Women dressing more provocatively

Big_Tera

Has anyone noticed how women are dressing more and more provocatively these days? ie extremely tight fitting clothing which shows the boobs and rear. Ie they may aswell be wearing anything at all, as you can see the shape through the clothing. I am not just talking about asian girls or white girls. I am talking about girls from all races and religions. 

Now what is making women wear these extremely provocative and sexualised clothing?  Why do they degrade themselves like this for men to leer over them?? But on the other hand should women be allowed to wear what they want and it be none of our business? 

Things Ive noticed

Extremely tightly fitting jeans showing the rear. I mean common. I dont want to see someones a$$ when I am walking down the road to get a pint a milk and see someones rear bouncing side to side. 

What is making young girls think its a good idea to dress like this? Is it beyonce and the modern media of music and films ect. That makes girls want to sexualise themselves which I think is compley wrong and abhorrent yet in todays society it has become the norm. 

12 minutes ago, puzzled said:

What's confusing is when some of them wear revealing clothes and then complain when men look,  are they dumb? 

Revealing clothes catch every mans eye, it's just the way men are wired.

I slightly disagree with this statement. As a Sikh I don't walk around staring at females because I believe I also have a responsibility to practice a certain degree of decorum for my own sake. If women dress provocatively or in a way that leaves little to the imagination, I can choose not to look. But just because I don't stare and salivate, that doesn't mean others follow suit. I don't walk around with my eyes closed; it's impossible to make your way in the outside world without seeing certain sights you don't want to see. 

On 4/26/2019 at 8:29 PM, MisterrSingh said:

I slightly disagree with this statement. As a Sikh I don't walk around staring at females because I believe I also have a responsibility to practice a certain degree of decorum for my own sake. If women dress provocatively or in a way that leaves little to the imagination, I can choose not to look. But just because I don't stare and salivate, that doesn't mean others follow suit. I don't walk around with my eyes closed; it's impossible to make your way in the outside world without seeing certain sights you don't want to see. 

Well if I'm being honest  everytime I walk past a female I don't look or I lower my gaze, if i see a female wearing very revealing clothes I do not look but sometimes i just end up having a look!  Sometimes you look without even thinking,  it just happens!  I'll be like don't look don't look  but sometimes i just end up looking. 

But yeah most the time I either keep looking straight or lower my gaze. 

32 minutes ago, puzzled said:

Well if I'm being honest  everytime I walk past a female I don't look or I lower my gaze, if i see a female wearing very revealing clothes I do not look but sometimes i just end up having a look!  Sometimes you look without even thinking,  it just happens!  I'll be like don't look don't look  but sometimes i just end up looking. 

But yeah most the time I either keep looking straight or lower my gaze. 

You lower your gaze like a muslim? Interesting terminology you use. Sounds like what a sulah would say. 

12 minutes ago, Big_Tera said:

You lower your gaze like a muslim? Interesting terminology you use. Sounds like what a sulah would say. 

From sant Harnam singhs biography "se kinehya ?"

THE WILLPOWER OF BABA JI

Baba Ji used to mention that during the years he spent serving sadhu Santokh Das in his village, one day he casually told Baba Ji that,

"When a youth steps into manhood, he should lower his gaze, as a mark of humility. For those who do not, are often deceived by what they see."

The sadhu's words became engraved on Baba Ji's heart.

When Baba Ji was returning home that day, a young lady was turning the corner into the street. Upon seeing Baba Ji, this young lady pulled her veil over her face, as was the custom in those days (as a measure of modesty young women would cover themselves in front of men). Baba Ji thought, "This woman covered her face in my presence because she considers me to be grown up. I must therefore behave like an elder andlower my gaze."

The next day, when Baba Ji was going towards the fields to work, a respectable elder from the village saw him passing and called out to Baba Ji. On calling him over he said, "Harnam Singh, I need to advise you on a matter. Do not take it wrongly." Baba Ji replied very politely, "Bapu Ji, please say what you must without hesitation, I trust it will be for my benefit only." The old gentleman said, "Man's youth is like a flooded river of emotions. If one loses their foothold in the water, you are carried with the water and only good fortune of your destiny can save you. You are deeply religious, even in your youth. Be vigilant of the mind and careful of your emotions. Do not look upon anyone with vanity or lust. That's all! This alone is the way to save yourself from misdeeds.

"This advice from the elder reinforced Baba Ji's earlier conviction. Miraculously, the old man's words sank deeply and firmly into his being. This incident gave Baba Ji such great fortitude and willpower that, for the 34 years he lived amongst his family and the village, he never looked upon another woman with bad intentions. He would go about his daily work, in and around his house with his gaze lowered, in respect and humility. As a result, of this thinking, lustful thoughts would never arise in his mind or cloud his conscience. Except for his mother, Baba Ji would avoid trivial chitchat with other women. Thus, in his behaviour, he fulfilled the words of Bhagat Namdev Ji…

"He who forsakes another's wealth

He who forsakes another's woman

Near him alone does

God (the man lion) abide"

par Dhan par daaraa parharee.

taa kai nikat basai narharee

(Bhagat Namdev Ji, page 1163)

"He whose eyes gaze not

Upon the beauty of another's wife

Who serves the holy Saints lovingly"

taa kai nikat basai narharee

saaDh kee tahal satsang hayt.

(Gauri Sukhmani 5th Guru, page 274)

These lines of Gurbani became the pillars of Baba Ji's chastity.

He did not feel any temptation from desires, in attaining spiritual heights. He believed that the eyes play a major role in making our mind wander outside. Whatever a man sees with his eyes, is received by the mind and under the attraction of materialistic things, the mind then wanders outwardly. The more we try to control this extrovert nature of the mind, the quicker we'll be able to concentrate our mind on meditation. All spiritual achievements are proportional to the concentration of our mind.It is essential that the mind be controlled, by restraining the eyes.