Guest guest

media brainwashing

26 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

Come on, this thing goes much wider than just 'green' Ranjeet. 

No. These people are greedy.

Something about the North American continent which gives you the impression of Virgin land ripe for exploitation. 

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
6 minutes ago, Ranjeet01 said:

No. These people are greedy.

Something about the North American continent which gives you the impression of Virgin land ripe for exploitation. 

No I meant it's much wider than just 'green' as in marijuana. I know greed is central to it. 

13 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

No I meant it's much wider than just 'green' as in marijuana. I know greed is central to it. 

You probably need to clarify more.

If you mean about the use of marijuana 

12 minutes ago, Ranjeet01 said:

You probably need to clarify more.

If you mean about the use of marijuana 

I thought you were implying that it was the ease of growing green that was central to this phenomena when you said:

Money hungry people - check.

Land to grow marijuana - check

Trucks to smuggle drugs across border - check.

It's just pure greed!

Thing is, those guys are also dealing with coke, smack and meth. 

9 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

I thought you were implying that it was the ease of growing green that was central to this phenomena when you said:

Thing is, those guys are also dealing with coke, smack and meth. 

I see what you mean:

Probably a combination of factors.

The plant is very easy to grow.

The more liberal laws of Canada in regards to marijuana. 

The huge market in the US.

The facilities already available amongst our people, such as the land/greenhouse to grow the stuff and the trucks to provide the logistics.

The fact that marijuana has been legalised in a lot of the US states has meant that revenues are probably  down for BC Bud. That is because marijuana can be grown in those US states.

There has probably been a shift into other drugs to make up the shortfall. 

Marijuana is also seen as a gateway drug which probably creates opportunities with coke, meth etc.

I believe that is what happened for Mexican smugglers. 

I am no expert on drugs as a good Sikh I refrain myself from even thinking about it.

However, it is interesting from a business perspective. Because in the end of the day it is a business,  it's just one that destroys peoples lives.

1 hour ago, Ranjeet01 said:

I

However, it is interesting from a business perspective. Because in the end of the day it is a business,  it's just one that destroys peoples lives.

Yep, and with the harder addictive stuff, it's a business that expands and creates its own markets unlike any other product. 

Guest guest

i forget what number i was on and if i am repeating myself (sorry if i am):

16.  that work/school is about having "fun", "chasing relationships/sexual relationships", and having an apathetic attitude to work/school.

work- you should act professionally and with highest ethical standards, and work honestly to earn your wage.  you should not have a bad attitude to work or the authority, deliberately mess around or slack or take unethical shortcuts.

same for school- school is ONLY for learning.  you should concentrate only on that, and only keep friends who are studious and have good morals.  forget about the "cool" kids, who are basically just wasteful idiots.  respect your teachers even if they are unpleasant.  you should appreciate the opportunity to get educated and not have a negative attitude towards it.  may the best of it that you can.

Guest Refer

Op you refer to sexist aspects of culture. 

Humans know what's right and wrong, all humans do. One can watch TV and not get sucked in. It depends on your morals and whether you buy the sex crazed culture <banned word filter activated>. A balanced human would understand that casual sex, a preoccupation with fleeting, unmeaningful sex and viewing women as simply objects of pleasure is inaccurate, boring and a waste of a precious life. 

Not to mention Incredibly disrespectful to women. One need only to look at prominent women on the bhagti path in the past as well as inspirational female figures to know that women can be great, not simply sexy bimbos as we may be portrayed to be by mainstream media. 

Women should take a stand against sexism when it's encountered. Unfortinately, brown culture promotes sexist ideals to a great length, treating many women as kitchen slaves, inferior to men and many Punjabi guys have a habit of bit*ching about women's looks, slutshaming etc. Alot of domestic violence and abuse against women etc. Sexism is sexism whatever form it takes. 

One goes hand in hand with the other. Sexism presents itself in many ways. 

Guest Charlie Chapathi

Its not just the advertisements. Its also in the movies. Its so bloody sickening. The worst is they make the white guy look like a bumbling <banned word filter activated> while the woman is all knowing and all smart. In reality its the other way around.

The root cause of the problem is feminism. White men especially need to go back to their Church, organize themselves and throw out this crap.

The West needs a religious awakening.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Topics

• Yeah heard many variations of this sakhi. Do you know what the actual source is? The point I was making is, throughout ithiaas, when Maharaaj seeked to change something, especially as big of a sanskaar as this, things have been clearer. I just find it odd that there isn't any Bani with the Sakhi - and - that a marriage ceremony came up only at the time of Guru Ramdas Ji. Big gap. Something doesn't quite add up. Hmm possibly with regards to the Pandit, although Vedic Saloks whilst walking around a Gutka? Idk about that.   Nobody is fooling themselves. For some reason, and I don't actually know why, you want the fire to be representitive of Agni Devta. A fire can symbolise many things. Meanings and definitions change (as is the case for many things within Sikhi itself); it doesn't necessarily mean it's anthropomorphized or personified in the way you want it to be. This is the same level of reasoning people use to reject the use of jyot (and other practises in common) in Gurdwaras.   I've always said, that if Namdharis were normal Sikhs, they would be one of the most rehitvaan, shardavaan Sampardas we have. Their Maryada is solid and they have many good qualities which they put into practise. Plus their Nitnem is big. I've been to Bhaini Sahib and it's really quite a sight. They have this little building where non-stop Jaap/Simran has been going on since like the 1920s. SGGSJ was prakash in one of the buidings as well; was some kinda of triple Akhand Paath going on. And fyi Ajeet, they do believe in Amrit Sanchar and Panj Kakkar, however they don't wear the Kirpan - they were banned from keeping Shastar during Brit rule and for some unbeknownst reason continued to stay without them. They have kept many Puratan traditions going. It's a shame they've fallen in other areas. And before anyone says it, no I am not promoting Namdharis or letting their manmat views off.
    • If I started this topic why does it bother u ? U probably thought I worship radasoami thete are so many fake babe in sikhi to making up fake storylines and confusing khalsa panth  
    • Sacha Sauda fake guru rampal  asaram gurbachana nirankari radasoamii  there are over 15 radasoami deer with different  guru  
    • Bro im not radasoami or going to be im proud to be guru Nanak patshah sikh I don’t need to join any fake path I had this pangti in mind which could u not explain 🙏   
    • Mate,   did you ask sikhs permission or her families permission when you entered into a relatioship with her ? If you go to smagams and have such high respect for our Guru sahiban and bani - why dont you embrace Sikhi altogether ? Does the religion matter or are you overcome by lust ? Seems like the latter is more applicable in your case. Fruitcake

Important Information

Terms of Use