Jump to content
Guest

Questionable artwork being done in name of renovation on walls of Harmandar sahib, Amritsar.

Recommended Posts

Guest

The issue of images of buddhist deities and logos appearing on the walls of Gurdwara Patthar sahib , Leh hadn't cooled down yet, and a new , far more dangerous propaganda seem to be brewing again.

This time its directed at the very religio-political nucleus of Sikhism, Sri Harmandar sahib, Amritsar.

darbar-sahib_0

These look like images of hindu/buddhist deities . To blend in Harmandar sahib artwork , some images have 'satnam' written on them. Interesting point is SGPC chose to put this crrapp instead of repainting the old worn-out artwork. What a shame ! Sikhs are being taken for a ride like anything.

The idea of the enemy is to sow seeds of non-sikh elements today that will serve as seeds for claiming Harmandar sahib at a point in future , as  is the ultimate agenda of certain elements you know, I need not mention their names. To claim Harmandar sahib as a hindu temple and thereby destroy Sikhi forever. 

Future generations of Sikh will be psychologically forced to respect these new paintings since they're not part of harmandar sahib and thereby erasing or destroying them would be tantamount to desecrating harmandar sahib. But new generations of sikhs can also easily be lied to believe these paintings of deities were ALWAYS THERE , and thus sikhs were always hindu anyways . 

source : https://www.sikh24.com/2016/10/17/sgpc-remains-silent-over-questionable-artwork-at-sri-harmandir-sahib/#.XM0xjugzbIU

 

PS : Just want to add to you, the Mahabodhi temple complex , one of the most sacred and historical places in Bihar , related directly to buddha is not being given to Buddhist community for maintenance despite their repeated requests and is being governed by hindu mahants. It should also not be forgotten Buddhism was driven forcefully out of india where it grew abundantly , but in its home country india it is regarded as a sect of hinduism. 

The idea of forces inimical to Sikhism could be to first convert harmandar sahib into a buddhist complex , hand it over to buddhist and then gradually the people pulling the strings secretly from the dark appear and actually claim it from the buddhists , as they have in the past 

Edited by Guest

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

It just seems to be going around in circles. 

First SGPC objected to and demolished or destroyed a lot of Indic artwork in Sikh complexes due to the suggestion that this made SIkhs into 'Hindus' somehow (a notion introduced to them by the brits), now they've introduced Buddhist art.

What the heck...??!?!?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You were incredulous at the thought of Sri Guru Granth Sahib being gradually, barely perceptibly altered over the decades. A word deliberately replaced, moved, or even erased; its order changed in order to transform the greater context of a sentence, etc., and this artwork is a fine example of exactly what I was alluding to. 

I think Sikhi has fallen to Freemasonry, lol. The attack on Harmandir Sahib in 1984 was most likely the decisive battle. Sad but true.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They removed paintings of hindu deities from tarn taran sahib, while at harmandir sahib they painted hindu figures over gurbani  LMAO  these pench0ds are confused af   no wonder the current state of the panth 

 

Frescos of Hindu gods whitewashed
Tribune News Service

Tarn Taran, July 26
Wall paintings of Hindu gods including Lord Rama and Lord Krishna, which were unique specimens of Sikh school of art, have disappeared from the upper storey of Sri Darbar Sahib here founded by fifth Sikh Guru, Guru Arjan Dev in 1597 A.D.

It is learnt that the frescos of Hindu gods were erased during the ‘kar seva’ being carried out by Baba Jagtar Singh at the behest of the Shiromani Gurdwara Prabandhak Committee.

The frescos were unique specimens of Sikh school of art, completed in the year1824, during the regime of Maharaja Ranjit Singh. According to Sikh history, Maharaja Ranjit Singh got the gold-plating and interior decoration of the Darbar Sahib completed by taking personal interest.

