Depression from Horrible Arranged Marraige

LifeIsBeautiful

4 hours ago, Ranjeet01 said:

If there is any reason why in the past daughter-in-laws were treated harshly by their mother-in-laws, the girl presented here provides the example.

We call our culture backward and repressive and we consider ourselves enlightened and tried to do things differently  but maybe our forefathers were right all along.

no it's actually about teaching children sanskar, and they continue the behaviour to adulthood!

Fair enough to the people who are saying that I have cowed, honestly I have been successful at work and in life through the grace of Waheguru. 

The only reason I went to India to get married was my folks knew I wanted to keep my roots, I really valued Sikhism as a kid, and hence my sister thought this one girl that someone recommended would be the right person.

The girl has no akaal, wont talk to anyone, sits around watching bollywood movies, and honestly the reason I haven't kicked her out was the shame it would bring to my parents and to myself, going around Guru Granth Sahiab. 

For some people, laavan is just a 'khel', and to a lot of the brothers out there, I would honestly discourage you from going to India. I think the culture has completely changed and for a lot of the kids, here, who were raised by hard working parents and had good values.

Anyways, appreciate everyones comments. All I can say is when you are married to the wrong person, it really messes up your life, gurbani has been literally the only thing that has kept me mentally alive and can't stress that enough to people, that when your marrying someone, sometimes its literally a coin toss, its easy to laugh at someone's misfortune, or say your better, but when it happens to you, you realize no one will help you or can help you

WJKK WJKF

- mods if you dont mind lockign this post.

4 hours ago, LifeIsBeautiful said:

The only reason I went to India to get married was my folks knew I wanted to keep my roots, I really valued Sikhism as a kid, and hence my sister thought this one girl that someone recommended would be the right person.

It's understandable that you wanted to be closer to your roots fella but sometimes out roots are right in front of us, i'm not say you would have found the perfect bride from the country you were born and bred in, but at least there wouldn't have been a cultural divide, when getting married our religion is important but if the two people are culturally different then you are asking of heartache.

I'm glad you have found some salvation and escape in Gurbani but at some point your going to have to face the problems in your marriage.

Whatever you do fella, good luck with it and keep your head up.