Jump to content
Guest Jigsaw_Puzzled_Singh

West Midlands Police = enemy of the Sikh nation

Recommended Posts

Guest Jigsaw_Puzzled_Singh

Something is seriously SERIOUSLY wrong with West Midlands Police at the highest level. It is abundantly clear that they are doing the Indian Government and Punjab Police's evil bidding on their behalf on these shores.  I salute those young Sikhs that bravely confronted them at the Handsworth Nagar Kirtan a few months ago and threw them out of local Gurdwaras where they were attempting to go on a recruitment campaign but........buried yesterday on one of the Charity Commission's online webpages was truly disturbing news. The Charity Commission stated that West Midlands police approached the charity commission around October last year (around the same time that the Indian Government / Punjab Police asked West Midlands police to raid the homes of Sikhs) and asked that they fully investigate all source of funds going to Sikh Youth UK. The Charity Commission yesterday decided that a full investigation into Sikh funds would now begin. 

If you're wondering what yesterday was then....it was day 1 of our demonization as a community. Always remember that date but, more importantly, always remember what West Midlands Police, at the highest level, is doing to the Sikhs. All contact / co-operation between the Sikhs and West Midlands Police must stop immediately and any Sikh that works for that despicable group of rozzers

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/commission-announces-inquiry-into-funds-connected-with-sikh-youth-uk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

WJKK WJKF 

Sikh Youth Uk were doing a good job but now I don't know what's going on cause nobody is giving any updates soooooo I'm a bit confused 😐 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AkalkiFauj said:

WJKK WJKF 

Sikh Youth Uk were doing a good job but now I don't know what's going on cause nobody is giving any updates soooooo I'm a bit confused 😐 

Sikh Youth UK Official statement on recent sevadaar arrests

On the morning of July 3rd 2019 two members of our team were arrested by the West Midlands Police Counter-Terror Unit in Birmingham. The Sikh Youth UK team would like to officially clarify our thoughts and position regarding these arrests to provide clarity on the situation.

Firstly, the entire SYUK team would like to thank the sadh sangat, Sikh organisations, Gurdwareh representatives and University Sikh Socieities that showed us support through this period. The immense support, which includes people doing Paath and Ardasa for us, has been overwhelming and means more to us than anything else going on around this incident.

In regards to the arrests, we are not surprised and have been expecting them for a long time. The West Midlands Police are known for their underhanded tactics; from threatening people they arrest to mocking anti-racism movements (1) to the fact that Asian and Black officers being four times more likely to be suspended by the force, these facts show us what often drives their so-called policing.

In regards to our case specifically, we are well aware what has driven the WMP Counter-Terrorism Unit actions against us. Our team have been very vocal on the case of Jagtar Singh Johal and the #FreeJaggiNow campaign. Through those directly communicating with Jaggi, we learnt that pictures of UK Sikh activists – which included our own Deepa Singh – were shown to Jaggi to establish who to target in relation to the campaign in his name. It was soon found these pictures were ones that only the WMP could have provided to the Indian authorities.

With Jaggi facing torture and constant mental abuse, once it was established that those shown to him were important to the #FreeJaggiNow campaign, the West Midlands Police Counter-Terrorism Unit began targeting five Sikhs, which started with raids last year in September and ended with property being taken, no arrests made and the beginning of pressure and harassment against those part of or affiliated with the SYUK team.

Indian media (in posts we will not be sharing) soon began to boast about the ‘diplomatic pressure’ which was used to enforce the raids against Sikh activists. Indian authorities’ actions against Sikhs that speak out about their human rights abuses is well known. Yet, this did not stop WMP working at their behest, in a collusion that seems to go up to the highest levels of government. All of this has been backed up by the findings of lawyer Gareth Peirce, who spoke about it in parliament (3).

The WMP completely ignored questions put to them about these raids by us, other Sikh organisations and even media. Because of this treatment, it was decided between a conglomerate of Sikh organisations that police presence in a promotional capacity would be banned at Sikh events.

We are also aware that throughout all these incidents Sikh officers in the WMP have been constantly pressured into working against Sikh activists, particularly against SYUK. This push towards division in the community shows contempt for all Sikhs.

For the last year, at several different events, WMP officers and others have been forced to leave Sikh events after sangat made clear they were not welcome to promote their organization whilst the issues surrounding the raids remain undealt with.

As such, the WMP have been looking to defame SYUK. The fact a Counter-Terror Unit raid has led to a Charities Commission inquiry highlights just how hard this has been for them. Furthermore, their targeting of a 49-year-old female that does nothing more than behind the scenes seva for SYUK highlights just how far they are willing to go against us. This sister was intimidated and mistreated throughout the ordeal of being arrested. The needless aggression shown against her was an attempt to send a message to our entire team.

The fact that within minutes of the arrests the news was in the media also highlights the intention of the WMP Counter-Terror Unit. They have not only shown they don’t care about prejudicing any possible trials, they have mainly shown they wish to use the media to tarnish the reputation of SYUK team, who serve the Sikh community.