However, Baba Amrik Singh, in charge of the ‘kar seva’ feigned ignorance about the existence of the wall paintings of Hindu gods, he claimed there was not even a single painting of Hindu Gods when the SGPC had handed over the ‘kar seva’ to Baba Jagtar Singh in 2000. He said the interior decoration of the upper storey including the wall paintings were badly damaged due to seepage. However, rest of the paintings which were visible at the time of ‘kar seva’ could be preserved after taking lot of painstaking efforts. When asked that the history had record of the paintings of Hindu Lords in the upper storey of Darbar Sahib, Baba Amrik Singh hastened to add that, “it was practically difficult to revive those paintings which were beyond recognition”.

Now all the 16 paintings which were revived by using the similar style and colours that of the time of Maharaja Ranjit Singh, belong to Sikh Guru, Sikh warriors and religious leaders including Baba Deep Singh, Bhai Mani Singh, Bhai Ghanaiya, Baba Budhaji. The first head granthi of the Golden Temple (Amritsar) and four ‘Sahibzadas’ (sons of Guru Gobind Singh) and Bhai Gurdass. Some of the paintings depict Guru Nanak Devji flanked by Bhai Bala and Bhai Mardana.

Though the ‘kar seva’ of the paintings has been completed yet the upper storey has not been open to the devotees.

Mr Jaswant Singh, an artist of ‘Dera Baba Jagtar Singh, Kar Seva’ claimed that the specified colours were used to complete the art work. He claimed that the paintings would last long as efforts had been made to stop seepage of the upper storey

 

ind1.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't these fckers have anything better to do?  Than just messing around with things ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest AjeetSinghPunjabi
22 hours ago, dallysingh101 said:

It just seems to be going around in circles. 

First SGPC objected to and demolished or destroyed a lot of Indic artwork in Sikh complexes due to the suggestion that this made SIkhs into 'Hindus' somehow (a notion introduced to them by the brits), now they've introduced Buddhist art.

What the heck...??!?!?

The bigger question is "What the heck were the images of hindu gods doing on the upper walls of Gurudwara in the first place" 

the fact that were drawn on the upper side of walls indicate they were consider sacred and thus intended not to be touch by impure hands or otherwise dirt. WHY WHY WHY ???

If Singh Sabha surely didn't rescue Sikhi in the 1920s , we would have surely been a sect of hindu today, nothing more. 

But the question still remains unanswered what were iconography of hindu deities are doing in a sikh shrine ? or were hindu nationalists right all along that Sikhi was a part and parcel of hinduism until the prankster Singh sabha came along 

Edited by AjeetSinghPunjabi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest AjeetSinghPunjabi
21 hours ago, MisterrSingh said:

You were incredulous at the thought of Sri Guru Granth Sahib being gradually, barely perceptibly altered over the decades. A word deliberately replaced, moved, or even erased; its order changed in order to transform the greater context of a sentence, etc., and this artwork is a fine example of exactly what I was alluding to. 

I think Sikhi has fallen to Freemasonry, lol. The attack on Harmandir Sahib in 1984 was most likely the decisive battle. Sad but true.

As much as one would imagine dark days for sikhism in future in the current course of things, I am unwilling to believe that the creator of this universe who deliberately spoke through the gurus and created khalsa panth so as to bring to closure the drama of millenia of religious confusion WOULD let his last bet go in the hands of people who conspire such games. Isn't sikhi the last bet of humanity for emancipation . You could call me a mystic lol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest AjeetSinghPunjabi

I sometimes suspect Maharaja Ranjit singh was already hinduized under the influence of Brahmins. No wonder his wife committed sati . 

What a shame ! 

well played brahmins, well played.

I tell you during my own wedding in punjab just 5-6 months back , the brahmin lady of the pind was in the forefront of doing some silly rituals which had NOTHING to do with sikhi AT ALL. like pouring water and grass or something like that crrap . Punjabi Sikhs are a nut case. Brahmins are involved in their weddings . No wonder baahmans laugh when u call urself a separate religion. 

