Redoptics

Any information on how Guru Gobind Singh Ji dealt with the death of his family

Just wondering if there is any information out there on how Guru Guru Gobind Singh Ji dealt with the death of his family.

Any information would be appreciated.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

hi

well guru ji saw the khalsa as his sons, he recognized the whole of the khalsa as his family and in a letter to aurangzeb, zafarnamah, guru ji said 

"What happened that you have killed four children (my sons), 

the coiled snake (in the form of my Khalsa) still remains (to confront you)."

So guru equated his 4 sons with the khalsa 

Sikhs are supposed to recognize all other sikhs as family, so if a loved one passes away you still have thousands of others that are your family.  This in todays time is hard to imagine, if only the Sikhs of today thought this way  ....

• Like 1

6 hours ago, puzzled said:

"What happened that you have killed four children (my sons), 

the coiled snake (in the form of my Khalsa) still remains (to confront you)."

Great answer, bro.

7 hours ago, Redoptics said:

Just wondering if there is any information out there on how Guru Guru Gobind Singh Ji dealt with the death of his family.

It is said that when Guru ji was informed of the martyrdom of his sons, he said:

Char mooay tau kia bhaya, jeevat kei hazaar

Meaning

What does it matter if 4 died, many thousands live.

That is that his other sons (the Khalsa) live on. So Guru Sahib didn't weep and cry like men today are encouraged to "show their emotions".

2 hours ago, BhForce said:

It is said that when Guru ji was informed of the martyrdom of his sons, he said:

Char mooay tau kia bhaya, jeevat kei hazaar

Meaning

That is that his other sons (the Khalsa) live on. So Guru Sahib didn't weep and cry like men today are encouraged to "show their emotions".

Not being rude, but don't need hearsay, is there anything written by Guru Gobind Singh Ji himself? I can't find anything. 

On 4/20/2019 at 4:08 PM, Redoptics said:

The movie chaar sahibzadey part 2, i think its called banda singh bahadur. The 3D one. Shows the saakhi from sooraj parkash.

Its nice saakhi abt how guruji teaches mataji to deal with her grief, i call it the choori saakhi. 

You can watch the movie or read the original from sooraj parkash. Sooraj parkash is the history of the 10 gurus and the khalsa written in 1800s. Its one of our most authentic and oldest historical sources. You might be able to find it on ikatha.com or vidhiya.com. they might even have english translations. You will have to search through it tho. Its at least 10 volumes. Or u can buy the hardcover books in english version from turiyacharity.com

13 minutes ago, Not2Cool2Argue said:

The movie chaar sahibzadey part 2, i think its called banda singh bahadur. The 3D one. Shows the saakhi from sooraj parkash.

Its nice saakhi abt how guruji teaches mataji to deal with her grief, i call it the choori saakhi. 

You can watch the movie or read the original from sooraj parkash. Sooraj parkash is the history of the 10 gurus and the khalsa written in 1800s. Its one of our most authentic and oldest historical sources. You might be able to find it on ikatha.com or vidhiya.com. they might even have english translations. You will have to search through it tho. Its at least 10 volumes. Or u can buy the hardcover books in english version from turiyacharity.com

Thank you for the information.

On 4/21/2019 at 1:34 AM, Redoptics said:

Not being rude, but don't need hearsay, is there anything written by Guru Gobind Singh Ji himself? I can't find anything. 

That was not written by Guru Sahib in their bani. It is written in Sikh history.

59 minutes ago, BhForce said:

That was not written by Guru Sahib in their bani. It is written in Sikh history.

I know, I was strictly looking for something Guru Ji wrote.

10 hours ago, Redoptics said:

The great Sarbans daani Guru Gobind Singh ji followed in the traditions of his vansh to never think beyond 'tera kiya mitta lagai, har Nam padarath Nank mangai'

Edited by jkvlondon

9 hours ago, Redoptics said:

The only place I kniw that Guruji has mentioned the sahibzades' shaheedi would be Zafarnama. It is the letter Guruji wrote to Aurangzeb, the tyrant ruler of the time. 

It is a victory letter, so there is no mention of grief. But other than that, even in Dasam Bani, some of which is autobiographical, there is no mention of the shahaadat. Although i think there is mention of Guru Tegh Bahadar Sahibs shaheedi, but i might be confusing it with sooraj parkaash. ( im thinking of tegh Bahadar ke chalat bhayo jagat ko sok, hai hai hai sab jag bhayo, jai jai jai sir lok)

Edited by Not2Cool2Argue

On 4/21/2019 at 9:34 AM, Redoptics said:

On 4/21/2019 at 7:30 AM, BhForce said:

That bit above is from Zafarnama, so it is Guru ji's words (or a paraphrase of it). 

Bachiter Natak shows Guru ji's attitude towards his nauvin padshah's shaheedi and Guru ji differentiates between the human response towards it (lamentation) and those of dev lok (who considered it a victory). 

Interestingly, I just read a bit from Panth Prakash on this very thing and it says that Guru ji did show some emotion and some Singhs pulled him up on it. But that was written long after. 

1 hour ago, dallysingh101 said:

That bit above is from Zafarnama, so it is Guru ji's words (or a paraphrase of it). 

Bachiter Natak shows Guru ji's attitude towards his nauvin padshah's shaheedi and Guru ji differentiates between the human response towards it (lamentation) and those of dev lok (who considered it a victory). 

Interestingly, I just read a bit from Panth Prakash on this very thing and it says that Guru ji did show some emotion and some Singhs pulled him up on it. But that was written long after. 

I cant see anyone saying anything to any one of our Gurus, I just thought somewhere he may of written how to deal with death. 

2 hours ago, Redoptics said:

I cant see anyone saying anything to any one of our Gurus, I just thought somewhere he may of written how to deal with death. 

It's all over SGGS ji in my opinion. It's referred to as an attachment to this fleeting world over the eternal. 

12 hours ago, Redoptics said:

Ever been to an Akhand Paath? The whole of Salok M: 9 before the end basically deals with death the fleeting nature of human life.