the origins of sikh bana

Guest bana

On 6/10/2019 at 4:17 PM, Guest bana said:

did male sikh bana we see now always look like this? why does it look the way it does with no trousers and kachere only? whats the reason for this?

Nihang Singh bana is the original bana of guru ji and I am not saying don't put Taksali bana on because I need some. Point 2: Some Singh's do wear pajamis with bana. Point 3: This bana was made by Sri Guru Har Gobind Sahib Ji. Point 4: The reason  why most Singh's don't wear pajamia is because if you do a high kick in a pajami, you will probably rip your pajami and kashere are bagy anyways 

I have always thought kurta / bana and similar indian dresses have their origin in middle east. Look at what arab men wear. If you cut it short and have side splits, its like a kurta / chola 

There's no evidence of indians wearing kurte before muslims came to india 

5 hours ago, AjeetSingh2019 said:

I have always thought kurta / bana and similar indian dresses have their origin in middle east. Look at what arab men wear. If you cut it short and have side splits, its like a kurta / chola 

There's no evidence of indians wearing kurte before muslims came to india 

rajsthani had shirts and jackets and waiscoat style jackets before advent of muslim rulers . We had trade with Scythians  before that and they also had shirts , jackets and embroidery patterns/motifs were similar to punjabi ones ....