who is this guy - sikh priest

Guest someone

If guru sahib is enough for these people then they would simply have their wedding at the gurdwara.   In the old days in India they used to bring guru sahib to the brides house and get married there.

But these days it's not about guru ji is it, If it was then there would be no need for beaches, hotels and flashy outfits, decoration.

Sad really  but what can you do?  When even the authorities don't care and are busy making money. 

From a simple wedding in the house to destination weddings at beaches and hotels,   it's scary to think what's nxt 

9 minutes ago, puzzled said:

I bet there's a growing minority among western Sikh brides who privately wish they were born Hindu just so they can perform the garland around the neck ritual for the wedding video and photographs, lol. "Curse my Sikh mum and dad!" I bet there's a few who dream of the Muslim marriage rite of, "Qabool hai" that's been pushed by Bollywood. Apne are slaves to trends and outside forces. 

2 hours ago, MisterrSingh said:

I bet there's a growing minority among western Sikh brides who privately wish they were born Hindu just so they can perform the garland around the neck ritual for the wedding video and photographs, lol. "Curse my Sikh mum and dad!" I bet there's a few who dream of the Muslim marriage rite of, "Qabool hai" that's been pushed by Bollywood. Apne are slaves to trends and outside forces. 

Iv actualy seen vids of sikh weddings where they shower the couple with petals as they do their phere,  that's Bollywood/hindu.  

I don't go to sikh weddings because I know they will wind me up. When my parents come back from weddings and I ask them how it was they say how the couple were talking throughout the whole anand karaj, laughing while doing their phere etc   

I mean do what you want at the reception but at least behave in the gurdwara. 

I know a Punjabi lady who recently went to a gujji/punjabi anand karaj and she said the couple were talking and laughing throughout the whole ceromny, the gujaratis in the sangat were talking and had no idea what was going on, they all were lost.    

She said no gurdwara let them have anand karaj so they went to a ravidaas gurdwara and did it there 

This what a lot of interfaith sikh couples are now doing, they go to the ravidaas gurdwara types and get married there. 

28 minutes ago, puzzled said:

Iv actualy seen vids of sikh weddings where they shower the couple with petals as they do their phere,  that's Bollywood/hindu.  

I don't go to sikh weddings because I know they will wind me up. When my parents come back from weddings and I ask them how it was they say how the couple were talking throughout the whole anand karaj, laughing while doing their phere etc   

I mean do what you want at the reception but at least behave in the gurdwara. 

I know a Punjabi lady who recently went to a gujji/punjabi anand karaj and she said the couple were talking and laughing throughout the whole ceromny, the gujaratis in the sangat were talking and had no idea what was going on, they all were lost.    

She said no gurdwara let them have anand karaj so they went to a ravidaas gurdwara and did it there 

This what a lot of interfaith sikh couples are now doing, they go to the ravidaas gurdwara types and get married there. 

Argh, you're winding me up just by telling me about this nonsense. I went to a Sikh Anand Karaj a few years ago after around 11 years of not attending one, and I could not believe what I was seeing and hearing. It was a most irreligious spectacle. Nattering and full blown conversation as if people were in the langar hall. Absolutely no respect for the occasion or a sense of spirituality. It broke my heart, and at the time I felt a strange sense of dread for what lay in store for us as a people in the coming years and decades.

22 minutes ago, Ranjeet01 said:

I don't understand why these types don't  just have a  registry wedding.

If they want petals and garlands and dress up them they can.

About 2 years back when I was walking to the gurdwara this guy who was the groom walked out at the end of his anad karaj, his pagh was thrown over his shoulders and as he stepped out of the gurdwara gates the first thing he said was the F word out of relief!  Someone like that should not be having anand karaj. 

Every Sunday we have a wedding at the gurdwara, you should see the state some of these people are in. 

Tbh I think in some cases it's the mothers. Some people don't want a anand karaj but their mothers start wailing and weeping. I don't exactly come from a religious family and some of my cousins didn't want anand karaj but their mothers started behaving like tragic heroines. One of my cousins didn't want anand karaj but just wanted a registry marriage but his mother and the aunties said that he has to have anand karaj. On the day of the anand karaj he was still recovering from the alcohol feom the previous night and during the lavaan he started walking the wrong way!  He then started complaining that its taking too long. They marriage ended up a divorce anyway. 

Some women need to accept that their sons and daughters are not interested and stop dragging them into anand karaj

23 hours ago, MisterrSingh said:

Argh, you're winding me up just by telling me about this nonsense. I went to a Sikh Anand Karaj a few years ago after around 11 years of not attending one, and I could not believe what I was seeing and hearing. It was a most irreligious spectacle. Nattering and full blown conversation as if people were in the langar hall. Absolutely no respect for the occasion or a sense of spirituality. It broke my heart, and at the time I felt a strange sense of dread for what lay in store for us as a people in the coming years and decades.

Bro that's the very reason I don't go to sikhs weddings. It winds me up seeing how disrespectful people are.  My friend was telling me he recently went to the wedding and one of the gyanis interrupted and had to ask the ladies to stop talking and cover their heads properly. He was angry and started talking about the lakh of respect and modesty in our community.   He must of been really triggered with what he saw for him to interupt and say all that.