Sign in to follow this  
Guest I_KAUR

ANOTHER SIKH FALLING FOR THE TRAP OF DAWAH GUYS

Guest I_KAUR

WGK~WGF

Look! Another young Sikh boy is falling for the traps of islamic guys.What is really going on. Why are they so gullible? How do we tackle such threats to our people by these islamic goons and why are our people turning to a religion that did so much against ours???

I tell you, these 'professional preachers' are exactly like spiders sitting in a web waiting. And what they are waiting for is someone dumb or gullible to fall into the trap. They know exactly what to do with them once they get them. I think it's a systematic process. 

That's why I'm not a fan of so called 'interfaith dialogue' because it opens up the dumb or weak willed for exactly this. If you've got a brain and a strong will, then it's another matter  - but if you haven't you'll fall victim to your own weaknesses. 

Trying to preach your own beliefs and getting converted in the process - OWN GOAL!!!

It's our own fault for letting people perpetuating the same old chestnuts like all religions are the same basically, they all take you to Waheguru, don't disrespect other's teachers of faith, doing matha tek is akin to idol worship , we don't believe in caste system (and yet we copy the hindus and their caste prejudices), we don't do drugs or alcohol (but you do). As long as we carry on being hypocritical and not stand up for sikhi properly our kids will be sheep and easily led

It's how the parents raise children now, if the parents do not have belief in Sikhi what are the children going to do? Obviously they would get led astray.

• Sad 1

It's happening in regards to youngsters being drawn to Christianity, too. I see it quite regularly on places like YouTube. Phrases like, "My parents follow Sikhism but I don't understand it" or words to that affect. Then you see the usual Christian patter of, "Accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour," or the person in question is charmed with soothing and admittedly comforting ideas that are designed to work on someone who has very little idea of their own history.

What I've learned in the past year or do in regards to so-called interfaith cordiality: we're at war with these people, Muslims, Christians, whatever. There's no room for tolerance or weakness, because like on the wilds of the African savannah, these predatory faiths will hone in on stragglers and consume them, and we seem to be producing nothing but stragglers. This fantasy that's peddled of Sikh tolerance and acceptance is purposefully designed to undermine and weaken us. Why? Because when you tolerate everything, you stand against nothing! And with the direction in which the world is heading, there'll need to be a drawing of lines. 

The problems at our end are multifold. Most of our burdens are self inflicted. There's no avoiding the issue. We cannot always behave as if we've fallen victim to some conspiracy that's been hatched against us. The enemies within allow the enemies outside to gain a foothold. 

Guest I_Kaur
2 hours ago, MisterrSingh said:

It's happening in regards to youngsters being drawn to Christianity, too. I see it quite regularly on places like YouTube. Phrases like, "My parents follow Sikhism but I don't understand it" or words to that affect. Then you see the usual Christian patter of, "Accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour," or the person in question is charmed with soothing and admittedly comforting ideas that are designed to work on someone who has very little idea of their own history.

What I've learned in the past year or do in regards to so-called interfaith cordiality: we're at war with these people, Muslims, Christians, whatever. There's no room for tolerance or weakness, because like on the wilds of the African savannah, these predatory faiths will hone in on stragglers and consume them, and we seem to be producing nothing but stragglers. This fantasy that's peddled of Sikh tolerance and acceptance is purposefully designed to undermine and weaken us. Why? Because when you tolerate everything, you stand against nothing! And with the direction in which the world is heading, there'll need to be a drawing of lines. 

The problems at our end are multifold. Most of our burdens are self inflicted. There's no avoiding the issue. We cannot always behave as if we've fallen victim to some conspiracy that's been hatched against us. The enemies within allow the enemies outside to gain a foothold. 

I think, especially our younger generations are struggling because the religious leaders, Prachars and even the Giyani's themselves are shying away from the onslaught, almost in fear of confronting them and retaliating with knowledge and wisdom. There must be a reason why our people in general stay out of debates and dialogues. You ever go to the Hyde Park speakers corner, you will never see our people in the 'intellectual battle' but passers by and mere audience, and over time, they will move from nodding their heads to actually joining them. I have seen with my own eyes, young Sikh's becoming islamics... It's good saying it's a battle, but where is the "arm yourself with knowledge" and tackling the attack. It's these young guys now, but soon it'll be reaching every home. Look at the number of white girls and boys who fell for the trap. If the chrisrtians and especially the dawah gangs aren't challenged, things are about to get worse!

