How to do paath for someone deceased

On 6/9/2019 at 5:37 PM, Redoptics said:

So question I take my guru seriously,  how do I do paath for my late wife?

Just do paath with full concentration on the meanings. And then do ardaas after paath. In the ardaas is when u should think of her and focus on her. Not during paaath. Also in ardaas you say this japji sahib (or which ever paath it was) da paath was done for my wife **** Kaur. Please give all phal  (fruit/reward/) toward her. Waheguruji please bless her and have nadar on her. She is in your hands, please help her. 

You can even take a hukamnama after u do this ardaas. Many ppl who have done ardaas for deceased ppl have received assurance from hukamnama and guruji. I did too when my grandma.passed away. Here is one such example:

http://gurmatbibek.com/forum/read.php?3,30186

Just ask waheguruji to help and protect her dont ask for her suffering to be given to you or anything abt changing her reincarnation etc. It is better not to meddle in Gods plans. Really, we can not see the long term consequences. So just ask for protection and help. 

Also most ppl do like 40 days of paath. So like 40 days of 1 sukhmani sahib daily  or 40 days of 5 japji sahibs daily etc. I would suggest u also do a sehaj paath.(Sehaj paath is the reading of all of Guru Granth Sahib Ji from ang/page 1 to 1430 but at our own pace.) I had never done one before either. So wat i did was i got a recording of a full sehaj paath at the slowest spped that i liked (i suggest bhai balbir singh or bhai swaran singh on youtube or sikhsangeet.com)  and then went to srigranth.org. And either followed along with reading panjabi/gurmukhi or the english transliteration or my favorite reading the meaning while listening to the recitations. I used to listen to 7-10 angs daily. Once u have finished 1 sehaj paath u can do ardaas

It helps you get fluent in reading gurbani and understand it. Someday u will be able to read a whole sehaj paath by urself. 

Ofc u can do ardaas even after just 1 paath. Also do try simran/meditation too.

1 hour ago, Not2Cool2Argue said:

Just do paath with full concentration on the meanings. And then do ardaas after paath. In the ardaas is when u should think of her and focus on her. Not during paaath. Also in ardaas you say this japji sahib (or which ever paath it was) da paath was done for my wife **** Kaur. Please give all phal  (fruit/reward/) toward her. Waheguruji please bless her and have nadar on her. She is in your hands, please help her. 

You can even take a hukamnama after u do this ardaas. Many ppl who have done ardaas for deceased ppl have received assurance from hukamnama and guruji. I did too when my grandma.passed away. Here is one such example:

http://gurmatbibek.com/forum/read.php?3,30186

Just ask waheguruji to help and protect her dont ask for her suffering to be given to you or anything abt changing her reincarnation etc. It is better not to meddle in Gods plans. Really, we can not see the long term consequences. So just ask for protection and help. 

Also most ppl do like 40 days of paath. So like 40 days of 1 sukhmani sahib daily  or 40 days of 5 japji sahibs daily etc. I would suggest u also do a sehaj paath.(Sehaj paath is the reading of all of Guru Granth Sahib Ji from ang/page 1 to 1430 but at our own pace.) I had never done one before either. So wat i did was i got a recording of a full sehaj paath at the slowest spped that i liked (i suggest bhai balbir singh or bhai swaran singh on youtube or sikhsangeet.com)  and then went to srigranth.org. And either followed along with reading panjabi/gurmukhi or the english transliteration or my favorite reading the meaning while listening to the recitations. I used to listen to 7-10 angs daily. Once u have finished 1 sehaj paath u can do ardaas

It helps you get fluent in reading gurbani and understand it. Someday u will be able to read a whole sehaj paath by urself. 

Ofc u can do ardaas even after just 1 paath. Also do try simran/meditation too.

Thank you for your advice, I think I'm on the right track just need to do ardas properly.