Anyone know why when reciting Benti Chaupai some parts are missed out

Redoptics

They end after (ਦੁਸਟ ਦੋਖ ਤੇ ਲੇਹੁ ਬਚਾਈ ॥੪੦੧॥) because after this, Guru Sahib ends the Benti and now thanks Akaal Purakh for completing the Granth (Charitropakyan).

I personally think its fine to read the last 2 Pauris (ਕ੍ਰਿਪਾ ਕਰੀ ਹਮ ਪਰ ਜਗਮਾਤਾ ॥ and ਸ੍ਰੀ ਅਸਿਧੁਜ ਜਬ ਭਏ ਦਯਾਲਾ ॥) and the Arril (ਸੁਨੈ ਗੁੰਗ ਜੋ ਯਾਹਿ ਸੁ ਰਸਨਾ ਪਾਵਈ ॥), but I do not see why the Choupai after that one (ਸੰਬਤ ਸਤ੍ਰਹ ਸਹਸ ਭਣਿਜੈ ॥) needs to read.

This choupai is literally just mentioning the date and location where the Granth was completed. It makes sense if someone was doing Paath of the whole Charitropakyan granth, but not when doing Benti Chaupai.

29 minutes ago, FreshMind13 said:

They end after (ਦੁਸਟ ਦੋਖ ਤੇ ਲੇਹੁ ਬਚਾਈ ॥੪੦੧॥) because after this, Guru Sahib ends the Benti and now thanks Akaal Purakh for completing the Granth (Charitropakyan).

I personally think its fine to read the last 2 Pauris (ਕ੍ਰਿਪਾ ਕਰੀ ਹਮ ਪਰ ਜਗਮਾਤਾ ॥ and ਸ੍ਰੀ ਅਸਿਧੁਜ ਜਬ ਭਏ ਦਯਾਲਾ ॥) and the Arril (ਸੁਨੈ ਗੁੰਗ ਜੋ ਯਾਹਿ ਸੁ ਰਸਨਾ ਪਾਵਈ ॥), but I do not see why the Choupai after that one (ਸੰਬਤ ਸਤ੍ਰਹ ਸਹਸ ਭਣਿਜੈ ॥) needs to read.

This choupai is literally just mentioning the date and location where the Granth was completed. It makes sense if someone was doing Paath of the whole Charitropakyan granth, but not when doing Benti Chaupai.

This is what is usually missing :-

Kripaa karee ham per jag mata. Granth karaa puran subh raataa. kilbikh sagal deh ko hartaa. Dustt dokhiyan ko chhai kartaa. (26)

The Mother of the world has been kind towards me and I have completed the book this auspicious night; The Lord is the destroyer of all the sins of the body and all the malicious and wicked persons.(26)

Siree asDhuj jab bhae dayiaalaa. Pooran karaa granth tatkaalaa. Man baa(n)chhat phal paavai soee. Dookh na tisai biaapat koee. (27)

When Mahakal became kind, He immediately caused me to complete this book; He will obtain the fruit desired by the mind (who will read or listen to this book) and no suffering will occur to him.(27)

ARRIL

Sunai gung jo yaahe so rasnaa paavaee. Sunai moorr chit laaé chaturtaa aavaee. Dukh darad bhau nikatt naa tin nar ké rahai. Ho jo yaakee eik baar chaupe-ee ko kahé. (28)

The dumb, who will listen to it, will be blessed with the tongue to speak; the fool, who will listen to it attentively, will get wisdom; The suffering, pain and fear of the person will depart who recite Chaupai even once.(28)

CHAUPAI

Sambat satrh sahis bheNije. ardh sahis phun teen kaheje. Bhadrrav sudee ashtmee ravivaraa. Teer sat-drav granth sudaahraa. (29)

It was Bikrami Samvat 1753; This book was competed on the banks of Sutlej on Sunday, the eighth Sudi of the month of Bhaadro.

SVAIYAA

Paa(n)e gahe jab té tumré tab té ko’oo aa(n)kh taré nehee aanyo. Ram rahim Puran Quran anak kahai mat eek na maneyo. Simrat shaastr badh sabh bohu bhedh kahai ham eik na janyo. Siree asipaan kripaa tumree kar(i), mai na kahyo sabh tohé bakhaanyo. (30)

O God ! Since I have held your feet, none other has entered my vision; Ram, Rahim, Puranas, Quran and many others recite, but I don't believe in even one. The Simritis, Shastras and Vedas describe many mysteries, but I don't recognise even one of them; O Sword-wielder God! All this I write, with your blessings, is not what I know but what you have shown me.(30)

DOHRAA

Sagal duaar kau chhaad kai, gahe’o tuhaaro duaar. Baa(n)he gahe kee laaj as Gobind daas tuhaar.(31)

O Lord ! I have forsaken all other doors and chosen your door. O Govind, you have taken my arm; cared and protect your servant's honour.(31)

Just think Sikhs should ne singing/reading the entire Benti Chaupai, especially when Guru Gobind Singh Ji says you read this once, and your pain, suffering and fear will depart.

It also puts to bed Guru Gobind Singh Ji believed in hindu or any other deities. 

