Anyone know why when reciting Benti Chaupai some parts are missed out

Redoptics

21 hours ago, puzzled said:

I can read gurmuki and can read Punjabi newspapers and books but I'm not sure if I'm prounouncng the shabds properly. So I listen to videos and then repeat after while reading paath in gurmuki. 

So far I can properly read chaupai sahib and first 16 pauris of japji sahib 

I can read the rest As Well but I'm just cautious of pronouncing the shabds wrong. 

I really wanna learn jaap sahib and chandi di vaar too. 

There are santhiya videos online you can read along and pronounce the word properly.

I read a sakhi of where the singhs were reading bani in front of guru gobind singh ji and one of the singhs was pronouncing it wrong and guru ji said to the singh to be careful as he is bending guru jis limbs. 

I have heard that sakhi,  however the word that was pronounced wrong, ment something different to what the word actually ment, so yes we do have to be careful.  However you are learning so mistakes will happen.

• 1 year later...

Had to come back to this topic as it is literally one of the top results on Google, when searching for skipped lines about Benti Chaupai:

https://www.sikhnet.com/news/chaupai-sahib-broken-bani

Teja Singh Bhasauria was an employee of the British Government. He was given a School and funding to finance both the school and a printing press by the British. He intended to change Gurbani as directed to him by his British employees and his own ideas that were against the Hindu religion or any association to Hinduism in Gurbani. This has been recorded in history both by Prof sahib Singh, and by the fact that a Hukamnama ex-communicated him from the Akal Takht.

One of his associates Giani Kartar Singh Kalaswalia was the head Granthi of Sri Harimandir Sahib. It was during his term of seva that the Chaupai and Dohira were removed. Teja Singh's son Ran Singh, wrote Dasam Granth Nirney in 1919, in which he claims that another Bani starts after the 25th pauri - Dustt dokh tay layho bachaaee. This is untrue. This is the first reference to the short Chaupai Sahib. Before this time there has not been discovered any reference of anything but the full Chaupai Sahib.

The one thing that is very striking about this history is for the first time in Sikh history the Banis have been compromised. Until the British Raj, Sikhs had given their lives to preserve every word of the Siri Guru Granth Sahib and the Siri Dasam Granth. There are many Sikh issues today; lack of leadership, terrorism backlash, women's seva issues. Amongst all issues Sikhs could always go to the Shabad Guru knowing that it was exactly how the Gurus wrote it with Their own Hands. This is one thing that stands out about Choupai Sahib. Every Sikh knows the importance of the Shabad Guru being preserved. Guru Har Rai, who was so gentle that he couldn't even harm a flower, disowned his own son for changing one word of the Adi Granth. Now a full 2 pauris have been taken out of Sikh daily practice. There are ripe complaints amongst Sikhs that the overall Panth is not united, Sikh leaders are corrupt, Sikh youth are leaving their roots, etc. This could be because some of the fundamental practices have been compromised. Bana, Bani, Simran, Seva, and Shastar were given by Guru Gobind Singh so that Sikhs could have his blessing and his spirit against all odds. Now Bana is mostly out of practice and Bani has been shortened.

For the average practitioner, several Babas have made it clear that the Arril must be read. More than that, it is customary to read the Savaiye and Dohra to finish the Bani. Savaiye and Dohra are complete titles that are compiled onto Choupai from another part of the Sri Dasam Granth. This is similar to Rehiras where we have Shabads from different places in the Siri Guru Granth put together to make the Rehiras. Please note that we are not taking only parts of a complete section. The complete sections of Chaupai Sahib are as follows:

1) Kabiyo Bach Benti Chaupai
2) Arril and Chaupai (which follows Benti Chaupai as written in the Sri Dasam Granth. These short stanzas act as a conclusion to this Bani before the Zafarnama)
3) Savaiye and Dohra (compiled from an earlier section of Sri Dasam Granth)

Some modern day Sikhs refute the Sri Dasam Granth for its many references to Hindu mythology. This is surprising because the Siri Guru Granth Sahib has many references of the same. So why was it cut after the 25th pauri instead of any other place? It could be because the 26th pauri references 'Jag Mata' (Mother of the World) which could be confused as Hindu goddess worship. Whereas, Guru Ji is using the Mother analogy as one of the many aspects of God. At the end of Japji Sahib, Guruji refers to 'Mata Dharat' - Mother of the World. In this instance the Guru has decided to represent God through the feminine creative aspect.

It is said that the end and beginning have the most power in any given composition. The last 2 pauris of Chaupai Sahib contain a lot of power. The first 25 pauris are asking God's blessings, and the last 2 are very affirmative of owning the blessings. In the last line Guru Gobind Singh gives his guarantee to the reader:

[Man ba(n)chhat phal pavai soee. Dukh na tisai biaapat koee. (27)
He will obtain the fruit desired by the mind (who will read or listen to this book) and no suffering will occur to him. (27)]

Let us take the Guru's blessing by keeping the seal of the last 2 pauris and experience the power that it gives. 

On 5/4/2019 at 2:22 PM, puzzled said:

This one ?

246x0w.jpg

On 5/4/2019 at 2:22 PM, Redoptics said:

Yup, go to the cog  top right hand corner for settings. Under Bani options you can change the length.

I used to use that app, but I started using: 

Sundar Gutka (Damdami Taksal)

This app has choices of reading Taksali, Budha Dal and Hajoor Sahib versions of some banis.

On 6/11/2020 at 4:54 PM, ipledgeblue said:

Had to come back to this topic as it is literally one of the top results on Google, when searching for skipped lines about Benti Chaupai:

https://www.sikhnet.com/news/chaupai-sahib-broken-bani

I used to use that app, but I started using: 

Sundar Gutka (Damdami Taksal)

This app has choices of reading Taksali, Budha Dal and Hajoor Sahib versions of some banis.

Why am I not surprised the British are involved 

1 hour ago, Redoptics said:

Why am I not surprised the British are involved 

And again you see it's the notorious Bhasuaria teaming up with the British to destroy bani.

You will see in many places that Bhasauria has interfered and caused a lot of issues which are still prevalent in the sikh panth today!