Unresolved anger with God?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Hello all,

I wanted to get some advice or insight on this issue. For my entire life (I am now 23) I’ve been following Sant Baba Jawala Singh Ji Maharaj Harkhowal Waale. If you guys don’t know who He is feel free to google, the Dera has a website with information. Anyways, for me Maharaj Ji has been my form of Rabb. He has been who I believe God to be my entire life. I just believed He was a form of God. I’ve prayed to Him and the Dera and that was how I followed Sikhi. My parents are very devout; my Mom states that for her Maharaj Ji is God, not a form of God. Recently I found out, however, that at the Dera Maharaj Ji has said that people of caste lower than Jatt are not allowed to do langar seva and are not allowed to eat during the regular langar; they have a separate space/time that they would be served. They are allowed to do seva elsewhere in the Dera just not in the langar hall. He has also said that anyone in his family is not allowed to marry outside of the Jatt caste. I was shocked and enraged when I heard this. How can someone who is a Sant/Sadhu believe in such things when Guru Nanak Dev Ji abolished and forbade against the caste system? I am completely against these things so I was absolutely heartbroken, confused and angry when my Mom told me all of this. I also feel guilty for being so mad, because Maharaj Ji has shown me so much of His blessings and given me so much in this life; what right do I have to get angry? Surely He must have had some reason for this? I fought with my Mom and asked her how she could be okay with it, and she said “Even if it is wrong I don’t care because that is my God and I follow his word no matter what” so that was basically a dead end for me in terms of an answer. I just don’t know how to feel. I don’t want to stop believing in Maharaj Ji but how can I resolve this anger and confusion on this topic? Thank you in advance. 

Here is the About Us page from the Dera’s website, I highly suggest you all read this before commenting: http://www.dsgharkhowal.com/?page_id=2

Well he isn't a Sant/Sadhu,  he is a con artist using Sikhi to get what he wants, I would advise leave this fake Guru, you are only supposed to pray to Waheguru Ji his form is the Guru Granth Sahib Ji.

I also would advise start learning Gurmukhi and making sense of Guru Ji is saying when you read from Guru Granth Sahib Ji.

11 hours ago, Guest Anonymous said:

Hello all,

I wanted to get some advice or insight on this issue. For my entire life (I am now 23) I’ve been following Sant Baba Jawala Singh Ji Maharaj Harkhowal Waale. If you guys don’t know who He is feel free to google, the Dera has a website with information. Anyways, for me Maharaj Ji has been my form of Rabb. He has been who I believe God to be my entire life. I just believed He was a form of God. I’ve prayed to Him and the Dera and that was how I followed Sikhi. My parents are very devout; my Mom states that for her Maharaj Ji is God, not a form of God. Recently I found out, however, that at the Dera Maharaj Ji has said that people of caste lower than Jatt are not allowed to do langar seva and are not allowed to eat during the regular langar; they have a separate space/time that they would be served. They are allowed to do seva elsewhere in the Dera just not in the langar hall. He has also said that anyone in his family is not allowed to marry outside of the Jatt caste. I was shocked and enraged when I heard this. How can someone who is a Sant/Sadhu believe in such things when Guru Nanak Dev Ji abolished and forbade against the caste system? I am completely against these things so I was absolutely heartbroken, confused and angry when my Mom told me all of this. I also feel guilty for being so mad, because Maharaj Ji has shown me so much of His blessings and given me so much in this life; what right do I have to get angry? Surely He must have had some reason for this? I fought with my Mom and asked her how she could be okay with it, and she said “Even if it is wrong I don’t care because that is my God and I follow his word no matter what” so that was basically a dead end for me in terms of an answer. I just don’t know how to feel. I don’t want to stop believing in Maharaj Ji but how can I resolve this anger and confusion on this topic? Thank you in advance. 

Here is the About Us page from the Dera’s website, I highly suggest you all read this before commenting: http://www.dsgharkhowal.com/?page_id=2

।।ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕਾ ਖ਼ਾਲਸਾ।।ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕੀ ਫ਼ਤਹਿ।।

Bhai Sahib,

Who is more powerful, Dhan Sri Guru Gobind Singh ji Maharaaj or this Sant? Obviously Dhan Sri Guru Gobind Singh ji Maharaaj. So why pray to some other Sant. Mahapurakhs don't allow people to pray to them but pray with you to Almighty Waheguru ji. Also Waheguru ji is Ajooni. He doesn't take birth so how can the Sant be God. He has the light of Waheguru ji inside us like everyone but is not the almighty creator in Sach Khand. And the caste system is not in Sikhi at all. Dhan Sri Guru Nanak Dev ji abolished the caste system and no Sant should ever use it because it discriminates against people. Maharaaj in their beautiful Bani have said that they have made all 4 castes into one. Maharaaj also says that the lowest of the low are the ones he loves the most. So why would the Sant go directly against Sikhi.

