speaking to girls/guys. Whats your Opinion?

Guest anonymous

Guest guest
On 8/3/2019 at 12:36 PM, Guest Sense said:

That makes no sense. A platonic friendshp is fine. Look at Mai Bhago and Guru Gonind Singh Ji. We are not muslim tyrants and we are not sex crazed maniacs.

If you can’t treat a member of the opposite sex as a friend, then see them as a brother or sister. After all, we are God kids.

are you comparing yourself and others to Mai Bhago and Guru Gobind Singh?   are you serious?

Also, Guru Gobind Singh was her Guru.  And Mai Bhago was a very brave and courageous woman.

in your second paragraph, what are you defining a friend as?  someone whose phone number you keep, who you spend time with alone, who you talk personal stuff with?  that would be inappropriate.  as would hugging them etc

On 7/11/2019 at 10:26 AM, Guest anonymous said:

vjkk vjkkf,

I just wanted peoples view on this. Is it ok to talk to another Girl/Guy even if you or the other person are married just as a friendship or because you get along?

When I was growing up I was told to approach the married ones as aunties and uncles. They can never be treated as your friends, so just think about it.  How old are you?

Guest Sense

On 8/5/2019 at 1:12 AM, Guest guest said:

are you comparing yourself and others to Mai Bhago and Guru Gobind Singh?   are you serious?

Also, Guru Gobind Singh was her Guru.  And Mai Bhago was a very brave and courageous woman.

in your second paragraph, what are you defining a friend as?  someone whose phone number you keep, who you spend time with alone, who you talk personal stuff with?  that would be inappropriate.  as would hugging them etc

Sexism is a huge problem in society today. 

God says humans are Equal. So it doesn't matter if your best friend is a man or woman, married or unmarried. My best friend is a married man who I treat as a brother. I have known him since my youth. And without him I honestly don't know if I would still be alive today. 

So it Doesn't matter. Your question is childish. If you don't know how to treat a woman as a sister or a friend and with respect then that's your problem. 

On 7/26/2019 at 7:25 AM, GuestSingh said:

but tell us something. u say ur newly married so does tht mean u befriended ur husband or vice-versa? if so, tht means u both mustve had the same kaam related thoughts u call 'deranged' n 'sex maniacal' about each otha since ur likely to have children in the relationship.

Well, if they only had kaam feelings towards each other, it would have been one thing.

But we all know that's 99% likely not the case.

What's more likely is that both she and he fooled around (however you want to define that) with 4 or 5 people before "settling" for their current partners. Even if she/he didn't actually have sex with or even make out with other people, they did lust after them. After it didn't work out with previous partners, they settled for their current ones.

In their mind, they have resentment for their partners because they think they could have done better. At some point or another, when the opportunity presents itself, then they'll take advantage of it to cheat. And that's why Westerners have around a 50% divorce rate. That'd be the same rate for Westernized Punjabis.

On 8/1/2019 at 9:55 AM, Guest guest said:

i would not recommend it for you, because i don't want your mind filled up with it, but if you read about people who had extra marital affairs you would see that it started with "innocent" time with co-worker or 'friend' or opposite gender.

Exactly. Social restrictions in our society are there for a reason. That's why we have nearly 1/20th the divorce rate of Westerners.

Guest guest

another thing is, if you must drink alcohol, doing so in mixed-gender company is a no-no.  (unless you are married and there with you partner and you will stay together and leave together.  e.g. a wedding or dinner party)

for a single person- just no.

Guest guest
14 hours ago, BhForce said:

Exactly. Social restrictions in our society are there for a reason. That's why we have nearly 1/20th the divorce rate of Westerners.

alot of people think the social restrictions and traditional morality are "backwards", "out of date" and due to "male oppression".

actually, they are there to PROTECT you and benefit you and maintain your self respect and dignity- both males and females.

On 8/10/2019 at 12:15 AM, Guest guest said:

alot of people think the social restrictions and traditional morality are "backwards", "out of date" and due to "male oppression".

actually, they are there to PROTECT you and benefit you and maintain your self respect and dignity- both males and females.

Having so many romantic entanglements damages the mind and personality of the persons involved, that's why apne bazurg steer clearof divorced prospects for their kids. There is a downgrade of respect for the opposite sex generally as well as specifically which manifests as controlling, abuse and general diminishing of care and love for the other

I don’t get people on this forum. The Gurus taught equality and non judgement on the base of caste creed social standing, sex etc. 

So why are so many on this forum incredibly sexist? If you are a man and the universe sends you a woman who is a moral being and a source of your emotional support why not treat her as your sister or a platonic friend? Same the other way around.

Sexist and hence primitive beliefs on this forum are part of the reason sexism is still prevalent today. Only once you are free of sexist attitudes can u truly be free from the shackles of maya. We believe in reincarnation...perhaps many on here were women in previous Janams and women were men. This shows you that gender bias cannot exist for it is a complete illusion. Your current state is simply a matter of Karam. 

Look ok how many strong women in the last have followed the path of the Bhagwan. It was UNHEARD of for a woman to ride amongst men on horseback and fight in that day and age, yet the Sikh women did it and they did it incredibly well. 

I live in a sexist islamic country and I have seen here first hand the incredible harm both psychologically and physically sexism can cause one. 

If if you are a man and woman who doesn’t understand the concept of a Platonic friendship and cannot control your primitive urges as many in this Muslim country here cannot then that is your own issue. For those of us who can, let us stand up against sexism both towards men and women and change this world for the better. Teach by example.