On 6/26/2019 at 12:55 AM, Guest I_KAUR said:

WGK~WGF

Look! Another young Sikh boy is falling for the traps of islamic guys.What is really going on. Why are they so gullible? How do we tackle such threats to our people by these islamic goons and why are our people turning to a religion that did so much against ours???

Which Sikh boy is that, exactly?

1 hour ago, BhForce said:

😁 I was wondering the same thing. Look where?

Guest Guest Singh

4 hours ago, BhForce said:

Exactly. Koi link hi ni disda peya. 🙄

Guest Amere Muhammad
5 hours ago, MisterrSingh said:

Look where?

Guest I_Kaur
15 hours ago, MisterrSingh said:

😁 I was wondering the same thing. Look where?

:) Here it is 

On 6/27/2019 at 11:15 AM, Guest I_Kaur said:

I think, especially our younger generations are struggling because the religious leaders, Prachars and even the Giyani's themselves are shying away from the onslaught, almost in fear of confronting them and retaliating with knowledge and wisdom. There must be a reason why our people in general stay out of debates and dialogues. You ever go to the Hyde Park speakers corner, you will never see our people in the 'intellectual battle' but passers by and mere audience, and over time, they will move from nodding their heads to actually joining them. I have seen with my own eyes, young Sikh's becoming islamics... It's good saying it's a battle, but where is the "arm yourself with knowledge" and tackling the attack. It's these young guys now, but soon it'll be reaching every home. Look at the number of white girls and boys who fell for the trap. If the chrisrtians and especially the dawah gangs aren't challenged, things are about to get worse!

I'm glad you mentioned this aspect of it. The Gianis and others with the apparent knowledge are out of touch with the issues facing Sikhs on a social level. It's preaching to the converted most of the times, and even then it has very little impact. In the West there's a slight difference where English speaking parchaar is conducted by individuals who use the exact same approach as their Indian counterparts; there's an unfortunate aspect of a performance occuring instead of a honest and direct dialogue. You see these individuals who develop a following behave as if they exist on an ethereal plane of serenity above and separate from the rest of us cattle. They're more concerned with trying to imitate or create an image of an enlightened holy being than actually impart something practical and useful. It's all incredibly abstract and non-committal designed to trap someone in a cycle of action that will keep them busy in the belief that if results are not yielded they must be doing something wrong rather than provide them with a direct way out of the ills plaguing them.

Plus, as you mentioned, the Gianis and Parcharaks are politically and socially ignorant to the point where I seriously believe they're being instructed by certain parties as to not politicise and inform the sangat of certain ground realities. When one's roti and income is largely dictated by the words spoken by that individual, only someone with immense principles and a disregard for the grave consequences of speaking out would reject any form of control. When such individuals are as dependent on the status quo as the average man, you aren't going to see these people upset the apple cart and potentially cause problems for themselves whereby they won't be allowed to work. They will circle on the periphery of what's acceptable and safe to impart, but they will never truly cross the line into radical specifics.

The assumption is that if Sikhs yearning religious instruction are informed of how to function on the spiritual, abstract level, then automatically all their problems will disappear because they've been taught to bypass physical levels which is apparently where most of our problems as human beings originate from. In theory it is an approach that seems to be sensible, but unfortunately we are physical beings composed of physical matter with physical committments living in a physical world, interacting with other physical components of the universe. Pretending as if those physicalities are irrelevant by leaping straight to the higher stages of being is like trying to teach a child quantum physics without bothering to educate him on the alphabet. It's completely backwards. I'm not surprised contemporary Sikhs of the younger generations can't relate to their religion. People are more than willing to undertake the journey towards seeking knowledge, but if the teachers appear in no better situation than the people they're supposed to enlighten, then what message does that truly send? The Judeo-Christian approach is afforded the benefit of the doubt due to its proliferation in nearly every aspect of life, plus the duration it's been in existence apparently lends it a form of credibility and integrity as something worth following or at least entertaining the possibility as to its credentials. Sikhi doesn't possess that unspoken cultural "scaffolding" or backbone because we can't point to Sikh values being used to propagate a state, a country, or even a thriving society in the modern world. A historically distant Sikh empire means little to people of the modern age. In the eyes of certain individuals who place the value of a doctrine or a message in how it's physically enriched lives and states of being, Sikhi seems unfortunately lacking. That's our fault, and not a reflection of the message itself.

