speaking to girls/guys. Whats your Opinion?

Guest anonymous

Guest GuestSingh
4 hours ago, Guest guest said:

no better to avoid it.  

you should have the social skills to talk to other gender comfortably, and its ok to do so at public events in an appropriate way about appropriate things.

married couple should be seen as one unit, you should only talk to the female in presence of the husband, (vie-versa for female)

should avoid 'friendship' with other sex (if you are heterosexual).  

agreed

question is y does someone need to have a friendship wiv the opposite sex anyway? wats so important to discuss wiv em tht u cnt wiv ur own same sex friends? if u dnt have any then its worth tryin to find gd sangat - theyre hard to find but they do exist. n if uve been hurt in the past rememba not all r the same.

fact is friendships like this can only make the relationship closer over tym n feelings stronger - before u knw it u start feelin some sorta attraction tht can suddenly turn kaamic if ur goin thru a difficult event in lyf or even ur relationship...n even if u dnt feel something tht doesnt mean the otha person doesnt. if they do wat then? do u continue the friendship outta obligation n hope feelings change afta tellin em ur married etc or do u cut em outta ur life altogether n maybe feel guilty afterwards? maybe they will plot against u n make ur lyf hell by any means e.g. stalking, blackmail etc. this is all needless nonsense tht doesnt serve to help any of us in sikhi imo. it seems like a hinderance. so y bother wiv it?

singhs in sant jis tym wud either greet the females wiv a fateh or keep their eyes down. even ones before partition were respected by foreign english trash for not looking at anotha woman on a train. thts how it shud be really. wat else is there to say? spend any tym talkin n folk will start talkin about u, ur intentions n develop sum mistrust. basic human instinct n behaviour. those ppl had honour n dignity unlike the weak, cheap n shameless western trash we see today.

On 7/12/2019 at 10:43 PM, MisterrSingh said:

LGZU.gif

for a minute i thought that guy was a victim of sharia theft law and that bat in his hand looked like his left hand's stump . lol 

Guest Western Trash
On 7/13/2019 at 10:42 PM, GuestSingh said:

agreed

question is y does someone need to have a friendship wiv the opposite sex anyway? wats so important to discuss wiv em tht u cnt wiv ur own same sex friends? if u dnt have any then its worth tryin to find gd sangat - theyre hard to find but they do exist. n if uve been hurt in the past rememba not all r the same.

fact is friendships like this can only make the relationship closer over tym n feelings stronger - before u knw it u start feelin some sorta attraction tht can suddenly turn kaamic if ur goin thru a difficult event in lyf or even ur relationship...n even if u dnt feel something tht doesnt mean the otha person doesnt. if they do wat then? do u continue the friendship outta obligation n hope feelings change afta tellin em ur married etc or do u cut em outta ur life altogether n maybe feel guilty afterwards? maybe they will plot against u n make ur lyf hell by any means e.g. stalking, blackmail etc. this is all needless nonsense tht doesnt serve to help any of us in sikhi imo. it seems like a hinderance. so y bother wiv it?

singhs in sant jis tym wud either greet the females wiv a fateh or keep their eyes down. even ones before partition were respected by foreign english trash for not looking at anotha woman on a train. thts how it shud be really. wat else is there to say? spend any tym talkin n folk will start talkin about u, ur intentions n develop sum mistrust. basic human instinct n behaviour. those ppl had honour n dignity unlike the weak, cheap n shameless western trash we see today.

How on Earth are you meant to mingle with society if you can’t talk to the opposite sex regardless of whether they’re married or not? There are no restrictions in SikhI whatsoever about communicating, befriending someone of the opposite sex. 

Who cares what people think, who cares what people are gonna say? Sikhi doesn’t say anything along the lines of what you’ve just said.

You talk about “western trash”, I mean like <banned word filter activated>. Talk about being judgemental yourself. I’m sure this “western trash” you’re on about are probably much greater and respectable human beings than yourself, who has the most backward thinking. This is 2019 now mate. No one gives a crap about what others think. 

10 hours ago, Guest Western Trash said:

How on Earth are you meant to mingle with society if you can’t talk to the opposite sex regardless of whether they’re married or not? There are no restrictions in SikhI whatsoever about communicating, befriending someone of the opposite sex. 

Who cares what people think, who cares what people are gonna say? Sikhi doesn’t say anything along the lines of what you’ve just said.

You talk about “western trash”, I mean like <banned word filter activated>. Talk about being judgemental yourself. I’m sure this “western trash” you’re on about are probably much greater and respectable human beings than yourself, who has the most backward thinking. This is 2019 now mate. No one gives a crap about what others think. 

You have to realise that sikhs think differently than most on such things,

ALL others apart from your life partner is a sibling, son/daughter or elder to you irrespective of faith, colour or location.

A sikh NEVER does, says or implies anything which would create a loss of honour, prestige of another i.e. Protective of their izzat in society since they are family

Yes you can have friendships but you have to make sure it is clearly understood by the other that the way you think about them is sister/brother etc . Remember a sikh's character is supposed to be above reproach e.g. General Hari Singh Nalwa and his Afghani 'mother'.

I was trained in Computer science in the early nineties and there was only four females including myself on the degree course in a group of over one hundred: Sometimes the situation is such that you have to mix to progress your own development . We are not muslims who fiercely compartmentalise women into boxes but we are not also totally careless about our own respect in society like western culture has become, we do not equate avaaragardi as freedom. Ours is the middle path, live in society but keep our values intact.

I agree with the social skills aspect of the discussion. It's essential to be able to engage in conversation with anyone of any background particularly in a professional environment where even the slightest verbal interaction is noted as an indication of ability even if that idea may not be entirely accurate. 

What I don't agree with is unnecessary small talk and feminised banter / gossip which has the potential to spiral into problematic situations. Maintaining a respectful distance without coming across as arrogant or uncooperative is key. 

Its fine to do so but if your young and single then there are chances where you both will fall for each other. If you keep the talks professional and work related then its fine, but when you start talking about other stuff then there are chances that you will start emotionally investing in each other.  When you start making each other laugh etc   then it could be heading a different direction lol 

keep it professional and don't let the conversations sway 

Guest GuestSingh
On 7/17/2019 at 10:28 PM, Guest Western Trash said:

You talk about “western trash”, I mean like <banned word filter activated>. Talk about being judgemental yourself. I’m sure this “western trash” you’re on about are probably much greater and respectable human beings than yourself, who has the most backward thinking. This is 2019 now mate. No one gives a crap about what others think.

u sound guilty about somethin otherwise u wudnt have got so angry at my post. 

u also sound lyk a liberal extremist.

'No one gives a crap about what others think.'

n this is y boys n girls today have no respect for elders, no shame in speech/behaviour/actions in public or behind parents back n little to no ability to handle lyf wivout resorting to alcohol/drugs etc. but none of tht matters to u duz it? cuz its 2019 innit - where todays degeneration generation will do as they pls n not think about the consequences wen initiating the downfall of society for later generations to cum.

now if folk who do this r more greater n respectable than myself then my existence should be brought to an end ryt now.

guest western trash by name, western trash by nature...

Guest guest
On 7/17/2019 at 10:28 PM, Guest Western Trash said:

^sounds like a young person (high school child?) wrote this.

communicating and befriending aren't the same thing.

as for your other points.  well, when you meet your marriage partner and they introduce you to their 'opposite sex friend' who they often talk on the phone to at night etc... well just see how comfortable that makes you feel.