Edited by AjeetSinghPunjabi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AjeetSinghPunjabi said:

As much as one would imagine dark days for sikhism in future in the current course of things, I am unwilling to believe that the creator of this universe who deliberately spoke through the gurus and created khalsa panth so as to bring to closure the drama of millenia of religious confusion WOULD let his last bet go in the hands of people who conspire such games. Isn't sikhi the last bet of humanity for emancipation . You could call me a mystic lol 

You place too much trust in these so-called custodians of our religion and our history. 

We need an independent group of scholars to regularly inspect and verify the printing plates that are used to produce birs at the printing press in Amritsar. I assume there's only one site that's used for such a purpose? When most lay people are virtually illiterate when it comes to content and structure of Sikh scriptures (particularly in the West), do you think if a suspect batch of birs were printed and distributed overseas, your average Joe in the sangat would audibly detect a subtle discrepancy? A handful of deliberate edits per year for 50 years, and you'd eventually transform the meaning of a religion over that course of time. Call me paranoid, but that's how you destroy a people and their beliefs without firing a bullet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest AjeetSinghPunjabi
6 minutes ago, MisterrSingh said:

 You place too much trust in these so-called custodians of our religion and our history. 

 We need an independent group of scholars to regularly inspect and verify the printing plates that are used to produce birs at the printing press in Amritsar. I assume there's only one site that's used for such a purpose? When most lay people are virtually illiterate when it comes to content and structure of Sikh scriptures (particularly in the West), do you think if a suspect batch of birs were printed and distributed overseas, your average Joe in the sangat would audibly detect a subtle discrepancy? A handful of deliberate edits per year for 50 years, and you'd eventually transform the meaning of a religion over that course of time. Call me paranoid, but that's how you destroy a people and their beliefs without firing a bullet.

No Sir, I wouldn't call you paranoid based on all I have seen so far. Based on the scheming of things at a very subtle level for atleast a few decades now, and how the enemy changes color like a chameleon I would think your suggestion is very true.

Imagine two versions of copy of guru granth sahib doing circulations. That would be far far more tragic than op.bluestar. Infact it has already happened here https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/Private-printing-of-Guru-Granth-Sahib-birs-sparks-row/articleshow/9120082.cms

 

On a side note, I am now thinking of buying 2 senchi-set of SGGS and keep at my own home . Can't trust anyone thesedays. Atleast I will have a safe reference for me and everyone else incase it gets really bad in the outside world. 

A tree cut from its branches does survive, but not when its cut at from its roots.  I have already heard from Sikhs before that RSS has its own printing press of SGGS somewhere in india and there they tweak lagha-maatras of gurmukhi to change the meaning of gurbani for their own agenda. A monah guy we met in  train whose affiliations to sikhi were doubtful said : "there's some changes found in printed gurbanis nowadays"

The question is Who would form such a group of scholars to inspect SGGS on regular basis. Who can we trust enough ? 

PS : 

In the same article I have shared above, an user Preetam Kaur has said how saroops were stolen from historical gurudwaras at behest of RSS : 

A few weeks ago, the Sri Guru Granth Sahib saroop containing the original writing of Guru Gobind Singhji, and which said saroop had a bullet placed in it during operation bluestar, was removed and taken away by the RSS President. It was taken by someone from Damdama Sahib guruduara. When Sikh Channel went to do darshan and gather the news, they were told to do ishnaan (bathe) before they could see the Granth Sahib. Upon their returning to do darshan, after ishnaan, they observed it being taken by the RSS President. They also expressed their intention of removing the other saroops while they drove off.

A few weeks later, we see this change of scenery on Sri Harmendar Saheb’s walls. That do being done silently. Sri Harmendar Sahib belongs to the sikh congregation, locally and worldwide. This is cultural theft being committed by those authorizing the work. Kar Sewa, or any other pretext, does not matter. This is theft of the Sikh culture and heritage. While all countries have rules and regulations to preserve their culture, and are vigilently protecting it, an application should be made to the local courts for an injunction to remedy this situation. This act of painting photographs that are contrary to the teachings of Sri Guru Granth Sahib, is an attack on the local and international Sikh population aimed at destroying the fabric of Sikhism. What next?. THIS SHOULD BE STOPPED IMMEDIATELY.

