indian govt. return historical manuscripts to sgpc

Guest GuestSingh

On 6/20/2019 at 3:29 AM, dallysingh101 said:

Yes, we shouldn't take all the contents as gospel, but to ignore this important Sikh literature is also a level of stupidity no one should stoop too. 

I would be ignoring it if I did not read it and consider it.  This has been done and its certain section like the ones in question are not accepted because the root teachings don't agree with it.  You have said in the past that rattan Singh bhangu book is perfect.  So you have gone to the stupidity level I have spoken about.  Is there any reason to discuss further with a person who blinds accepts a book with mistakes as perfect? Nope!  Meat makes the mind thick.  Continue on your journey.  I want nothing to do with it.  But I will be the pr*ck who sends you home with your tail between your legs.  

A constant nagging feeling I have is related to the punjab digital library , they send out demands for purataan saroops scriptures steeks, pothian etc. This reveals who has what , after digitising what do they do with original materials ? Given digital images are easier to alter , they are less trustworthy than the sources which can be dated by materialsand techniques used. What if the originals are stolen using info gathered then all We have to look at is the digital images  and then mysteriously files get corrupted?...You have to look at the long term planning of the panth's enemies and the fact that the highest level staff member at Punjab University is a confirmed RSS man

Heavy reliance on this one source is dangerous it should be a multicentre, multi continent project to have comparison possible and not have the situation where our heritage access is dictated by one organisation

11 hours ago, Akalifauj said:

I would be ignoring it if I did not read it and consider it.  This has been done and its certain section like the ones in question are not accepted because the root teachings don't agree with it.  You have said in the past that rattan Singh bhangu book is perfect.  So you have gone to the stupidity level I have spoken about.  Is there any reason to discuss further with a person who blinds accepts a book with mistakes as perfect? Nope!  Meat makes the mind thick.  Continue on your journey.  I want nothing to do with it.  But I will be the pr*ck who sends you home with your tail between your legs.  

What are you rambling on about?

I don't think it is perfect. But it is a monumental work of Sikh literature. 

There is a lot of stuff within that we don't find elsewhere. 

13 hours ago, dallysingh101 said:

What are you rambling on about?

I don't think it is perfect. But it is a monumental work of Sikh literature. 

There is a lot of stuff within that we don't find elsewhere. 

Simmer down putt you have a tendency to shoot off your mouth and afterwards deny what you said. You were complaining that the Singh sahba movement whitewashed the true Sikh history that was written down by Rattan Singh bhangu in his book.  

Tomorrow some nihang Singhs will be writing how they cut goats head and applied the blood of the goat to weapons and this was ordered by Sri Guru Gobind Singh Sahib ji.   Then people like you will come along 200 years later and say look, animal sacrifice is allowed in Sikhi.  What the nihangs will not say in the book is how they were influenced by the local community and/or by previous  rituals without the Gurus blessing  and they started following them.  A person looking at this will be like, how stupid and gullible are these people to attribute everything to the Guru who has written down what is permissible and not.  Can't they read the Gurus teachings. 

The Singhs that fought during Sri Guru Gobind Singh Sahib ji years on earth were facing difficult times.  They moved place to place fighting along the way.  They needed to nourish the body fast and this is can be done by giving it animal protein (meat) or whatever other source of food they can obtain in time of need.  They were thinking about surviving another day so they can continue to take on the enemy that was coming after them.  Same goes for many years after Sri Guru Gobind Singh Sahib ji left his human form.  However in today's time people like you are sitting on comfortable chairs shooting your mouth off and chewing on flesh because you want to mimic Singhs who were constantly in battle.  How many wars have you fought in the Khalsa army?  How many well equipped soldiers are after you as you write from the comfort of your home.  Nihang Singhs sit comfortably eating flesh as the enemy attacks Sikhi from every side.  They have no need to eat meat because they are not in a constant state of war or battling year in and out.  They have not even fought at all.  Only thing these flesh eating Sikhs are battling are the angry birds on their smartphones.   Its pathetic and embarrassing to hear the flesh eater talk about meat eating.  Even security guards at hospitals have battled more than these flesh eating  Sikhs of today. 

Yooo bro we gotta keep the tradition going...that's why I sacrifice myself by holding a goats back legs as my bro chops off a defenseless animals head off.  Its maryada.  Its plain stupidity and nothing more.  

I know I went on to meat eating but its tied into rattan Singh bhangu book because nangs and regular nangs like using it as a excuse for letting goats fart on their face as they kill a defenseless animal.

4 hours ago, Akalifauj said:

Simmer down putt you have a tendency to shoot off your mouth and afterwards deny what you said. You were complaining that the Singh sahba movement whitewashed the true Sikh history that was written down by Rattan Singh bhangu in his book.  

I think it's you that has the cry baby outbursts myself, it's like you are hormonal? You sound like a cult member whose been thoroughly brainwashed and reacts angrily at anything that contradicts that - and here you take your ire out on an important piece of Sikh literature.

Fact is that Bhangu's work is very important (for many reasons but also) because it represents a pre-colonial perspective.  We know about the family history of the author. It records a lot of sakhis that can't be found elsewhere, and some that can be used to cross check other sources. We'd never know that much about Sukha and Mehtab Singh without it.  We'd not know the name Shaheed Baba Gurbaksh Singh without it - and it records a later Sikh perspective of his shaheedi that was mentioned in contemporary Persian sources. We'd not know the details about later Brars using Sikh-Moghul conflicts to try and exploit Singhs (and even exploit Singhnia) without it. The list is endless. 

It's ram packed with insider details that can't found elsewhere - like how Banda Singh administered the regions he conquered. 

Bhangu did another thing and actually made it a very interesting, engaging read too. It's also a testimony to Sikh success. Here we can clearly see that the grandson of a renown shaheed, whose own father was viciously attacked when a baby and left for dead - went to on to become a prolific writer. That you prefer that which was written after Sikhs had been subjugated and conquered. says a lot about your slave mentality. You don't have to agree with everything within Panth Prakash, but appreciate this monumental Sikh literary achievement. Even more so because we don't have that much (if anything) written in Panjabi from that period like this.  

I tell you what, for all your constant cry-babying about the work, I don't think you yourself with another dozen people like you could EVER produce anything even fractionally as significant as it.

One of your problems is that you go about expecting everything that was written in puratan times to confirm what you think you know already - like you know it all in the first place. That's nothing short of demented. 

Plus people should know that Kulwant SIngh's translated version, is a translation of an abridged version (published by the SGPC) of the edited version released by Bhai Vir Singh earlier.

There is more to it. One part I'd love to read is the sections on Bidhi Chand which were apparently removed? 

You'd better mentally grow up and realise that if we go by our own history, Singhs of old weren't thinking anything like you. That's probably why people like yourself resent such works - because it brings that truth into stark relief and stings your haumai. 

^^^

Are you just going to go around in demented circles everytime an old Sikh source that doesn't conform to your way of thinking is mentioned/referenced? 

That's sad.

What's next? Will you start attacking Charitrio Pakyaan next because it has things in there that you don't like? What about Suraj Prakash? 

Man, you really are a modern incarnation of the Bhasauria mindset.