Satpal singh of nanak naam - Another wacko LGBTQ liberal freak

1 hour ago, Not2Cool2Argue said:

Thx for apologising 😉;)

You want an apology.  That's funny

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
On 7/29/2019 at 2:35 PM, ipledgeblue said:

yes the Kenya sikh women always had a bad rep when they came UK, they were known for cutting their hair when indian sikh women were still not at the time! Also I used to see a lot more east africa sikh girls showing their lattan in pics like a decade ago than british indian sikh girls. Times have changes in even a decade, the british indian sikh girls have also started doing the same things the kenya aunties and their daughters were known for.

oh dear everyones' intelligence has departed due to glassy. What Guru Nanak says in bani is true!!!

Yeah Kenyan sikhs are a wild bunch, too liberal and westernized. There's this atheist Kenyan Punjabi that works with me and he said when he came to the UK 5 years ago he had a cultural shock because the punjabis in the UK are conservative and traditional!  I was thinking if he finds UK punjabis conservative imagine what they live like in kenya! 

Westernized British punjabis are similar to Kenyan sikhs. 

I remember the Kenyan aunties back in the 90s Were wild party girls lol.  Whenever any puniabi party would blast out "tu cheez hai bari mast mast" or " dhol jageero tha" they would break that dance floor like no one else   LMAO  

We had a few local rowdy Kenyan aunties back in the days, one always used to wear leopard print LMAO    Crazy days 

Urban sikhs from delhi and Chandigarh are another bunch that are too liberal and westernized.

Their similar to the gora-fyed British punjabis. 

as for British punjabis I'm noticing a divide between the tradition/conservative ones and the westernized gora-fyed ones, especially among young people. I think this gap is gnna get wider. 

It's quite disconcerting looking around at your supposed "own people" and realising that despite not being backwards and riddled with strange cultural hang-ups, you have very little in common with the most of the community. It's a greater wake-up call when one realises there's more of a common ground between yourself and people belonging to other races and religions who share similar traditional values rooted in simple living, restraint, and general socially conservative values. Apne of all flavours are exhausting on so many levels. Waheguru mehar kare.

Edited by MisterrSingh
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, MisterrSingh said:

It's quite disconcerting looking around at your supposed "own people" and realising that despite not being backwards and riddled with strange cultural hang-ups, you have very little in common with the most of the community. It's a greater wake-up call when one realises there's more of a common ground between yourself and people belonging to other races and religions who share similar traditional values rooted in simple living, restraint, and general socially conservative values. Apne of all flavours are exhausting on so many levels. Waheguru mehar kare.

Malechh Khalsa maybe . Where is the real Khalsa then ? Does it even exist on the earthly plane anymore

1 hour ago, AjeetSingh2019 said:

Malechh Khalsa maybe . Where is the real Khalsa then ? Does it even exist on the earthly plane anymore

The Khalsa is a separate issue. I'm referring to the average, everyday Sikh with Punjabi heritage, however we may choose to define them.

7 hours ago, MisterrSingh said:

The Khalsa is a separate issue. I'm referring to the average, everyday Sikh with Punjabi heritage, however we may choose to define them.

It's all about proper upbringing , plus lifestyle of parents themselves. In most such cases , parents themselves are utterly clueless about their own Sikh heritage , have no basic understanding of sikhi theology and beliefs , most don't even Know the names of ten Sikh gurus, let alone anything else. It's almost to the point as if they're sorry for being sikhs themselves. Then the kind of kids they bring up is in front of u lol

27 minutes ago, AjeetSingh2019 said:

It's all about proper upbringing , plus lifestyle of parents themselves. In most such cases , parents themselves are utterly clueless about their own Sikh heritage , have no basic understanding of sikhi theology and beliefs , most don't even Know the names of ten Sikh gurus, let alone anything else. It's almost to the point as if they're sorry for being sikhs themselves. Then the kind of kids they bring up is in front of u lol

My point was that a person doesn't have to throw their lot in with the religious and mystical in an overly abundant way in order to live a life of simplicity, restraint, and decency. There's a coarse, restless obnoxiousness coupled with a shallow superficiality that radiates from many people of Punjabi background in the West. It's near impossible to make a meaningful connection in a way that brings a sense of serenity to interactions. Is that a symptom of the original culture, or the result of a hybridisation of the worst aspects of both cultures (East and West), or is it something that stems from the metaphysical and therefore hard-wired beyond habits and learned behaviour? Knowing religious facts and figures and dates and special events isn't indicative of anything meaningful imo. It's the sprouting of a seed prior to something better, but in isolation it means very little when the consciousness functions on a limited or lower baseline.

18 hours ago, MisterrSingh said:

There's a coarse, restless obnoxiousness coupled with a shallow superficiality that radiates from many people of Punjabi background in the West

its not just in west, even in india . 

18 hours ago, MisterrSingh said:

Knowing religious facts and figures and dates and special events isn't indicative of anything meaningful imo. It's the sprouting of a seed prior to something better, but in isolation it means very little when the consciousness functions on a limited or lower baseline

that sounds like the description of your average amritdhari 😛 no offense

2 hours ago, AjeetSingh2019 said:

that sounds like the description of your average amritdhari 😛 no offense

Maybe I'm being naïve, but I believe most people who take the step to become Amritdhari do so from a place of goodness and noble intentions. 

• Like 1

On 8/2/2019 at 10:51 AM, MisterrSingh said:

It's near impossible to make a meaningful connection in a way that brings a sense of serenity to interactions. Is that a symptom of the original culture, or the result of a hybridisation of the worst aspects of both cultures (East and West), or is it something that stems from the metaphysical and therefore hard-wired beyond habits and learned behaviour? Knowing religious facts and figures and dates and special events isn't indicative of anything meaningful im

Its not a symptom of the original culture. My grandmother talks about her mom was all about work hard and look after your own and dont stay away from the gossipers.  Theres a lack of sabar and something else in our lot.  

It seems they have got the vices and Bad things of both the east and west in an awful amalgmation. They let go of the easts good things without adopting the west good qualities. 

I hate to harp on colonialism, but that is another effect. 

I was reading the book by bhai veer singh, who was experiencing this at the time of the british raj, and details it very nicely in the book Baba Naudh Singh. About how along with suoerstitions our ppl got rid of the good stuff.

• Like 1