Could this also explain why desecrations of SGGS are on the rise in Punjab ?? surely the only way to bring circulations of corrupt birs would be to burn away proper , existing ones. This makes sense actually ! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, AjeetSinghPunjabi said:

If Singh Sabha surely didn't rescue Sikhi in the 1920s , we would have surely been a sect of hindu today, nothing more

I agree that singh sabha saved sikhi from becoming a hindu sect. After khalsa raj fell the mahants took over the gurdware and introduced a lot of anti gurmat stuff.  Even darbar sahib had murtis inside it and the parkarma had mandirs. The parkarma at harmandir sahib even had a cow ashram!  This lasted decades nd many anti gurmat stuff entered daily sikh practices. So singh sabha removed all this stuff but it was a struggle.

But in the process of cleansing sikhi from this stuff I think they became a bit too anti Hinduism. It's during this period dasam granth sahib started disappearing from gurdware. Iv read that bhai vir singh even edited suraj praksh and removed all the hindu mythological stuff and put it at the back of the scripture in the index section. 

Around that time the tensions between Hindus and Muslims was already high and Hindus were quick to make sikhi, Buddhism and other beliefs sound like they were a part of hindu dharam. Hindu writers and journalists were making sikhs and our gurus sound like desh bhakts 

Singh sabha was a product of its time.

They definitely saved sikhi from sinking into Hinduism but a long the line they became anti Hinduism and it affected some of our practices. 

It's a shame singh sabha later got taken over by greedy corrupt people 

It's facinating though 

Edited by puzzled

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No printed Saroop/Senchi/Gutka is shudh. Scholars have done decades of research that is currently being kept gupt due to the state of the Panth.

Read this comment by Singh Fauja if anyone want's a top of the iceberg explanation.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, puzzled said:

I agree that singh sabha saved sikhi from becoming a hindu sect. After khalsa raj fell the mahants took over the gurdware and introduced a lot of anti gurmat stuff.  Even darbar sahib had murtis inside it and the parkarma had mandirs. The parkarma at harmandir sahib even had a cow ashram!  This lasted decades nd many anti gurmat stuff entered daily sikh practices. So singh sabha removed all this stuff but it was a struggle.

But in the process of cleansing sikhi from this stuff I think they became a bit too anti Hinduism. It's during this period dasam granth sahib started disappearing from gurdware. Iv read that bhai vir singh even edited suraj praksh and removed all the hindu mythological stuff and put it at the back of the scripture in the index section. 

Around that time the tensions between Hindus and Muslims was already high and Hindus were quick to make sikhi, Buddhism and other beliefs sound like they were a part of hindu dharam. Hindu writers and journalists were making sikhs and our gurus sound like desh bhakts 

Singh sabha was a product of its time.

They definitely saved sikhi from sinking into Hinduism but a long the line they became anti Hinduism and it affected some of our practices. 

It's a shame singh sabha later got taken over by greedy corrupt people 

It's facinating though 

No matter what is brought at a time and how well intentioned it was, it can eventually bring greed and corruption.

The Mahants corrupted things by bringing Murtis and Hindu practices,  only for the Singh Sabha to cleanse and swing across the other side of the pendulum. 

There must be a balance struck in between.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ranjeet01 said:

No matter what is brought at a time and how well intentioned it was, it can eventually bring greed and corruption.

The Mahants corrupted things by bringing Murtis and Hindu practices,  only for the Singh Sabha to cleanse and swing across the other side of the pendulum. 

There must be a balance struck in between.

Same can be said about the men of the sikh raj    

Great men and warriors   did a lot for the security of the panth   but they too eventually became greedy 

And then look at how it crumbled 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×

Important Information

Terms of Use