson when dads money will runout , Fake degree from a private college will not land you any job.  Fake driving licences will cause accidents and deported back for murders , realization that Bollywood movies only prepared you for Fookrapun which has no value is real life .