How do i stop wanting attention?

23 hours ago, NonExistant said:

I keep wanting attention like an attention seeker and am obsessed with it. 

How do i stop?

Maybe therapy? Try journaling to see why u need attention. 

I hate attention, I love being an observor and gettig other ppl to open up and talk abt themselves. Maybe i can tell u wat i get out of it.

Stay quiet, and just listen to ppl, sometimes u can predict what they will say or do next. Its pretty cool.

Otherwise see if theyre body language matches what they are saying. 

People watching is more fun in a crowd with strangers, u can make stories about them. 

Also once u get attention, notice how u feel. Happy? And why?

Just notice how u feel. Start observing urself. Dont judge. Dont try to stop urself for 2 days. Just botice wat u do and how it makes u feel. 

People say when u start noticing and paying attention, u realize wat the root cause is. And it helps breaks bad habits and addictions.

At first, u will notice after u already did something to get attwntion. But if u keep at it, u will start to notice before u do any action. And then u will ntoce when the thought e ters ur head to get attention. Then u have to work on defeating that thought. Sometimes u will lose, dont get sad or mad at urself. Just  notice it and why it happened. And say next time, i will beat it.

It will work. I used to have intense anger problems. Where when i wohld try to control my anger, it would build up and just explode and i would lash out.  Now im more relaxed. 

Also remember to do ardaas, every time u fail, do ardaas. And each time u di sarshan of guruji, do beanti. 

Guest jigsaw_puzzled_singh
On 5/2/2019 at 9:15 AM, NonExistant said:

I keep wanting attention like an attention seeker and am obsessed with it. 

How do i stop?

You could start by not starting threads drawing attention to yourself.

34 minutes ago, Wicked Warrior said:

Attention seeking is part of the ego. "I want everyone to pay attention to me", "hey look at me", "me, me, me". It is all ego. If you can control your ego, the attention seeking will subside.

Paath, kirtan, seva and simran. These tools will help eradicate the ego.

I would also say stop seeking outwards, start seeking inwards.