Disgusting dreams after simran

Guest Singh

Guest Singh

Whenever I do simran before going to bed even for like just 5 minutes I have the most disturbing and disgusting dreams which makes me feel horrible when I wake up in the morning. It happened to me a couple of weeks before when I did around half an hour of simran then I had a very unpleasant dream then it really put me off simran, then I did it last night and it happened again. How can I stop this please help me sangat ji. I don’t wish to reveal the dream as it’s so shameful and disturbing I don’t understand why this is happening. It only happens after simran not after reading bani. 

Please help. 

Guest Singh

You are blessed.

Many great Saints have mentioned that those blessed with the nam have their bad "karams" washed away in their dreams rather than dealing with them in their conscious state. 

Continue doing simran and don't worry about these things. Waheguru has blessed you. 

Guest Singh

I wouldn't be afraid, bad thoughts during simran are said to be the dirt of the mind going away according to sikh scholars such as Maskeen ji and Giani Thakur singh. If the problem persits you should probably contact an abhyiaasi Singh or Sant Mahapursh.

Guest Keep going

Don’t give up the simran. Give it time, it means simran is cleansing the subconscious mind of past karams.

(p.s make sure to read kirtan sohila before sleep)

Guest jigsaw_puzzled_singh
On 4/27/2019 at 9:20 PM, Guest Singh said:

I wouldn't be afraid, bad thoughts during simran are said to be the dirt of the mind going away according to sikh scholars such as Maskeen ji and Giani Thakur singh. If the problem persits you should probably contact an abhyiaasi Singh or Sant Mahapursh.

Is this Gurbani ?  or is it just the opinions of Maskeen and Giani Thakur Singh ?

Guest guest

1. there may be no link between them, it may just seem that way.  or to put it another way, what if i told you i felt like the flu every time i had some work to do?  now is the work *causing* 'the flu' feeling, or some other underlying issue?

2. it's just a dream.  so why are you so disturbed?  readjust your philosophy that dreams are to be taken seriously, rather than give up simran.  (when you do simran, you learn about yourself and your mind and its flaws).

3. some child may think there are monsters under its bed.  but you know they are just imaginations, and even though the child gets scared you don't take their fears seriously, right?

4. you need to look beyond the dreams.  think of it this way- God is good and almighty, by doing simran I am serving Him and waking up to my connection to Him, so why should I be disturbed by a dream?