By placing the thought in the mind of those that follow our work that funds we raised could have been misused, WMP, along with their support from the Charities Commission and of course Indian authorities, have attacked the part of us that carries most power; our support from the sangat.

If you would like us to clarify anything regarding this smear campaign then please feel free to contact us to arrange a meeting and discussion. We have always been open and accessible to the public. We have already and will continue to hold meetings to speak with Sikh organisations and sangat about this situation.

We will continue to take a stand for what is right and what is best for the Sikh community. In doing so, we only seek the support of Akaal Purakh VaheGuru.

(1) - https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2018/jul/11/west-midlands-police-officer-disciplined-for-comments-caught-on-camera

(2) - https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/black-and-asian-officers-in-west-midlands-police-almost-four-times-more-likely-to-be-suspended-from-10226855.html

(3) - https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=1983464698617581

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

British will do anything to curry favour with Indian administration. We know what the Indians obtain from the relationship (pressure on political opponents / NRI minority communities who are a thorn in their side) but what do the British get in return? Possible economic deal post-No Deal Brexit? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MisterrSingh said:

British will do anything to curry favour with Indian administration. We know what the Indians obtain from the relationship (pressure on political opponents / NRI minority communities who are a thorn in their side) but what do the British get in return? Possible economic deal post-No Deal Brexit? 

Like they haven't always endeavoured to keep Singhs in check either dude (from the get go)......usually through appealing to peasant vanities, and as a solution to desperate economic situations (which they themselves create - start a fire and then act like firemen to the simple minded  - who then view them as benevolent saviours). 

Do you seriously think these people have ever liked Singhs outside of the docile hordes they've completely owned like super useful pets? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

Like they haven't always endeavoured to keep Singhs in check either dude (from the get go)......usually through appealing to peasant vanities, and as a solution to desperate economic situations (which they themselves create - start a fire and then act like firemen to the simple minded  - who then view them as benevolent saviours). 

Do you seriously think these people have ever liked Singhs outside of the docile hordes they've completely owned like super useful pets? 

There's always an angle when it comes to the big boys. It goes beyond not liking the look of someone or a group. So, why now of all periods are they doing Indian bidding?  Pre-emptive clipping of wings of a community that potentially could prove to be a problem for them in the future when the bakwaas they're pushing becomes intolerable? Or am I overestimating our reach?

Edited by MisterrSingh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MisterrSingh said:

There's always an angle when it comes to the big boys. It goes beyond not liking the look of someone or a group. So, why now of all periods are they doing Indian bidding?  Pre-emptive clipping of wings of a group that potentially could prove to be a problem for them in the future when the bakwaas they're pushing becomes intolerable? Or am I overestimating our reach?

I get where you're going, and there is truth to it (imo), but I also think that sullay and goray in the establishment are colluding to create a new bogeyman, to take heat off their own kartootan. One they feel is a safer bet to harass than other potential targets. 

Other than that, going back to my last post - this is nothing new - whenever apnay have asserted themselves and their issues - wasps have either outright attacked them, or turned a blind eye whilst others did. Unless you are being their docile, canon fodder, or just a toothless civilian who daren't stick their neck out, they don't really like thinking active Singhs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/4/2019 at 11:22 AM, Guest Jigsaw_Puzzled_Singh said:

Something is seriously SERIOUSLY wrong with West Midlands Police at the highest level. It is abundantly clear that they are doing the Indian Government and Punjab Police's evil bidding on their behalf on these shores.  I salute those young Sikhs that bravely confronted them at the Handsworth Nagar Kirtan a few months ago and threw them out of local Gurdwaras where they were attempting to go on a recruitment campaign but........buried yesterday on one of the Charity Commission's online webpages was truly disturbing news. The Charity Commission stated that West Midlands police approached the charity commission around October last year (around the same time that the Indian Government / Punjab Police asked West Midlands police to raid the homes of Sikhs) and asked that they fully investigate all source of funds going to Sikh Youth UK. The Charity Commission yesterday decided that a full investigation into Sikh funds would now begin. 

If you're wondering what yesterday was then....it was day 1 of our demonization as a community. Always remember that date but, more importantly, always remember what West Midlands Police, at the highest level, is doing to the Sikhs. All contact / co-operation between the Sikhs and West Midlands Police must stop immediately and any Sikh that works for that despicable group of rozzers

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/commission-announces-inquiry-into-funds-connected-with-sikh-youth-uk

Don't let them get away with it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎7‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 10:18 PM, GuestSingh said:

Sikh Youth UK Official statement on recent sevadaar arrests

On the morning of July 3rd 2019 two members of our team were arrested by the West Midlands Police Counter-Terror Unit in Birmingham. The Sikh Youth UK team would like to officially clarify our thoughts and position regarding these arrests to provide clarity on the situation.

Firstly, the entire SYUK team would like to thank the sadh sangat, Sikh organisations, Gurdwareh representatives and University Sikh Socieities that showed us support through this period. The immense support, which includes people doing Paath and Ardasa for us, has been overwhelming and means more to us than anything else going on around this incident.

