Is 'Sikhi' Devine from Waheguru or from a guy called 'Guru Nanak Ji'

13 minutes ago, Dsinghdp said:

He was Sargun saroop of Waheguru.

Some Hindus claim he was avatar of Vishnu but obviously he joined everyone with Waheguru (hence is greater).

And Muslims call him peer.

Personally think we have lost our ways of what 'Sikhi' is we as 'Sikhs' need to educate our own and anyone else

3 hours ago, Redoptics said:

Personally think we have lost our ways of what 'Sikhi' is we as 'Sikhs' need to educate our own and anyone else

Broyou only have to look at themessage andcompare against what other socalled peers and pegamburs said, it is clear this was non human gian, divine in depth and scope , the ultimate truth-which was, is and shall always be

4 hours ago, Redoptics said:

So just a question,  on how we think these days, do you think 'Sikhi' is Devine coming straight from Waheguru or just made up from 'Guru Nanak Ji' for me and my learnings they are one and the same.

Would be interested in your thoughts.

।ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕਾ ਖ਼ਾਲਸਾ।।ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕੀ ਫ਼ਤਹਿ।

ਸੁਣੀਪੁਕਾਰਿਦਾਤਾਰਪ੍ਰਭੁਗੁਰੁਨਾਨਕਜਗਮਾਹਿਪਠਾਇਆ।

The benefactor Lord listened to the cries (of humanity) and sent Guru Nanak to this world.

Guru Gobind Singh ji Maharaaj also says they were sent by Vaheguru ji

ਅਕਾਲਪੁਰਖਬਾਚ॥

The Word of the Non-Temporal Lord:

ਚੌਪਈ॥

CHAUPAI

ਮੈਅਪਨਾਸੁਤਤੋਹਿਨਿਵਾਜਾ॥ਪੰਥਪ੍ਰਚੁਰਕਰਬੇਕਹੁਸਾਜਾ॥

I have adopted you as my son and hath created you for the propagation of the path (Panth).

ਜਾਹਿਤਹਾਂਤੈਧਰਮੁਚਲਾਇ॥ਕਬੁਧਿਕਰਨਤੇਲੋਕਹਟਾਇ॥੨੯॥

“You go therefore for the spread of Dharma (righteousness) and cause people to retrace their steps from evil actions”.29.

So it's clear that Guru Sahibaan were not just random people but enlightened beings that were one with God and sent by God themselves.

Going back to the question, it is both Guru Sahib's path (not random though) and Divine because Vaheguru has blessed us with it.

Dhan Guru Ramdas ji Maharaaj also states:

ਸਤਿਗੁਰਕੀਬਾਣੀਸਤਿਸਤਿਕਰਿਜਾਣਹੁਗੁਰਸਿਖਹੁਹਰਿਕਰਤਾਆਪਿਮੁਹਹੁਕਢਾਏ॥

O GurSikhs, know that the Bani, the Word of the True Guru, is true, absolutely true. The Creator Lord Himself causes the Guru to chant it.

ਖ਼ਾਲਸਾਅਕਾਲਪੁਰਖਕੀਫ਼ੌਜ॥

ਪ੍ਰਗਟਿਓਖ਼ਾਲਸਾਪ੍ਰਮਾਤਮਕੀਮੌਜ॥

The final line shows that the Khalsa (meaning Nirmal/pure like in Nanak Nirmal Panth Chalaieya) was created by Vaheguru Ji's Happiness.

।ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕਾ ਖ਼ਾਲਸਾ।।ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕੀ ਫ਼ਤਹਿ।

OP why are you using such a foul language against our most revered sikh guru ? and on dp you have a singhni's pic . What a shame ! are you from one of those coconut families ?

Sikhi is definitely divine, and part of waheguru's plan. Start reading guru granth sahib . It will help you

8 hours ago, RajKaregaKhalsa1 said:

ਸੁਣੀਪੁਕਾਰਿਦਾਤਾਰਪ੍ਰਭੁਗੁਰੁਨਾਨਕਜਗਮਾਹਿਪਠਾਇਆ।

The benefactor Lord listened to the cries (of humanity) and sent Guru Nanak to this world.

Your quotes are appreciated, but please don't post larivar (unbroken) Gurbani.

The people on this site are learners, if they already knew enough Gurbani to read in in larivar, they wouldn't need to ask questions.

49 minutes ago, AjeetSingh2019 said:

OP why are you using such a foul language against our most revered sikh guru ? and on dp you have a singhni's pic . What a shame ! are you from one of those coconut families ?

Don't shame him for asking a quesiton, bro.

Plenty of Sikh kids in the West (and India!) think Sikhi is just some minor religion, and maybe Christianity is the real deal because the Christians never cease to remind us that Jesus is "the way, the truth and the light."

It's better for him to ask and get an answer out there that someone reading this board can learn from than to not ask the question.

As for the "singhni's pic", it's a made-up painting (of Mata Bhago ji?). It's not like it's someone he secretly took a picture of in college.

52 minutes ago, AjeetSingh2019 said:

Sikhi is definitely divine, and part of waheguru's plan. Start reading guru granth sahib . It will help you

Agreed.

Guest GuestSingh
20 hours ago, AjeetSingh2019 said:

hypocrite.

the living guru is jus an 'it' to u now?

4 hours ago, GuestSingh said:
On 7/1/2019 at 9:57 PM, AjeetSingh2019 said:

hypocrite.

the living guru is jus an 'it' to u now?

I don't think that's what he meant.

I think he just mean "it" in the way it's commonly used in English. "It" doesn't refer to anything, it's just the way you construct the sentence in English.

I.e., 

It's raining.

What's raining? Nothing. 

"Read books. It'll help your English".

It doesn't refer to books because books is plural, it is singular. Rather it refers to "reading."

Or "Call your Mom. It'll help you."

Here "it" refers to "calling".

Similarly, "it will help you" refers to the act of reading Guru Granth Sahib ji.

"it" does not refer to Guru Granth Sahib.