Ranjeet01

UK Sikh pledges 500 million pounds to Gurdwarae in Pakistan

https://www.thenews.com.pk/amp/483612-sikh-tycoon-announces-500-million-fund-for-pakistan-gurdwaras?

How come Sikh tycoons can find 500 million to fund Gurudwarae but cannot find funds to help the poor in Punjab or help the Shaheedi families or help with parchaar. 

We don't have a money problem in our community it seems, we just allocate those resources in an extremely inefficient manner. 

• Like 1

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
49 minutes ago, Ranjeet01 said:

https://www.thenews.com.pk/amp/483612-sikh-tycoon-announces-500-million-fund-for-pakistan-gurdwaras?

How come Sikh tycoons can find 500 million to fund Gurudwarae but cannot find funds to help the poor in Punjab or help the Shaheedi families or help with parchaar. 

We don't have a money problem in our community it seems, we just allocate those resources in an extremely inefficient manner. 

Ego 

29 minutes ago, Redoptics said:

Ego 

Our Sangat deserves what is happening to it.

We will reap what we sow. 

3 hours ago, Ranjeet01 said:

I think they know they will get more publicity and look better (to whomever they are trying to impress?) if they do this over helping poor Sikhs. 

30 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

I think they know they will get more publicity and look better (to whomever they are trying to impress?) if they do this over helping poor Sikhs. 

thts all it is - competition wiv each otha cuz itll show the whole community how much wealth n help their status later...

why be a gd sikh n help ur poor bros, sis, uncles, aunties etc for lil reward wen u can jus be one in name only (which means nothin) n make urself look like a benevolent king by donating 'out of kindness' before recoupin some if not most or all of it in due time (media attention, pompous dinners, arrogant speeches, greater appeal, more business etc.)

may all their money keep all of em unhappy n burnin from the inside...

1 hour ago, GuestSingh said:

thts all it is - competition wiv each otha cuz itll show the whole community how much wealth n help their status later...

why be a gd sikh n help ur poor bros, sis, uncles, aunties etc for lil reward wen u can jus be one in name only (which means nothin) n make urself look like a benevolent king by donating 'out of kindness' before recoupin some if not most or all of it in due time (media attention, pompous dinners, arrogant speeches, greater appeal, more business etc.)

may all their money keep all of em unhappy n burnin from the inside...

I got a close relative who is (now) VERY rich (he grew up poverty stricken). 

He does the same. Gives donations to x, y and z group but seems totally oblivious to other members of the family who are poor and really struggling. 

The donations these people give are strategic image enhancers - no genuine heart is involved

How comes they were approached by pak govt, why should we invest so heavily to benefit their tourism industry. After all, they still haven't prevented squatters or vandalism and theft from any of our sites. Renovation is what ,white marble monstrosities after removal of original bricks and features?

Edited by jkvlondon

37 minutes ago, jkvlondon said:

How comes they were approached by pak govt, why should we invest so heavily to benefit their tourism industry. After all, they still haven't prevented squatters or vandalism and theft from any of our sites. Renovation is what ,whitemarble monstrisities after removal of original bricks and features?

Exactly. Destroy the centuries old buildings that sangat has been having darshan of.

Spend money and funnel $$$ to Pakistani stone dealers and contractors.

In the end for it to be taken over by the Muslim neighbors of the Gurdwara.

Brilliant how apne think.

7 hours ago, Ranjeet01 said:

Exactly. No one cares for the downtrodden Sikhs in India.

It's a win-win for the Pak Govt because Sikhs will be spending the money and boost their economy without Pak Govt having to spend a penny themselves. 

How much money would it take to get all the remaining Sikhs out of Afghanistan? 

How much money would it take to take to build houses for the homeless Shaheedi families?

There are so many things that could be done.

It would be a fraction of the money and it would provide a far better return in the years to come.

• Thanks 2

I read this the other day and couldn't believe what I read, surely the money would be better spent in other way's, I'm all for the promotion and up-keep of religious places.

And Peter Virdee, does so much for charity but his Instagram feed tells a whole different story of ego and private number plates, nothing personal against the guy but he never does anything out of the goodness of his heart, there's alway's a PR angle.

Edited by kcmidlands

4 hours ago, Ranjeet01 said:

How much money would it take to get all the remaining Sikhs out of Afghanistan? 

If I had the money on that scale, that would be my first port of call. I'd relocate Afghani Sikhs but obviously not by force. They're welcome to stay in the land of their forebears if they so wish, but for those who aren't feeling it, I'd ship them out and help them set up somewhere where they can prosper.

I think there is also a genuine danger of Islamist fundamentalism rearing its head in future. We've seen what such people have done to Buddhist heritage in Afghanistan. 

On the plus though, it seems like Baba Nanak is quite respected by many over there (even if they see him as some sort of muslim). Surely some sullay over there must have had enough of the kuttarpunha they've been promoting for ages now. 

1 hour ago, MisterrSingh said:

If I had the money on that scale, that would be my first port of call. I'd relocate Afghani Sikhs but obviously not by force. They're welcome to stay in the land of their forebears if they so wish, but for those who aren't feeling it, I'd ship them out and help them set up somewhere where they can prosper.

Well Canada has offered to take them in  as refugees no questions asked  so itwould cost of relocating and resttling them into jobs

51 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

I think there is also a genuine danger of Islamist fundamentalism rearing its head in future. We've seen what such people have done to Buddhist heritage in Afghanistan. 

On the plus though, it seems like Baba Nanak is quite respected by many over there (even if they see him as some sort of muslim). Surely some sullay over there must have had enough of the kuttarpunha they've been promoting for ages now. 

Don't have to wait imran is giving pannaa to afghani talibanis and has released pakistani ones from prison.