Requesting Advice

illi

On 4/23/2019 at 6:42 PM, illi said:

Waheguru ji ka khalsa

Waheguru ji kee fateh!

Sangatji I need guidance on a issue I am facing in my life currently,  my younger brother as fallen into depression and get into very sad/angry mood and I fear the worst.

Is there anything I can do other than talk to him and get him professional advice from outside, I mostly rely on Bani and if someone can please help me out as in how I can help me by taking his dukh away using bani, it would be appreciate. 

Waheguru ji ka khalsa

Waheguru ji kee fateh!

ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕਾ ਖਾਲਸਾ ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕੀ ਫ਼ਤਹਿ

Veerji,

I was thinking about why people get depressed and then I thought about our history. The older Sikhs were in Chardi Kala and a lot still are. Bhai Mani Singh ji was in such Chardi Kala and as a result he was willing to get fingers chopped first instead of his wrist. Bhai Taru Singh ji willing to get his scalp taken off to keep this precious Kesh we have been blessed with. I think you should tell your brother these Sakhis. They are so inspirational and show how Chardi Kala the Sikhs are and never depressed. He will want to know why they were so brave and in bliss and then you can tell him about Gurbani and its greatness. That will be the start to his faith.

Listening and reading to Sukhmani Sahib, Nitnem and Other Paath and Katha will help too.

Books of Gurmukh Pyare will help too like Se Kinehya about Sant Baba Harnaam Singh ji's great life. Ask him to read it with a soft heart and it will touch him.

Remember Ardas is the greatest Shakti (power) we have and if you do an Ardas with love for Maharaj, he will surely help if he wills it.

If he can't understand Punjabi, Ask him to start watching Basics of Sikhi and also tell him that we can experience Vaheguru ji and can know that he is real.

ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕਾ ਖਾਲਸਾ ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕੀ ਫ਼ਤਹਿ

On 4/23/2019 at 10:42 AM, illi said:

Waheguru ji ka khalsa

Waheguru ji kee fateh!

Sangatji I need guidance on a issue I am facing in my life currently,  my younger brother as fallen into depression and get into very sad/angry mood and I fear the worst.

Is there anything I can do other than talk to him and get him professional advice from outside, I mostly rely on Bani and if someone can please help me out as in how I can help me by taking his dukh away using bani, it would be appreciate. 

Waheguru ji ka khalsa

Waheguru ji kee fateh!

Do try to get him to go to the doctor. And maybe u can get antidepressants. Also.change of environment or getting him a new hobby/job. Most kids these days have no purpose,.which makes them feel depressed. Does he have any friends? 

On 4/23/2019 at 6:42 PM, illi said:

Waheguru ji ka khalsa

Waheguru ji kee fateh!

Waheguru ji ka khalsa

Waheguru ji kee fateh!

You have to somehow get at the root causes of his depression. Why does he feel like he does? 

Guest guest

hi

encourage him to eat small amount of almonds daily (boosts serotonin and dopamine).  eating too much is bad- should eat just a small amount daily.

also- leafy greens,

zuchini/courgette is also good and also black raisins (not too many- they are high in sugar).

make sure he gets enough sunlight daily (vit d).  i don't recommend supplements unless your doc advises.

ask him to avoid fermented foods- pickles etc.  

above is all from ayurveda.

exercise also boosts serotonin/dopamine.  any light exercise is ok.

ask him to exercise his brain also- some kind of hobby like playing cards, computer game (ones that make you think, not violent ones) or playing a musical instrument (even simple one like  a drum).