anyone own a dog?

Guest DogHelp

I have a dog, it’s lovely to have one and great for the children (depending what breed you get)

we feed the dog dry dog food and have a separate shelf for her stuff in the conservatory.  You can’t make the dog veggie they are designed to eat meat; it is their khraakh.  As mentioned above Guru sahib had a baaz what do you think Guru Jee gave it.  

Depending on different breed it depends how much maintenance is needed regarding grooming etc; some need more than others, some may have separation anxiety.  I would say do your research when getting one.  

As for nitnem, keertan, sehaj paath etc, it has never been an issue she has patience and enjoys listening to keertan.  

Please do your research and at  be patient with them they are part of the family; try to get a rescue as there are many unwanted dogs in kennels.  

Cavalier King Charles spaniels area  great happy calm breed.

??

Guest jigsaw_puzzled_singh
32 minutes ago, T_Singh said:

we feed the dog dry dog food and have a separate shelf for her stuff in the conservatory.  You can’t make the dog veggie they are designed to eat meat; it is their khraakh.  

Not true. In reality, dogs are actually omnivores. Their bodies, unlike cats, have the ability to digest carbohydrate foods and transform amino acids into others. It can survive and indeed thrive on purely plant matter. You can make dogs veggie...indeed one should....but you're right - you can't make YOUR dog veggie now. You've already got it too used to meat. Too late to change. That's your fault....not the dog's.

Guest Doghelp
1 hour ago, T_Singh said:

I have a dog, it’s lovely to have one and great for the children (depending what breed you get)

we feed the dog dry dog food and have a separate shelf for her stuff in the conservatory.  You can’t make the dog veggie they are designed to eat meat; it is their khraakh.  As mentioned above Guru sahib had a baaz what do you think Guru Jee gave it.  

Depending on different breed it depends how much maintenance is needed regarding grooming etc; some need more than others, some may have separation anxiety.  I would say do your research when getting one.  

As for nitnem, keertan, sehaj paath etc, it has never been an issue she has patience and enjoys listening to keertan.  

Please do your research and at  be patient with them they are part of the family; try to get a rescue as there are many unwanted dogs in kennels.  

Cavalier King Charles spaniels area  great happy calm breed.

??

thankyou for this, very reassuring. I was thinking of more of active breed like border collie, german shepherd or lab - noted about diet and meat requirements of a dog

21 hours ago, Guest Dog owner said:

Absolute rubbish. I owned a dog and it was not fed meat. All the dogs in India are not fed meat. It’s just pure laziness

Have you seen the dogs in India that just eat parshada? They don’t look healthy at all.  

I do agree they can survive on just veggies but they are not designed just to be on veggie, just look at their teeth and the fact that some owners give them a raw meat diet and they can digest raw meet.  Why deny them what Vaaheguru Jee has created them to be their Khraakh.  

Piaario it’s your choice some owners give, wet food, some dry, some raw and some veggie.  If I’m doubt speak to the vet jeeo.

Its not about laziness in-fact giving them veggie food would be quicker and cheaper but as I said earlier I won’t deny them what is their khaarakh.  Myself and many other Amrithdhaari Gursikh families like mine giving our dog this dry dog food and keep it separate and we don’t see nothing wrong with it.  I say don’t fall in vehem that your dog is eating meat and you have meat on a shelf.  That’s what Guru sahib Jee wanted us to steer clear from - Vhem.

??

23 hours ago, Guest Doghelp said:

thankyou for this, very reassuring. I was thinking of more of active breed like border collie, german shepherd or lab - noted about diet and meat requirements of a dog

They seem great dogs too, German shepherds are very protective of their home and can be barking a lot around strangers, but loving to their owners.  The big dogs do need loads of exercise so as long as you commit to this.  As mentioned before Jee please do your research and speak to other dog owners and your local vet for further information.

Guest Guest dog owner
On 5/25/2019 at 9:23 AM, T_Singh said:

Have you seen the dogs in India that just eat parshada? They don’t look healthy at all.  

I do agree they can survive on just veggies but they are not designed just to be on veggie, just look at their teeth and the fact that some owners give them a raw meat diet and they can digest raw meet.  Why deny them what Vaaheguru Jee has created them to be their Khraakh.  

Piaario it’s your choice some owners give, wet food, some dry, some raw and some veggie.  If I’m doubt speak to the vet jeeo.

Its not about laziness in-fact giving them veggie food would be quicker and cheaper but as I said earlier I won’t deny them what is their khaarakh.  Myself and many other Amrithdhaari Gursikh families like mine giving our dog this dry dog food and keep it separate and we don’t see nothing wrong with it.  I say don’t fall in vehem that your dog is eating meat and you have meat on a shelf.  That’s what Guru sahib Jee wanted us to steer clear from - Vhem.

??

My point was not that they are healthy. My point was that they are able to survive without meat. 

The point about there teeth is also non issue as us humans have teeth to rip meat. 

And I am not talking about only feeding parshadeh. You would have to cook them meals therefore it’s actually harder and therefore you would not do due to laziness.