speaking to girls/guys. Whats your Opinion?

Guest anonymous

Guest Western Trash
On 7/19/2019 at 8:54 PM, GuestSingh said:

u sound guilty about somethin otherwise u wudnt have got so angry at my post. 

u also sound lyk a liberal extremist.

'No one gives a crap about what others think.'

n this is y boys n girls today have no respect for elders, no shame in speech/behaviour/actions in public or behind parents back n little to no ability to handle lyf wivout resorting to alcohol/drugs etc. but none of tht matters to u duz it? cuz its 2019 innit - where todays degeneration generation will do as they pls n not think about the consequences wen initiating the downfall of society for later generations to cum.

now if folk who do this r more greater n respectable than myself then my existence should be brought to an end ryt now.

guest western trash by name, western trash by nature...

God nothing to feel guilty about just can’t stand when people think they have the right to judge others because they’re talking to someone of the opposite sex. 

This has got got nothing to do with respect of elders, drugs or alcohol etc. There are many decent people out there who have friendships with married people of the opposite sex. They don’t have an issue, I don’t have an issue. Clearly a lot of people on this forum can’t control their feelings and feel the need to indulge in sexual thoughts about the person. 

I’m from a Sikh family just as many of you are on here. Just we’re given the freedom to talk to whoever we want. Not everyone is deranged and has starts to have Kaam related thoughts about their friends. 

On 7/23/2019 at 12:31 AM, Guest guest said:

^sounds like a young person (high school child?) wrote this.

communicating and befriending aren't the same thing.

as for your other points.  well, when you meet your marriage partner and they introduce you to their 'opposite sex friend' who they often talk on the phone to at night etc... well just see how comfortable that makes you feel.

Nah not a school kid, a newly married adult thank you very much. And yes we have friends of the opposite sex, yes we talk to them frequently, they come to our houses, we go out together on double dates etc and have been alone with these friends when our partners haven’t been there. Nothings happened and yes do feel comfortable with it as we have our heads screwed on. 

It worries me about a lot of you guys talking about how this leads to Kaam, just shows how stuck in your ways you are and that you can’t be around the opposite sex in case you become sex maniacs ?

On 7/24/2019 at 7:47 PM, Guest Western Trash said:

God nothing to feel guilty about just can’t stand when people think they have the right to judge others because they’re talking to someone of the opposite sex. 

This has got got nothing to do with respect of elders, drugs or alcohol etc. There are many decent people out there who have friendships with married people of the opposite sex. They don’t have an issue, I don’t have an issue. Clearly a lot of people on this forum can’t control their feelings and feel the need to indulge in sexual thoughts about the person. 

I’m from a Sikh family just as many of you are on here. Just we’re given the freedom to talk to whoever we want. Not everyone is deranged and has starts to have Kaam related thoughts about their friends. 

Nah not a school kid, a newly married adult thank you very much. And yes we have friends of the opposite sex, yes we talk to them frequently, they come to our houses, we go out together on double dates etc and have been alone with these friends when our partners haven’t been there. Nothings happened and yes do feel comfortable with it as we have our heads screwed on. 

It worries me about a lot of you guys talking about how this leads to Kaam, just shows how stuck in your ways you are and that you can’t be around the opposite sex in case you become sex maniacs ?

Theres differen types of intimacy. Emotional intimacy should also be saved for the spouse. 

On 7/12/2019 at 3:08 AM, MisterrSingh said:

Behead those who promote the intermingling of the sexes!

I'm just joking. ?

Behead those who say Sikhism is violent!

(Just a take on an actual photo where some jihadi is carrying a sign saying "Behead those who say Islam is violent." Lol.)

irony-3.jpg

On 7/11/2019 at 2:26 AM, Guest anonymous said:

vjkk vjkkf,

I just wanted peoples view on this. Is it ok to talk to another Girl/Guy even if you or the other person are married just as a friendship or because you get along?

There's a vast amount of difference between "talking to another girl" and a "friendship".

The Sikh view on this is one which has been posted before on this website. It's simply think of the person of the opposite sex like you would your sister.

