Modern-day singhs being weak.

I've been working out all sorts of old postural kinks and injuries lately through Naam Simran and heavy labor, and the places that I've been sorting out, more like witnessing getting sorted out,

On 10/7/2021 at 4:09 AM, dallysingh101 said:

Anything beats not training. These workouts have their merits. 

are all linking back to old injuries and exercises I used to do a lot I no longer recommend, mainly crunches, sit ups and pushups. I'm no longer convinced about these types of small isolated ranges of motion, I recommend larger, compound, functional movements. If I were to use weights these days it wouldn't look like the way people lift, if would simply use them to "weight" full range of motion movements these days. 

On 10/7/2021 at 3:49 AM, Premi5 said:

@dallysingh101

What do you think about the old school workouts done by Indian pehlwaans and kabbadis ?

10 hours ago, MisterrSingh said:

I incorporate some of those exercises in my workout. They keep me limber and fit. Weights have their place, too, but there's no point in having a brilliantly aesthetic physique if you can't get out of a chair past the age of 50.

Well then. Those quotes didn't all go where I wanted. Ignore their placent. 

1 hour ago, GurjantGnostic said:

I've been working out all sorts of old postural kinks and injuries lately through Naam Simran and heavy labor, and the places that I've been sorting out, more like witnessing getting sorted out, are all linking back to old injuries and exercises I used to do a lot I no longer recommend, mainly crunches, sit ups and pushups. I'm no longer convinced about these types of small isolated ranges of motion, I recommend larger, compound, functional movements. If I were to use weights these days it wouldn't look like the way people lift, if would simply use them to "weight" full range of motion movements these days. 

When guys are young and train, they usually go in heavy at some point. Muscle inbalances are an issue long term and also, as people tend to do the classic weight exercises, certain important supporting muscles get neglected and cause issues later on. It's very important to work the rotator cuff muscles and mid, lower traps. 

Certain exercises that were common a few decades ago have now been shown to be potentially injurious: like barbell shoulder presses behind the neck. Shoulders are something we need to be careful of too.   

5 minutes ago, MisterrSingh said:

Dumbbell squats (hold the dumbbell vertically so it hangs down, not horizontally) then do normal squats. Especially good for those with back or knee injuries as opposed to normal barbell squats.

Hindu pushups, standard pushups, planks. A speed skipping rope session is a good fat blaster.

That's pretty much it. I find if I focus I can target chest and arms for a burn. I'm honestly done with curling for aesthetics. I do like blasting my traps, though. Very heavy dumbbells, 5 sets, 30 seconds rest in-between. Good stuff for getting Bane-like traps.

Watch out for inbalances by dominant upper traps. Apparently I had them (bricklaying heavy blocks probably didn't help), and had to go physio where they taught me a few exercises to isolate the much neglected mid and lower trap.  

Get those face pulls in too! Don't forget the rotator cuff - you can exercise them with those elastic bands.