In regards to the arrests, we are not surprised and have been expecting them for a long time. The West Midlands Police are known for their underhanded tactics; from threatening people they arrest to mocking anti-racism movements (1) to the fact that Asian and Black officers being four times more likely to be suspended by the force, these facts show us what often drives their so-called policing.

In regards to our case specifically, we are well aware what has driven the WMP Counter-Terrorism Unit actions against us. Our team have been very vocal on the case of Jagtar Singh Johal and the #FreeJaggiNow campaign. Through those directly communicating with Jaggi, we learnt that pictures of UK Sikh activists – which included our own Deepa Singh – were shown to Jaggi to establish who to target in relation to the campaign in his name. It was soon found these pictures were ones that only the WMP could have provided to the Indian authorities.

With Jaggi facing torture and constant mental abuse, once it was established that those shown to him were important to the #FreeJaggiNow campaign, the West Midlands Police Counter-Terrorism Unit began targeting five Sikhs, which started with raids last year in September and ended with property being taken, no arrests made and the beginning of pressure and harassment against those part of or affiliated with the SYUK team.

Indian media (in posts we will not be sharing) soon began to boast about the ‘diplomatic pressure’ which was used to enforce the raids against Sikh activists. Indian authorities’ actions against Sikhs that speak out about their human rights abuses is well known. Yet, this did not stop WMP working at their behest, in a collusion that seems to go up to the highest levels of government. All of this has been backed up by the findings of lawyer Gareth Peirce, who spoke about it in parliament (3).

The WMP completely ignored questions put to them about these raids by us, other Sikh organisations and even media. Because of this treatment, it was decided between a conglomerate of Sikh organisations that police presence in a promotional capacity would be banned at Sikh events.

We are also aware that throughout all these incidents Sikh officers in the WMP have been constantly pressured into working against Sikh activists, particularly against SYUK. This push towards division in the community shows contempt for all Sikhs.

For the last year, at several different events, WMP officers and others have been forced to leave Sikh events after sangat made clear they were not welcome to promote their organization whilst the issues surrounding the raids remain undealt with.

As such, the WMP have been looking to defame SYUK. The fact a Counter-Terror Unit raid has led to a Charities Commission inquiry highlights just how hard this has been for them. Furthermore, their targeting of a 49-year-old female that does nothing more than behind the scenes seva for SYUK highlights just how far they are willing to go against us. This sister was intimidated and mistreated throughout the ordeal of being arrested. The needless aggression shown against her was an attempt to send a message to our entire team.

The fact that within minutes of the arrests the news was in the media also highlights the intention of the WMP Counter-Terror Unit. They have not only shown they don’t care about prejudicing any possible trials, they have mainly shown they wish to use the media to tarnish the reputation of SYUK team, who serve the Sikh community.

By placing the thought in the mind of those that follow our work that funds we raised could have been misused, WMP, along with their support from the Charities Commission and of course Indian authorities, have attacked the part of us that carries most power; our support from the sangat.

If you would like us to clarify anything regarding this smear campaign then please feel free to contact us to arrange a meeting and discussion. We have always been open and accessible to the public. We have already and will continue to hold meetings to speak with Sikh organisations and sangat about this situation.

We will continue to take a stand for what is right and what is best for the Sikh community. In doing so, we only seek the support of Akaal Purakh VaheGuru.

(1) - https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2018/jul/11/west-midlands-police-officer-disciplined-for-comments-caught-on-camera

(2) - https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/black-and-asian-officers-in-west-midlands-police-almost-four-times-more-likely-to-be-suspended-from-10226855.html

(3) - https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=1983464698617581

Thank you bhaji. The SYUK youtube channel wasn't giving any info

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, AkalkiFauj said:

True

Our private details are passed on to the authorities. At the risk of sounding nutty, someone obviously seems to be watching and reading. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MisterrSingh said:

Our private details are passed on to the authorities. At the risk of sounding nutty, someone obviously seems to be watching and reading. 

True. The Indian Government is spying on active singhs through the police

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, chatanga1 said:

Don't let them get away with it.

Any call to boycott government jobs in the UK or USA or Canada is the wrong action.  We as a Sikh community want fairness and equality for all.  These are the type of people that need to be in positions of government.   Many Sikhs are taking government jobs and making a change.  This needs to continue and this will lead to progress. 

What we are lacking in is Gurmat teachings.   If every Sikh read one ang of Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji everyday.  We as a group will flourish.  Gurbani is the backbone of the Khalsa panth and we have forgotten to focus our attention here.  Instead we get mad and physically get out in the street and do something thoughtless.   Deal with these corrupt Government agencies through the court.  Government is made up of people and people will always make mistakes and oppress the minority groups. The officials in the government will always support their kind and special interests groups.  India is a special interest group of UK.  Bring law suits against specific officials in the government that are targeting Sikhs for being Sikhs.  These officials can only handle so much pressure before they break and they appoint another person in that position.   Then continue to chase the next group of officials and it will put these officials on their heels.  If we do something dramatic like physically attack.  Then they got us on our heels and we are backed in a corner.  Always corner these guys and they are mimicking instead of on the offensive.  

Get human right activists to join in on the fight.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

Guest
You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...



×

Important Information

Terms of Use