On 4/23/2019 at 2:09 AM, Redoptics said:

This is what is usually missing :-

Kripaa karee ham per jag mata. Granth karaa puran subh raataa. kilbikh sagal deh ko hartaa. Dustt dokhiyan ko chhai kartaa. (26)

The Mother of the world has been kind towards me and I have completed the book this auspicious night; The Lord is the destroyer of all the sins of the body and all the malicious and wicked persons.(26)

Siree asDhuj jab bhae dayiaalaa. Pooran karaa granth tatkaalaa. Man baa(n)chhat phal paavai soee. Dookh na tisai biaapat koee. (27)

When Mahakal became kind, He immediately caused me to complete this book; He will obtain the fruit desired by the mind (who will read or listen to this book) and no suffering will occur to him.(27)

ARRIL

Sunai gung jo yaahe so rasnaa paavaee. Sunai moorr chit laaé chaturtaa aavaee. Dukh darad bhau nikatt naa tin nar ké rahai. Ho jo yaakee eik baar chaupe-ee ko kahé. (28)

The dumb, who will listen to it, will be blessed with the tongue to speak; the fool, who will listen to it attentively, will get wisdom; The suffering, pain and fear of the person will depart who recite Chaupai even once.(28)

CHAUPAI

Sambat satrh sahis bheNije. ardh sahis phun teen kaheje. Bhadrrav sudee ashtmee ravivaraa. Teer sat-drav granth sudaahraa. (29)

It was Bikrami Samvat 1753; This book was competed on the banks of Sutlej on Sunday, the eighth Sudi of the month of Bhaadro.

SVAIYAA

Paa(n)e gahe jab té tumré tab té ko’oo aa(n)kh taré nehee aanyo. Ram rahim Puran Quran anak kahai mat eek na maneyo. Simrat shaastr badh sabh bohu bhedh kahai ham eik na janyo. Siree asipaan kripaa tumree kar(i), mai na kahyo sabh tohé bakhaanyo. (30)

O God ! Since I have held your feet, none other has entered my vision; Ram, Rahim, Puranas, Quran and many others recite, but I don't believe in even one. The Simritis, Shastras and Vedas describe many mysteries, but I don't recognise even one of them; O Sword-wielder God! All this I write, with your blessings, is not what I know but what you have shown me.(30)

DOHRAA

Sagal duaar kau chhaad kai, gahe’o tuhaaro duaar. Baa(n)he gahe kee laaj as Gobind daas tuhaar.(31)

O Lord ! I have forsaken all other doors and chosen your door. O Govind, you have taken my arm; cared and protect your servant's honour.(31)

Just think Sikhs should ne singing/reading the entire Benti Chaupai, especially when Guru Gobind Singh Ji says you read this once, and your pain, suffering and fear will depart.

It also puts to bed Guru Gobind Singh Ji believed in hindu or any other deities. 

That is what he said...... As we know that rehrass is combination of many banis, therefore, In rehrass, people only read ਬੇਨਤੀ and Benti Ends at "Dusht ........ Leyo bachaayi". 

11 hours ago, Amit12 said:

That is what he said...... As we know that rehrass is combination of many banis, therefore, In rehrass, people only read ਬੇਨਤੀ and Benti Ends at "Dusht ........ Leyo bachaayi". 

I know but what i said was, there is a lot of information gone astray because of those missing parts, example where Guru Ji says he does not believe in Ram, Rahim, Puranas, Quran , only Vaheguru.

1 hour ago, Redoptics said:

I know but what i said was, there is a lot of information gone astray because of those missing parts, example where Guru Ji says he does not believe in Ram, Rahim, Puranas, Quran , only Vaheguru.

Those are read in Rehraas, but not in morning Nitnem (unless one wants to, its their choice to read more Baani).

2 hours ago, FreshMind13 said:

Those are read in Rehraas, but not in morning Nitnem (unless one wants to, its their choice to read more Baani).

No savaiya and arril is in morning chaupai sahib too.

The real reason is because of different maryada of taksal and akj.

Taksal is abt tradition so they read how they were taught and their santhiya teachers were taught going back.

Akj is all abt what makes sense. So they end at kharag pauri because the bani ends their and the savaiye and arril and the other 2 pauris are from different banis and not chronilogical order.

The difference is called shoti and vaddi rehraas sahib. At akal takhat they read the shoti rehraas sahib and during sant jarnail singh times, when taksal took over akaal takhat, singhs tried to do full/vaddi rehraas but santji stopped them from enforcing their views. 

Also u can google it, theres been huge debates abt it in the past on this and akj forums. 

7 hours ago, Not2Cool2Argue said:

No savaiya and arril is in morning chaupai sahib too.

The real reason is because of different maryada of taksal and akj.

Taksal is abt tradition so they read how they were taught and their santhiya teachers were taught going back.

Akj is all abt what makes sense. So they end at kharag pauri because the bani ends their and the savaiye and arril and the other 2 pauris are from different banis and not chronilogical order.

The difference is called shoti and vaddi rehraas sahib. At akal takhat they read the shoti rehraas sahib and during sant jarnail singh times, when taksal took over akaal takhat, singhs tried to do full/vaddi rehraas but santji stopped them from enforcing their views. 

Also u can google it, theres been huge debates abt it in the past on this and akj forums. 

From my experience, AKJ usually have a bit longer Rehraas than SGPC, but shorter than Taksal and Budha Dal.

The fact is the benti chaupai is still not completed properly even before getting to Arril. It's only a few lines including Kripa karee.. ਕ੍ਰਿਪਾ ਕਰੀ ਹਮ ਪਰ ਜਗਮਾਤਾ .

Seems some kind of mischief which some colonial era sikhs believed in and added into SGPC rehit maryada! I am pretty sure some groups and jathebandis were allergic to shabad such as Jagmata in colonial times. 

This is why Benti Chaupai is abruptly ended, without finishing a few more lines. I don't see any respect in this, it is some weird kind of paranoid beadbi.