Is Chaadra an 'un-sikh' garment ?

20 hours ago, puzzled said:

These probably look like skirts or dresses to you as well then?

Or is it when a "pendu" or villager wears something without 2 legs that it looks gay ?

Current stock of young Punjabi men look more gay than any of the guys in chadras in those pics. 

3ca91b3bd3146c78ad71670b83b6f106.jpg

I have always thought with a guilt in my mind that they look like frocks to some extent. But male frocks are common in religious traditions around the world. Even in Christians , removing a male priest from his duty was called 'de-frocking' , a kind of dishonorable discharge . 

1 hour ago, AjeetSingh2019 said:

Its called chadrA bro, not chadar ?

Secondly 'male skirts' have existed throughout the tropical countries known by various names. Although young generation in all these countries avoid it because of its rustic looks , and also because simply a chadra without underwear under it is a khulla khulla thing , if u know what i mean. Hence chadra/ lungi definitely have obvious sexual connotations especially when used as nightwear

Yeah, and I bet you love that.......

On 6/8/2019 at 1:13 PM, AjeetSingh2019 said:

The typical punjabi male image of a sturdy male in kurta chadra holding a gandasa in his hand , and twisting his mustaches comes to mind when we hear that word.

But apart from an ugly looking attire and a sexual one (its all open down there LOL) , it just like its lungi cousin is quite vulgar .

I don't think it even conforms to sikhi ideals. I was originally worn by mughals. Surprising, sikhs adopted it 

Kachhera doesn't even go up the thighs . So it was always meant to avoid unwanted flash LOL. 

Sikhs were supposed to were bana/chollas or sikhi wale kurte pajame so we look different. Also, doing a high kick in bana is so easy and it makes Gatka easy 

IMG_3594.JPG

IMG_3595.PNG

IMG_3597.PNG

IMG_3397.JPG

IMG_3618.JPG

IMG_3620.JPG

I just think certain people from a particular jaat  are doing their typical buckwaas of slyly trying to promote their homo-pendu culture over Sikhi. What the hell has wearing a chaadra have to do with Sikhi?  

I'd say the kachera says everything about Guru ji's attitude towards the long he-skirt - that has come to be associated with head waggling stupidity these days - whatever it meant in medieval pend culture. 

And I think it might be that certain brothers who identify as females might be trying to find excuses to dress as one?

52 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

I just think certain people from a particular jaat  are doing their typical buckwaas of slyly trying to promote their homo-pendu culture over Sikhi. What the hell has wearing a chaadra have to do with Sikhi?  

I'd say the kachera says everything about Guru ji's attitude towards the long he-skirt - that has come to be associated with head waggling stupidity these days - whatever it meant in medieval pend culture. 

And I think it might be that certain brothers who identify as females might be trying to find excuses to dress as one?

big jump there ...most people wearing chadra in picture are hetero manly men... as were my family men who did (faced down blood thirsty crowd to save family) if certain people have something in their twisted minds that's on them . As for fools playing the clown , that's what happened when you copy the confused godless sheep and lose your Guru centric mind/lifestyle

Just now, jkvlondon said:

As for fools playing the clown , that's what happened when you copy the confused godless sheep and lose your Guru centric mind/lifestyle

Yeah, well, certain clownish, bhangra paa-ing, docile chaploosian seem to have been coming from certain quarters for a long while now, under the guise of preserving 'rural culture'. And they've even managed to turn other people into buffoons too, through majority influence. They've basically got apnay men AND women (and children) dancing like kunjars on stages for all the see - like this is some sort of achievement for their 'culture'. No wonder everyone thinks these people are dumb. 

Stop being in denial about this. 

1 minute ago, dallysingh101 said:

Yeah, well, certain clownish, bhangra paa-ing, docile chaploosian seem to have been coming from certain quarters for a long while now, under the guise of preserving 'rural culture'. And they've even managed to turn other people into buffoons too, through majority influence. They've basically got apnay men AND women (and children) dancing like kunjars on stages for all the see - like this is some sort of achievement for their 'culture'. No wonder everyone thinks these people are dumb. 

Stop being in denial about this. 

