Modern-day singhs being weak.

7 hours ago, MisterrSingh said:

If I was being harsh I could say this attitude eventually lead to the  quasi-spiritual-liberalism of today's Sikhs where everything goes and nothing or nobody is ever wrong or bad by dint of the jot inside of us all. It's an attitude that's been abused and taken advantage of by weak people in weak times.

The non-harrassment of non-combatants and the vulnerable is something, however, I don't have a problem with, btw.

Although I fully agree with the highlighted bit, I think you've got two individual strains of thought or cultures enmeshed erroneously. What we read in the Persian source is the result of Dasmesh Pita's endeavours and spirit. We can look at the above text with some earlier rahat-namas and start to form a fuller picture of some earlier Singhs.  They were getting ready to sacrifice and rule. They were genuinely and deeply influenced by Sikhi 'ideology' (for want of a better word), probably over generations by our Guru's themselves (whether indirectly). The above is one or two generations removed from Dasmesh Pita himself.   What it does show is that our forefathers transcended their innate pendu savagery without being remotely emasculated.  A generation or two after the above, someone from this background, went on to rule the region, taking in large swathes of sullah dominated lands in too. 

Don't get the above mixed up with modern post-liberal thought (that I'd say started here in the 'swinging sixties'?)  

The above extract points at Sikh power, bravery, humanity, tenacity and dexterity. The other stuff you mentioned is just some modern excuse for CP action from an outside western culture. And (I'll say it again!) the logical outcome of 'modren Sikhism'. 

But let's keep it real. It isn't like the mindset/code of conduct referenced in that extract lingered on (and Jagjit Singh in his excellent The Sikh Revolution goes into detail about why). By the time partition happened our lot were raping and murdering in retaliation with the best of them.  

9 hours ago, dallysingh101 said:

Don't get the above mixed up with modern post-liberal thought (that I'd say started here in the 'swinging sixties'?) 

How about 1715 onwards in Europe at least.

It's not even our f****g Enlightenment! Our pappus and sheep have taken on another continent's cultural and intellectual reforms and melded it onto our religion, and then tried to pass it off as if it's always been this way.

10 hours ago, MisterrSingh said:

How about 1715 onwards in Europe at least.

It's not even our f****g Enlightenment! Our pappus and sheep have taken on another continent's cultural and intellectual reforms and melded it onto our religion, and then tried to pass it off as if it's always been this way.

Enlightenment means dumping the Christian texts and then stealing Eastern knowledge and then claiming that you came to it all by yourself. 

44 minutes ago, GurjantGnostic said:

That's a classic move right there. 

Abrahamic ways are limited. 

It's only when the European started to take on the Eastern ways that any technological progress was made. 

Your Celtic people are really a Dharmic people. That is where your true roots are. 

The RC church does not fit well with the Irish which is why there is such vitriol against the Church in Ireland. The Irish need to come back to Dharma 

4 hours ago, Ranjeet01 said:

Abrahamic ways are limited. 

It's only when the European started to take on the Eastern ways that any technological progress was made. 

Your Celtic people are really a Dharmic people. That is where your true roots are. 

The RC church does not fit well with the Irish which is why there is such vitriol against the Church in Ireland. The Irish need to come back to Dharma 

Amen bro.