Women dressing more provocatively

Big_Tera

56 minutes ago, puzzled said:

Well if I'm being honest  everytime I walk past a female I don't look or I lower my gaze, if i see a female wearing very revealing clothes I do not look but sometimes i just end up having a look!  Sometimes you look without even thinking,  it just happens!  I'll be like don't look don't look  but sometimes i just end up looking. 

But yeah most the time I either keep looking straight or lower my gaze. 

I agree.

Sometimes they do pop up out of nowhere. ?

35 minutes ago, Big_Tera said:

You lower your gaze like a muslim? Interesting terminology you use. Sounds like what a sulah would say. 

If you observe the behaviour of many old punjabi men  you will notice that when they walk past women they look at the ground. My nana in punjab used to do that. 

Your quite basic and one dimensional when it comes to sikhi and probably can't comprehend the idea of lowering your gaze or why sikhs do that,  but it's something that a sikh man is supposed to do to avoid looking at a woman lustfully.  Read bani and you'll eventually come cross these teachings 

1 reason is that its like an arms race. As women try to outdo each other. So each has to dress more and more crazier to stand out.

Same with makeup, if a women doesnt wesr makeup, she will look the ugliest. So just to keep up with the beauty standard. 

Another reason could be that, people are becoming desensitized to the amt of skin being seen. And it doesnt seem bad to them

Also it seems so true that sharam and dharam has totally disappeared from the west. Even our youth are becoming the same. Some of the pda shown in marriage pics is so cringy. And the extra makeup vs the ghund of the past. 

They say u need sharam for dharam to exist.

5 hours ago, Ranjeet01 said:

These types love the attention. 

Attention is the currency of women.

They complain about what they consider lower value men leering at them. If it was someone like The Rock or someone of that stature, they would have no complaints. 

If anything these women flaunt what they have to other women much more than men.

Watch women how they observe other women.

It is much more telling.

Yeah true  women actually dress up mostly for other women. It's interesting how men are being blamed for sexualizing women when most women do it for other women, they do it to compete.

A girl once told me that   she said most girl only do makeup and hair because of other girls.

All those insta-w0res take those pics to compete with other women.

But some do it for attention from guys too  iv noticed.  Sometimes when your walking and one is walking past you. Yeah I'm stupid enough to look sometimes but I catch them quickly looking to see if I'm looking  haha!  Kinda awkward when it happens   but yeah  .. 

But most women do it to compete with other women. Women are a women's biggest enemy,  some  actually bring other women down more than men do. Yet men still get blamed. 

6 minutes ago, puzzled said:

Yeah true  women actually dress up mostly for other women. It's interesting how men are being blamed for sexualizing women when most women do it for other women, they do it to compete.

A girl once told me that   she said most girl only do makeup and hair because of other girls.

All those insta-w0res take those pics to compete with other women.

But some do it for attention from guys too  iv noticed.  Sometimes when your walking and one is walking past you. Yeah I'm stupid enough to look sometimes but I catch them quickly looking to see if I'm looking  haha!  Kinda awkward when it happens   but yeah  .. 

But most women do it to compete with other women. Women are a women's biggest enemy,  some  actually bring other women down more than men do. Yet men still get blamed. 

The social media phenomenon of instagram is quite dangerous because those type of people who post selfies become quite addicted to the number of likes they get.

It can inflate the ego no end.

The worst places that one can see the scanty clothing in action  is in gyms. Some of these girls make their way to the free weight section to be in between the muscle meat heads for attention. 

2 hours ago, imhosingh said:

I see plenty of men in tight t shirts, showing off their dhid (belly), wearing jeans that are too tight for their backsides, revealing a bit too much. Do you think that also distracts women? Ah let's not mention the guys wearing tight tops to show off their 'guns'. 

Two wrongs dont make a right. With that reasoning men who drink to much and behave badly should also be copied by women? 

If men can do it why cant women? Its so unfair for women. Why cant they do what men do. Why cant women get p1ssed on the weekend just like men. 

If men take drugs . Why cant women take drugs? Why do women have to be all innocent while men can do all the good things??

On 4/26/2019 at 6:54 PM, Prabh108 said:

Since they are unmarried, they have no one for whom to dress in a beautiful manner - so they compensate by displaying themselves to all.

Plus the fashion selection in today's world leaves a lot to be desired - poorly designed ill-fitting clothes in garish synthetic dyes and fabrics makes shopping tough.

Everything looks good on someone fit - it's only when one is unfit is finding proper garments difficult.

Anyway, why should you care what anyone is wearing? Be immersed in Naam, no matter what.

Bani-bana - body itself is a clothing "karmi avai kapra nadir mokh duar" - too many obese diseased members of the Panth today - there is a Fit India Initiative - we need something similar for our Panth. Fit sant-sipahi ought to be part of our ideals.

The only way to resolve this problem is by setting a good example - dress well - monkey see monkey do - people tend to copy each other so set a good example.

With that logic, why care about anything that anyone else does? If someone sleeps around why care. If someone takes drugs. why care If someone degrades themselves wearing skimpy clothing why care at all? Why not just care about ourselves and not care about other people are doing that could be potentially harmful. 

ie why care about people who take drugs and abuse them themselves.  Because it has a knock on effect in society. It increases crime in our society which affects everyone eventually. Why care about isis is doing? It has nothing to do with us? nope. Because eventually the problem of isis will affect us someday and already has ie sri lanka and India. 

Life aint all about thinking about number one and to hell with what everyone else does. We in society need to speak out about wrongful and immoral behavior. If the media and such fourth is influencing girls to sexualise themselves with revealing clothing then we need to speak up about it and do something. It is about caring about all the people in our society. That is what Sikhi teaches to care for all not just yourself and help make the world a better place to live. 

On 4/26/2019 at 6:44 PM, MisterrSingh said:

You'll be accused of being a perv for having eyes, in an attempt to belittle your valid observations.

Well I am just saying how it is. What do you expect me to do walk with eyes covered and never look. Also its not just about me. I am not one to look at a girl wearing skimpy clothing. But I see many others who do it. So its not a good thing. We need good moral standards in society. I am not saying lets get women covered up head to toe like muslims say. But their should be a degree of modesty and decent dress sence.