Parent's are setting me back in my Sikhi

Guest khalsasingh101

Guest khalsasingh101
17 hours ago, Guest JuniorK6 said:

Who’s the Mahapurkh? This sounds familiar to what my little brother has been saying...

How's that relevant to anything??

Guest GuestSingh
On 4/21/2019 at 2:51 PM, Guest khalsasingh101 said:

I wanted to do a formal ardaas to Maharaj with a granthi and I asked my mom,(after doing around 2 hours of revision), if I could go, She went "whats an ardaas going to do for you, stop with all this nonsense and do revision".

is she the same sort that will go to a gurdwara and pray/ask for blessings only wen feeling down/depressed etc. so her wishes become true? hypocrites like this need a gd thupparh

my advice is dnt bother tellin ur parents about anything sikhi since they tend to have little to no understanding, knowledge and appreciation and tend to put u dwn to stop u from walking ur path...

focus on ur education and think about ur career so u can provide for ur family wivout struggling later in life...

but do ardaas, paath, kirtan and anything else in sikhi on ur own or wiv sangat so u dnt feel frustrated/angry wiv ur parents or feel regret/guilt for maharaj later...

Guest khalsasingh101
On 5/1/2019 at 7:22 PM, GuestSingh said:

is she the same sort that will go to a gurdwara and pray/ask for blessings only wen feeling down/depressed etc. so her wishes become true? hypocrites like this need a gd thupparh

blud I know she's done wrong but shes still my mom... Mind your tone.

Guest GuestSingh
On 5/3/2019 at 9:42 PM, Guest khalsasingh101 said:

blud I know she's done wrong but shes still my mom... Mind your tone.

listen kid some friendly advice...u aint my elder n u aint black either so theres no need to talk like one especially if ur an amritdhari....

wasnt singling ur mom out - any apne who think they can enjoy the best of 'both worlds' and get blessings wen it suits them need a wake-up call.

if u have as much 'immense' love for guru ji as u proudly proclaim then u wud heed the advice given by folk above and thank em...then jus do it...