Why do most hindus , incl most punjabi hindus hate Bhindrawale so much ??

Perhaps the most controversial Sikh personality of our times. His supporters call him a saint/preacher who was trying to save sikhi from govt forces and fought till the end. His haters call him an extremist who indirectly targeted the hindus in punjab and led to killing of many hindus in punjab , esp the ones they claim happened by filtering hindus out of buses and killing them in blank range.

I was born many years after Op Bluestar, hence I have no idea of their true personality.

Was he really the one crusading for the rights of Sikhs in a nascent hindu indian state and was truly a man of peace and sikhi siddhant , or was he hungry for power ?

I honestly really don't know . Waheguru ji forgive me if I slandered him accidentally .

But at the same time, hindus really hate him and his fellow gursikhs.

why is that ??

EDIT ---

I was about to create a new thread about trying to understand what exactly transpired upto the 1984 op bluestar. Some say Bhindrawale was propped up by Indira Gandhi to counter the akalis in punjab, but that he later on started speaking against her and got out of control. And thats why she decided to end him and perhaps storming the temple on a holy day was her way of not only hurting him physically but also spiritually , apart from crushing the sentiments of millions of other sikhs.

Hindus just believe he was a terrorist and that army had to be taken in to "free" golden temple from the clutches of the terrorists.

The first clash between sant ji and Indra gandi was when the taksalis clashed with the narkdharis and their guru. The nirankaris were holding a huge event at amritsar where their guru had said that guru gobind singh ji created 5 pyare and that he is gnna create panj sitare. So he was basically comparing himself to guru ji. The taksalis went to protest against the nirankaris at this nirankari event in amritsar. The akj jatha was there too. There ended up being a big clash and several sikhs were killed. The taksalis were not armed while the nirankaris had guns.  The case went to court. The case was supposed to be held at a court in amritsar with a sikh judge but was moved to hindu majority haryana where the judge was a hindu. Many big hindu personalities like the author lala jaggat narain were present and they all supported the nirankaris. Leading to the court case many Writers like jaggat narain published many articles in his newspaper defaming sant ji. When the case was held sant ji lost while the nirankaris won and not a single nirankri was arrested even though several sikhs were killed that day.  From that day sant ji said that there is no point in relying on the indian courts for justice.   

This was the first major clash. 

Rumours that sant ji was friends with Indra were actually started by the akalis because at one point sant ji was far more politically influencal than the akalis were. 

I don't think sant ji bothered relying on the akalis much. 

To truly understand this issue you need first hand sources. What Santji actually propogated; his vision for the kaum; the actual events that transpired in that time period. We generally have two extremes of information. The goi, or exaggerated panthic sources. We need a more fact based , non-emotive comprehensive accounting to sef the record straight. Listen to atinderpal singh on youtube for starters.

As time goes on, our panth will more and more realize the importance of santji in our contemporary sikh history. He is our most recent link to our martial past. Right now we r more or less dead politically and militaristic wise. Our current lot dont hold a candle to our warriors of the past.

• 2 months later...

Imo, Bhinderwale is hated for refusing to come out the Darbar Sahib when Indira made the offer. I believe he could see the future n coming out to save Sikhs / Innocents clearly meant infringement of Guru Sahib's Hukam. He could've thought "I walk out, surrender, Hukam has changed."

BUT! Seeing the political complications maybe he saw surrendering as slavery thing? I walk out, STILL no equal rights for Sikhs, still same suppression, still Government ruling our a55es.