Satpal singh of nanak naam - Another wacko LGBTQ liberal freak

On 7/2/2019 at 1:03 AM, AjeetSingh2019 said:

Sikhism doesn't give two hoots about anyone's sexuality. Absence of any mention of homosexuality in SGGS is screaming silently "I don't care. Come sit, we will discuss how we cross the bhavsagar " 

Unlike Bible and Quran both who have several verses describing how god destroyed sodom and gomorrah because of their homosexuality and how prophet Lot failed to warn them . All such nonsensical stories are absent in Sikhism. The entire homophobia thing was conceived by abrahamic religions and they maintain it pretty well ! although I would say reformist jews have kind of been more accepting. and several churches also are now lgbt

BTW , I still don't understand why such individuals always drag their religions in their mud . "My religion is oppressive" . No it isn't ! Oppressive is throwing you for being gay from the top of a tower. Like how islamists do .

And the dude with long beard, honestly just shear it off . Whats the point !?

I completely agree!! Thank you for being a breath of fresh air in this narrow minded, dismissive world. Let’s come together to do Simran and focus on thanking Waheguruji for everything we are and we have, instead of concentrating on our differences ??? Everyone is equally precious to God as we are His children, and He knows and accepts us for who we are. ?

What I have read on this forum, particularly in reaction to Satpal Ji and his approach to a sensitive subject with an open mind and heart, I feel is truly tragic, especially from individuals who have been graced to be born into Sikhi.  Your judgement of him isa distressing reflection of yourselves and the poorest representation and expression how beautiful the path of Sikhi is. You are ignorant and completely miss the point. The most surprising comment coming from a man who realises he is Gay and living another life but judging those strong to live by the truth of who they are.

• 1 year later...
On 7/1/2019 at 10:03 PM, Guest said:

Sikhism doesn't give two hoots about anyone's sexuality. Absence of any mention of homosexuality in SGGS is screaming silently "I don't care. Come sit, we will discuss how we cross the bhavsagar " 

Unlike Bible and Quran both who have several verses describing how god destroyed sodom and gomorrah because of their homosexuality and how prophet Lot failed to warn them . All such nonsensical stories are absent in Sikhism. The entire homophobia thing was conceived by abrahamic religions and they maintain it pretty well ! although I would say reformist jews have kind of been more accepting. and several churches also are now lgbt

BTW , I still don't understand why such individuals always drag their religions in their mud . "My religion is oppressive" . No it isn't ! Oppressive is throwing you for being gay from the top of a tower. Like how islamists do .

And the dude with long beard, honestly just shear it off . Whats the point !?

yes sri guru grnath sahib is completely universal and aide in achieiving naam for all of humanity 

shabad from sggsj is for that purpose

but calling oneself a sikh of the guru requires a certain conduct I think most of us can agree on this 

On 7/1/2019 at 9:23 AM, Redoptics said:

I always thought we don't mind any person to have any sexual orientation,  however if they are gay they can not go through with anand karaj. 

Have I got something wrong?

agreed

we DON'T mind or impose brutality upon homosexuals, BUT we do not promote it and it is not in the ideal conduct of sant-sipahi which is why one cannot go through with anand karaj for engaging in homosexual behavior since non-sikhs cannot do so and homosexual behavior does not pertain to sikh ethos 

but yeah I know lgbtq folks and we get along fine, but just dont bring in faith to justify yourselves lol 

Though we are one community, unfortunately we all live in different realities. Trying to convince pro gay Sikhs that homosexuality is wrong in Sikhi, is like convincing us lot that homosexuality is acceptable in Sikhi and anand karaj.

We live in completely different realities and worlds. 

I feel like a dinosaur among some Sikhs!  Same age, same country, same community, but two completely different worlds. 

Nothing you can do tbh ... 

Someone sent me a video a few weeks back of a Punjabi and Gujji gay wedding in London! They did lavan in their house, had a tape playing lavan. 

My mum works in a hospital and she was telling my dad how an asian man is in the hospital because he had a stroke when his son told him he's gay. Feel so sorry for the dad, no man deserves that. 

• 1 year later...
On 5/5/2021 at 6:56 AM, NaamTiharoJoJape said:

agreed

we DON'T mind or impose brutality upon homosexuals, BUT we do not promote it and it is not in the ideal conduct of sant-sipahi which is why one cannot go through with anand karaj for engaging in homosexual behavior since non-sikhs cannot do so and homosexual behavior does not pertain to sikh ethos 

but yeah I know lgbtq folks and we get along fine, but just dont bring in faith to justify yourselves lol 

On 5/5/2021 at 2:10 PM, puzzled said:

Though we are one community, unfortunately we all live in different realities. Trying to convince pro gay Sikhs that homosexuality is wrong in Sikhi, is like convincing us lot that homosexuality is acceptable in Sikhi and anand karaj.