Edited by MisterrSingh

Guest I_Kaur
1 hour ago, MisterrSingh said:

I'm glad you mentioned this aspect of it. The Gianis and others with the apparent knowledge are out of touch with the issues facing Sikhs on a social level. It's preaching to the converted most of the times, and even then it has very little impact. In the West there's a slight difference where English speaking parchaar is conducted by individuals who use the exact same approach as their Indian counterparts; there's an unfortunate aspect of a performance occuring instead of a honest and direct dialogue. You see these individuals who develop a following behave as if they exist on an ethereal plane of serenity above and separate from the rest of us cattle. They're more concerned with trying to imitate or create an image of an enlightened holy being than actually impart something practical and useful. It's all incredibly abstract and non-committal designed to trap someone in a cycle of action that will keep them busy in the belief that if results are not yielded they must be doing something wrong rather than provide them with a direct way out of the ills plaguing them.

Plus, as you mentioned, the Gianis and Parcharaks are politically and socially ignorant to the point where I seriously believe they're being instructed by certain parties as to not politicise and inform the sangat of certain ground realities. When one's roti and income is largely dictated by the words spoken by that individual, only someone with immense principles and a disregard for the grave consequences of speaking out would reject any form of control. When such individuals are as dependent on the status quo as the average man, you aren't going to see these people upset the apple cart and potentially cause problems for themselves whereby they won't be allowed to work. They will circle on the periphery of what's acceptable and safe to impart, but they will never truly cross the line into radical specifics.

The assumption is that if Sikhs yearning religious instruction are informed of how to function on the spiritual, abstract level, then automatically all their problems will disappear because they've been taught to bypass physical levels which is apparently where most of our problems as human beings originate from. In theory it is an approach that seems to be sensible, but unfortunately we are physical beings composed of physical matter with physical committments living in a physical world, interacting with other physical components of the universe. Pretending as if those physicalities are irrelevant by leaping straight to the higher stages of being is like trying to teach a child quantum physics without bothering to educate him on the alphabet. It's completely backwards. I'm not surprised contemporary Sikhs of the younger generations can't relate to their religion. People are more than willing to undertake the journey towards seeking knowledge, but if the teachers appear in no better situation than the people they're supposed to enlighten, then what message does that truly send? The Judeo-Christian approach is afforded the benefit of the doubt due to its proliferation in nearly every aspect of life, plus the duration it's been in existence apparently lends it a form of credibility and integrity as something worth following or at least entertaining the possibility as to its credentials. Sikhi doesn't possess that unspoken cultural "scaffolding" or backbone because we can't point to Sikh values being used to propagate a state, a country, or even a thriving society in the modern world. A historically distant Sikh empire means little to people of the modern age. In the eyes of certain individuals who place the value of a doctrine or a message in how it's physically enriched lives and states of being, Sikhi seems unfortunately lacking. That's our fault, and not a reflection of the message itself.

If our intellectuals/leaders are "out of touch" and the younger generations are unable to relate to them for the crisis, than what really is the future of Sikhi, in this vast oceans of turbulent waves after waves, and threats after threats? No, wonder these gullible young Sikh boys and girls are starting to ride the eaves, because there are none to sail and navigate the boat! In the olden times, it was with the threat of swords and arrows, but today it's with arguments and planting seed's of doubts, and if this threat is not countered and retaliated, trust me, it'll be a common sight to have a 'abdullah and fatima' in the Sikhi family too! We boast about how we fought against persecution of other religions and communities in the past, but how about fighting today, with the knowledge, with the sword of wisdom, against the intellectual attacks against, not just against others (vegaism for eg), but Sikhi itself. Are they just empty words or we have no real armor with fight with, because the leaders are too busy filling up their pockets and bellies?