So if you wouldn't want to get it on with your sister, then don't think of that way with your female co-worker.

And be honest, most people's entire reasons for engaging with female co-workers or co-eds is to get it on.

On 7/18/2019 at 1:03 AM, jkvlondon said:

Sometimes the situation is such that you have to mix to progress your own development . We are not muslims who fiercely compartmentalise women into boxes but we are not also totally careless about our own respect in society like western culture has become, we do not equate avaaragardi as freedom. Ours is the middle path, live in society but keep our values intact.

Good statement.

What boggles me is how people are making fun of Sikhs for supposedly "not even talking with girls" and then taking that and equating talking with "friendships".

It's one thing to talk with a co-ed or co-worker. It's quite another to have a relationship with them. 

Also, there are different types of "friends". If by "friend" you mean just being pleasant to people that you see at work, that's fine. If you mean meeting up alone after work, you're on the path to bajjar kurehit (fornication).

8 minutes ago, MisterrSingh said:

I'm glad someone finally got the reference. I wasn't saying that nonsense for my health. ?

I really am speechless and don't even know how to react to that jihadi with the sign.

I'm trying to figure out if he actually doesn't see the irony, and is actually earnest?

In any case, they'll be "moderate" up until the point where you even so very slightly criticize Islam.

On 7/17/2019 at 2:28 PM, Guest Western Trash said:

How on Earth are you meant to mingle with society if you can’t talk to the opposite sex regardless of whether they’re married or not? There are no restrictions in SikhI whatsoever about communicating, befriending someone of the opposite sex. 

Amazing how you jump straight from "communicating" to "befriending". That's called equivocation (i.e., trying to make two different things seem to be the same).

You're either lying, or even worse, deceiving yourself.

On 7/17/2019 at 2:28 PM, Guest Western Trash said:

This is 2019 now mate. No one gives a crap about what others think. 

Whatever.

Do you care what Guru ji thinks? If not, that's fine, but what are you doing on this board?

ਗੁਪਤੁ ਕਰਤਾ ਸੰਗਿ ਸੋ ਪ੍ਰਭੁ ਡਹਕਾਵਏ ਮਨੁਖਾਇ ॥

You may act in secrecy, but God is still with you; you can only deceive other people.
ਬਿਸਾਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਜੀਉ ਬਿਖੈ ਭੋਗਹਿ ਤਪਤ ਥੰਮ ਗਲਿ ਲਾਇ ॥੧॥

Forgetting your Dear Lord, you enjoy corrupt pleasures, and so you shall have to embrace red-hot pillars. ||1|| 1000.

On 7/22/2019 at 4:31 PM, Guest guest said:

^sounds like a young person (high school child?) wrote this.

communicating and befriending aren't the same thing.

as for your other points.  well, when you meet your marriage partner and they introduce you to their 'opposite sex friend' who they often talk on the phone to at night etc... well just see how comfortable that makes you feel.

Good points.

Communicating is like saying hello to your co-worker in the morning and discussing your upcoming projects. Or responding to a work email.

A friend that you can call on all hours of the night is something totally different.

Amazing that someone could try to promote opposite-sex "friendships" by badgering Sikhs about "what's wrong with communicating?".

On 7/12/2019 at 4:48 PM, KhalistanYouth said:

Yes  it's normal to have non-romantic relationships/friendships with the opposite sex,

No, it's completely abnormal. To think that you can will yourself not to be sexually attracted is an exercise in delusion.

A Westerner will either come to the point of being sexually attracted to his female "friend", or will decide to not be so close anymore.

it's called human decency or a platonic relationship,

Human decency is saying "Good morning" when you see someone when you come into work.

How in the world do you you equate that with a "relationship"?

meaning no romance or sex or "friends with benefits" involved, just normal friends,

What's a "normal" friend? If by friend you mean someone that you talk with at work, fine. If it's someone that you have a "relationship" with, as you said above, you're on a destructive path.

if you have "urges" then too bad go cut them off for your own health

The point that everyone in this thread advocating traditional social mores is making is to avoid situations where those "urges" will come up in the first place. And they will, unless there's something wrong with you, or she's ugly, or something else.