35years on and what we should be thinking about ...

16 hours ago, jkvlondon said:

interesting speech I heard

we really need to stick to original source material and strive to learn from primary sources

I agree, but I think a lot of people struggle to accept a lot of the stuff in primary historical sources because it goes against modern perceived notions. 

I'm not saying that we accept everything in them, but we should at least not go into a tizzy when things we might not practice today as a community is referred to within. 

4 hours ago, dallysingh101 said:

I agree, but I think a lot of people struggle to accept a lot of the stuff in primary historical sources because it goes against modern perceived notions. 

I'm not saying that we accept everything in them, but we should at least not go into a tizzy when things we might not practice today as a community is referred to within. 

like the Singh said sakian are written to nourish all janwar/panchian, humans and sants we just need to decide which level we choose to take it at . I really believe you need faith in sarab kala ka giata to get full laha of the gurmukh message. Sciencedana will just cynically dismiss everything and do what the cartoon/bollywood films of our history are doing , removing people's true sharda