You should stop praying to this Sant and pray to Guru Sahib. This does not mean that you have to leave the Sadhu. You can still do Kirtan with him, read Gurbani with him but you should also tell him that what he is doing is wrong.

।।ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕਾ ਖ਼ਾਲਸਾ।।ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕੀ ਫ਼ਤਹਿ।।

3 hours ago, RajKaregaKhalsa1 said:

You should stop praying to this Sant and pray to Guru Sahib. This does not mean that you have to leave the Sadhu. You can still do Kirtan with him, read Gurbani with him but you should also tell him that what he is doing is wrong.

How old are you? 

12 hours ago, Guest Anonymous said:

Hello all,

Bhaji,

Firstly, a Sants main purpose is to join you with Maharaj, not them. Therefore, it is ignorant of you to just forget the greatest Sant of all Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaj.

If you had this much sharda for Sant Ji, you wouldn't believe this without solid evidence. - I highly suggest you to visit Sant Baba Jagjit Singh Ji Harkowal Wale as they will give you a better insight on Sant Ji's jeevan and clear up any rumours. Sant Baba Mann Singh Ji Pehowa Wale regularly tell of Sant Ji, hence why I am sure of the spiritual capability.

Guest EndAnti-SikhCasteism

Sadly this was a common phenomenon in the 70 years before 1920.

Akhand Kirtani Jatha and Lahore Singh Sabha always gave Amrit to all.

But all of the various Nihang dera's and Damdami Taksal didn't before 1920.

But with Gurdwara Reform Lehar the 70years of evil anti-Sikh and British-sponsored and enforced (1850-1920) practises ended when the Hindu Mahants were removed by Sangat from the British-sponsored control of Gurdwara's. In turn their supporters such as the British-sponsored Nihang Dals like at Hazur Sahib had to change their tune.

Guest Anonymous
On 5/11/2019 at 4:24 AM, Redoptics said:

Well he isn't a Sant/Sadhu,  he is a con artist using Sikhi to get what he wants, I would advise leave this fake Guru, you are only supposed to pray to Waheguru Ji his form is the Guru Granth Sahib Ji.

I also would advise start learning Gurmukhi and making sense of Guru Ji is saying when you read from Guru Granth Sahib Ji.

Bhaji, I definitely would not call him a con artist. He is a respected Sadhu and Mahapurkh and has a very large following. Many other Sants and Sadhus highly respect him and have for many years, as noted by another Veerji in the comments. I attached the link to their About Me so that you all could read and understand their history, and there is a Jeevan Sakhi online as well if you would like additional proof. The reason for this post is try and understand why someone who is so highly respected and a Mahapurkh would do something like this, and how I can try to understand, not to talk badly about them. 

On 5/19/2019 at 5:25 PM, Guest Anonymous said:

Bhaji, I definitely would not call him a con artist. He is a respected Sadhu and Mahapurkh and has a very large following. Many other Sants and Sadhus highly respect him and have for many years, as noted by another Veerji in the comments. I attached the link to their About Me so that you all could read and understand their history, and there is a Jeevan Sakhi online as well if you would like additional proof. The reason for this post is try and understand why someone who is so highly respected and a Mahapurkh would do something like this, and how I can try to understand, not to talk badly about them. 

You don't seem to understand, if you follow and understand Sikhi , you should not pray to another human being you should only pray to Guru Granth Sahib Ji ( your living Guru). If you are praying to another human being you are not following Sikhi.

Guest Humans are frail

Dear Guest,

The samparda u follow is highly respected. You should continue following it. But i think it is important for you to distinguish between God and his followers. God is perfect, formless, constraintless. Besides our Gurus, I know of no other perfect human.

If you equate God to a living human, no matter how high the individual, you will always be disappointed.As you are now. 

God is soo amazing, he is beyond our understanding. He creats the entire universe with its contradictions. He suffers ISIS and athiests to live. God is also utmost kind, and will help any who asks him. 

But a human being is always under constraints. The rule about not allowing lower castes to serve, is a tradition. Passed on for generations. So it might not be possible for a person in charge of a samprada to change it. 

Also, in india caste is real. So ppl from low castes generally get less facilities and get the worst jobs. So the low caste ppl would be cleaning sewers/naalis, cleaning dead animals for leather etc. So because of this, their hygiene woukd be different to ppl from other castes. And so maybe in the old days that is why they were not allowed to do langar seva. 

I am not sayin it is right or fair to treat ppl like lesser ppl. But just explaining why this was a rule in the past and how sants cant change tradition. 

That is why dont equate God to any human. Humans are constrained and limited by tradition, culture, and the past. 

Do believe that Maharaj ji is an amazing soul, who is on the verge of merging with God, the one universal Soul. And as such he can help you merge too. 

Being a sant is no small thing. In Gurbani it says, run to the sharan of saints. Cut off my head to use as their chair. Use my hair as a chaur sahib for them. And i would sacrifice my life if they would reveal how to meet my beloved God. As gurbani says, Sants are very important and u r very lucky to have found one. Learn from them and get started on ur path to God.