I'm not ... we all know Punjab vasda Guru de naam utte .... naam chadta ta appe app punjab da veda gharakiga

2 minutes ago, jkvlondon said:

I'm not ... we all know Punjab vasda Guru de naam utte .... naam chadta ta appe app punjab da veda gharakiga

I think there is definitely a movement in the UK to start to try and face and reverse the association of 'balle-balle- pareepa' culture and Sikhi. 

Right now, the promotion of certain aspects of jut-penduism has resulted in a scenario where even on Vasaikhi celebrations you'll have young apneean dancing on stages for all and sundry to see. I don't care about any peasant-harvest culture/celebration. There is NO WAY our Guru's would have promoted this. 

And people from certain backgrounds should realise and acknowledge that this state of affairs only exists because they've been using the Sikh community  as some sort of smoke screen to promote backwards, unsophisticated culture and passing it off as somehow related to Sikhs. There are more sullay juts than Sikh ones. I don't see them kunjaring out their daughters like this in the name of jut culture?

If you love all that pendu culture - that is your business, but I know not  all juts do. A few of them (a circumspect minority) see this buckwaas for what it is. Now the rest of them need to stop being fudhu-bundhay and wake up too. 

I don't think Sant ji (for instance) would have been happy to see pendus dressed like clowns and prancing about on stage - let alone Sikh girls. 

39 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

I think there is definitely a movement in the UK to start to try and face and reverse the association of 'balle-balle- pareepa' culture and Sikhi. 

Right now, the promotion of certain aspects of jut-penduism has resulted in a scenario where even on Vasaikhi celebrations you'll have young apneean dancing on stages for all and sundry to see. I don't care about any peasant-harvest culture/celebration. There is NO WAY our Guru's would have promoted this. 

And people from certain backgrounds should realise and acknowledge that this state of affairs only exists because they've been using the Sikh community  as some sort of smoke screen to promote backwards, unsophisticated culture and passing it off as somehow related to Sikhs. There are more sullay juts than Sikh ones. I don't see them kunjaring out their daughters like this in the name of jut culture?

If you love all that pendu culture - that is your business, but I know not  all juts do. A few of them (a circumspect minority) see this buckwaas for what it is. Now the rest of them need to stop being fudhu-bundhay and wake up too. 

I don't think Sant ji (for instance) would have been happy to see pendus dressed like clowns and prancing about on stage - let alone Sikh girls. 

I am from jat background  and I hate how the whole of punjab culture is on the downward spiral been watching our culture going from where people gave their word and it was their bond, nothing was too much trouble, people had genuine love for Guru ji to now where being modern is equated with  doing as much drugs/alcohol, being a <banned word filter activated> and dancing like someone trying sell themselves , where even now people are pimping out their girls for their drugs/alcohol. People are being told not to send their girls out for studies exactly for this reason. Since when did sikhs become the filth of society?

I was the first to condemn heritage street Amritsar for its balle balle giddha and bhangra staues rather than kaum itihaasic stars .

Now you have our valuable votes being siphoned up by amli people voting for amli gaiikan such as Hans raj Hans , the guys cannot even speak a sentence !

4 minutes ago, jkvlondon said:

I am from jat background  and I hate how the whole of punjab culture is on the downward spiral been watching our culture going from where people gave their word and it was their bond, nothing was too much trouble, people had genuine love for Guru ji to now where being modern is equated with  doing as much drugs/alcohol, being a <banned word filter activated> and dancing like someone trying sell themselves , where even now people are pimping out their girls for their drugs/alcohol. People are being told not to send their girls out for studies exactly for this reason. Since when did sikhs become the filth of society?

This has come about as the result of insidious actions from people both within our community and some outside. 

Right now (in the UK) it's time we faced down the <banned word filter activated> amongst our own that promote this buckwaas under the guise of 'culture'.  Funny how the only 'culture' that gets promoted is kunjar culture that involves publically getting plastered and prancing about, whilst other more sophisticated elements of our Sikhi heritage - like reading literature, increasing our linguistic skills and vocabulary, shaster/aster training are totally ignored. 

Given the active promotion of the simple-minded 'cultural' things over the more intellectual/sophisticated ones - and that too for decades (if not over a century) - is it any wonder we're in the state we are in?