We live in completely different realities and worlds. 

I feel like a dinosaur among some Sikhs!  Same age, same country, same community, but two completely different worlds. 

Nothing you can do tbh ... 

To be honest, when lgbtq+ stuff starts happening by prachariks like dhadri, nsj and sukha, then we also need to bring these personalities into the conversation. since dhadri and his associates nsj have alreadybeen excommunicated by akal takht, should we not be bringing them into conversations. Also Sukha's situation, where he mentioned to someone that a Singh in a dera, maybe a Nihang Singh, put his hands down his pants. Then we need to mention this negative behaviours that probably turns people like sukha into doing gay stuff. Similarly, dhadri influenced the nsj Harinder into doing the gay stuff. Like there's an activator who then passes the behaviour onto others, sometimes in a cult like dhadri/nsj.

On 5/5/2021 at 2:14 PM, puzzled said:

Someone sent me a video a few weeks back of a Punjabi and Gujji gay wedding in London! They did lavan in their house, had a tape playing lavan. 

My mum works in a hospital and she was telling my dad how an asian man is in the hospital because he had a stroke when his son told him he's gay. Feel so sorry for the dad, no man deserves that. 

It's actually kinda good that they didn't do it in a gurdwara like those weirdoes in usa, who put shameless pics of one of them sitting on the laps of the other. Why do people like that want Anand Karaj when they don't even know how to behave in public, what does Guru Maharaj mean for them?

On 5/11/2022 at 7:15 PM, ipledgeblue said:

To be honest, when lgbtq+ stuff starts happening by prachariks like dhadri, nsj and sukha, then we also need to bring these personalities into the conversation. since dhari and his associates nsj have alrdeay been excommunicated by akal takht, should we not be bringing them into conversations. Also Sukha's situation, where he mentioned to someone that a Singh a dera, maybe a Nihang Singh, put his hands down his pants. Then we need to mention this negative behaviours that probably turns people like sukha into doing gay stuff. Similarly, dhadri influenced the nsj Harinder into doing the gay stuff. Like there's an activator who then passes the behaviour onto others, sometimes in a cult like dhari/nsj.

This is an interesting point. I think some young people are 'turned' this way by devious, exploitative older folk (look at boarding schools for example). 

It's quite common knowledge that many (not all) who abuse, were abused themselves when younger (not that this excuses it). Many years ago, an expert on this topic told me that such predators are extremely devious and weasel themselves into positions where they can access vulnerable targets whilst also hiding behind a façade, so tight-knit religious groups would be an obvious target -  and we've seen how this has panned out in other communities like RCs.  Plus those of us in the UK should know how hordes of such abusers collected in 'respectable' <cough, cough> orgs like the BBC. 

I listened a video by BIll Burr a short while ago, and he mentioned how people often have a tendency to recreate and relive terrible experiences from their childhoods.  I think some of the predators try and recreate the past in this way but with roles reversed where they are not the victim this time but rather the protagonist. Weak minds work funnily like that.  Even if the abuse doesn't turn them gay or into a nonce - they will probably struggle with guilt and whatnot. 

The other thing is majority influence - and a lot of immigrant minorities will inevitably get influenced by the cultural norms of the host society - and within my own life - so much has changed in the country I've grown up in in terms of the attitudes towards 'alternative' sexual lifestyles. From people being attacked and murdered for being gay to being able to get gender reassignment surgery from the state. There used to be an idea that men were men, and women were women - but that's gone in mainstream society now. 

Raising kids in the west will be tricky these days. That being said, I know that fruity/freaky/deviant stuff used to take place (still takes place?) in rural Panjab too. Maybe whites have just brought it out in the open and mainstreamed it more? 

10 hours ago, dallysingh101 said:

Raising kids in the west will be tricky these days. That being said, I know that fruity/freaky/deviant stuff used to take place (still takes place?) in rural Panjab too. Maybe whites have just brought it out in the open and mainstreamed it more? 

like even many times in real life and imitated a lot these days on fictional tv shows, people seem to turn gay/lesbian because either they were "experimenting" because teens and 20s are considered too young for a life partner these days, or because they had an experience with someone of the same gender and decided that they are into gay/lesbian. Also some of these experiences are due to being drunk or high on drugs.

Discounting all those people who have had same sex feelings from a young age, the people I mentioned above seem to have a lack of control on their 5 vikaar/  chor such as lust kaam. It goes even further when you hear about the multiple gay partner thing such as in the 80s and 90s which exploded in a hiv pandemic, and I think gays still do this right? And it just makes it obvious that some of these men are doing this to satisfy their kaam lust as opposed to "just" being attracted to men, especially when I hear about this peadophilia stuff going on many decades even in usa and british governments and movie stars! A lot of being attracted to men and children is out-of-control lust kaam, maybe it is an offshoot of the sexual revolution of the 60s which was also out of control kaam.