Informational Genocide on us

Guest Guest Singh

Guest Guest Singh
On 6/3/2019 at 11:00 PM, AkalkiFauj said:

dalnishan6.jpg

dalnishan9.jpg

I had no idea about this. Thank you for letting me know. Now I feel bad for the Wikipedia pages I messed up. : / 

On 6/3/2019 at 11:46 PM, puzzled said:

This should be made the Nishan sahib again.

The khanda that we see on the present day Nishan sahib was actually created some point during the British rule, just like how the British made sikhs were the patiala shahi pointed pagh.

I agree, it should be used as the Nishan Sahib if we know for a fact that it is the original flag of the Khalsa. 

Interesting claim about the Patiala Shahi. Could you kindly elaborate or provide some links to look at if possible? Thanks!

Guest Guest Singh
On 5/30/2019 at 11:05 PM, AkalkiFauj said:

On 5/30/2019 at 11:05 PM, AkalkiFauj said:

Wjkk wjkf!

I had written to Sikh Press Association as well about this Wikipedia issue. They wrote back and acknowledged that it is indeed a worrying thing. Apparently few others had reached out to them over Twitter as well. They said they had tried taking active measures in the past but have run into the same difficulties I mentioned in the original post. They'll try to raise awareness over the issue, the mail said.

Sharing the content of the mail with you all:

Thank you for taking the time to contact us and for attaching the relevant information. The issue you raise is one that we are very familiar with, and one which we face ourselves. We share your frustration with how difficult it is to get Wikipedia to accurately reflect topics of great importance to Sikhs and Sikhi. 

This is an issue we have spoken publicly about, including just a few days ago on the article of Sant Jarnail Singh Khalsa Bhindranwale: https://twitter.com/SikhPA/status/1135904944358383617 

As we have outlined on Twitter, we have attempted to take active measures in the past to correct such information, but have run into difficulties you have outlined. We will continue to raise awareness of this publicly, and continue to have discussions with others on how best to tackle this grave and disappointing issue. 

Thank you for getting in touch with us,

Sukh Singh
Sikh PA 

Wjkk wjkf!

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/22/2019 at 9:58 AM, Guest Guest Singh said:

Am I reading too much into it? (I hope it's just a bot). But then this isn't the first time I noticed things like this. How can we tackle such a vicious yet subtle attack? I have edited the article back to its original shape now.

No, you're not. 

This is amazing the depths that certain unknown entities are going to.

Good catch.