Jump to content
Redoptics

Ramnik Pal Singh Randhawa - Shabad Vichaar from Theory To Praxis:

Recommended Posts

Started watching this guy , think his explanation and contemplation on Guru Granth Sahib Ji is awesome, check it out.

 

Thoughts? Anybody else watched this series?

 

Ramnik Pal Singh Randhawa - Shabad Vichaar from Theory To Praxis:

 

Edited by Redoptics

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is a level of arrogance coming from his speech.  Remembering Gurbani is one of the most helpful act anyone can do in their lives.  By remembering Gurbani a person can repeat the Shabad throughout his day.  Whenever the person is able to catch the mind drifting away from gurmat, he can repeat a certain shabad to bring the mind back on remembering Vaheguru.  Think about those people who have lost themselves  in anger or lust or greed.  Had they remembered Gurbani they will be able to direct their mind back to the truth.  I don't agree with his interpretation of Jaap Sahib either.   It's too focused on his current state of mind.  He needs to step out of his train of thought and listen to Jaap sahib without contextualizing Jaap Sahib to his mind frame.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Akalifauj said:

There is a level of arrogance coming from his speech.  Remembering Gurbani is one of the most helpful act anyone can do in their lives.  By remembering Gurbani a person can repeat the Shabad throughout his day.  Whenever the person is able to catch the mind drifting away from gurmat, he can repeat a certain shabad to bring the mind back on remembering Vaheguru.  Think about those people who have lost themselves  in anger or lust or greed.  Had they remembered Gurbani they will be able to direct their mind back to the truth.  I don't agree with his interpretation of Jaap Sahib either.   It's too focused on his current state of mind.  He needs to step out of his train of thought and listen to Jaap sahib without contextualizing Jaap Sahib to his mind frame.  

 

I do agree that he sounds arrogant at times, but do like how he breaks things down and communicates across well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/10/2019 at 6:02 PM, Redoptics said:

Started watching this guy , think his explanation and contemplation on Guru Granth Sahib Ji is awesome, check it out.

I agree with the others that he seems to be arrogant in saying that only he knows what Gurbani says, everybody else before him was all wrong.

I don't know why he doesn't accept that Jaap Sahib isn't praise of God. How is it not praise?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, BhForce said:

I agree with the others that he seems to be arrogant in saying that only he knows what Gurbani says, everybody else before him was all wrong.

I don't know why he doesn't accept that Jaap Sahib isn't praise of God. How is it not praise?

One reason I want to learn Gurmukhi is so I can start to understand what is being said myself, rather relay on other peoples translations.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Redoptics said:

One reason I want to learn Gurmukhi is so I can start to understand what is being said myself, rather relay on other peoples translations.

Good thought, bro. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Redoptics said:

One reason I want to learn Gurmukhi is so I can start to understand what is being said myself, rather relay on other peoples translations.

Yet, there'll still be some people who'll argue you've misunderstood certain things, or there's a particular context that's been overlooked, or that we aren't meant to analyse these issues in a studious, detached manner, etc. You can't win with these people. It's the Brahmanical coveting of spiritual and religious teachings all over again; they who exert such control also hope to control you.   Don't let it discourage you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/20/2019 at 9:58 AM, MisterrSingh said:

Yet, there'll still be some people who'll argue you've misunderstood certain things, or there's a particular context that's been overlooked, or that we aren't meant to analyse these issues in a studious, detached manner, etc. You can't win with these people. It's the Brahmanical coveting of spiritual and religious teachings all over again; they who exert such control also hope to control you.   Don't let it discourage you.

True, I'm finding this out just reading all the many translations and dictionaries.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/11/2019 at 2:02 AM, Redoptics said:

Started watching this guy , think his explanation and contemplation on Guru Granth Sahib Ji is awesome, check it out.

 

Thoughts? Anybody else watched this series?

 

Ramnik Pal Singh Randhawa - Shabad Vichaar from Theory To Praxis:

 

As far as I am concerned, we should really overlook this guy’s arrogance.  Instead of focusing on his arrogance we should focus on what he’s trying to explain. It’s all good.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah after watching many times over, I have come to the conclusion,  he is not arrogant at all, just straight to the point,  which I guess comes across arrogant to some people. Videos have helped me alot recently.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/12/2019 at 3:22 AM, Redoptics said:

Yeah after watching many times over, I have come to the conclusion,  he is not arrogant at all, just straight to the point,  which I guess comes across arrogant to some people. Videos have helped me alot recently.

Well, you know what? The field of spirituality is not like, say chemistry. In chemistry, if your chemical equations work, it doesn't matter that you're an arrogant p#@#. 

Not so in spirituality. The entire point is to gain humility. If you don't have it, there's not point in listening to you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BhForce said:

Well, you know what? The field of spirituality is not like, say chemistry. In chemistry, if your chemical equations work, it doesn't matter that you're an arrogant p#@#. 

Not so in spirituality. The entire point is to gain humility. If you don't have it, there's not point in listening to you.

Like I said the videos have helped me alot recently,  most people hear but don't listen anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use