What do you do when losing faith ?

puzzled

4 minutes ago, puzzled said:

WJKK WJKF

What do you guys do when you feel like you are losing faith in prayer, god etc 

Do you have phases where you just feel empty and so far 

।ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕਾ ਖ਼ਾਲਸਾ।।ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕੀ ਫ਼ਤਹਿ।

I start to remember Mahapurakhs and start remembering what they did, the Kautaks that occured during their life and how imbued they were with the love of Vaheguru. Since there are hundreds and thousands of them I know with certainty Gursikhi is the right path, so don't worry about it. Pick up a book like Se Kinehiya, autobiography of Bhai Sahib Bhai Randhir Singh etc. and read it. 

। ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕਾ ਖ਼ਾਲਸਾ।।ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕੀ ਫ਼ਤਹਿ।

9 minutes ago, puzzled said:

WJKK WJKF

To be honest feel like that often, you just find yourself coming back to the truth, its difficult,  but dont give up.

Just start to try and learn/understand what Guru Granth Sahib Ji is saying.

9 minutes ago, Redoptics said:

To be honest feel like that often, you just find yourself coming back to the truth, its difficult,  but dont give up.

Yeah it feels like whenever bad thoughts come and you feel distant, Guru Sahib just comes back to collect you like when a child runs away from his parents for a while.

I'm going to read more bani. feel no relationship at all, just empty 

Im not going to do anything stupid, but i struggle to look at myself in the mirror, i looked at myself and thought why am i even keeping my kesh and dhari, im not gnna do anything stupid. But iv fallen real low if that thought came to my head.    Thats how distant 

Must be looking at me and thinking how ungrateful i am 

gnna read more bani as reading bani is having a conversation with guru ji. and do proper simran. 

5 minutes ago, puzzled said:

I'm going to read more bani. feel no relationship at all, just empty 

Im not going to do anything stupid, but i struggle to look at myself in the mirror, i looked at myself and thought why am i even keeping my kesh and dhari, im not gnna do anything stupid. But iv fallen real low if that thought came to my head.    Thats how distant 

Must be looking at me and thinking how ungrateful i am 

gnna read more bani as reading bani is having a conversation with guru ji. and do proper simran. 

I would start with an Ardas from the heart - e.g. Guru ji, I've failed, please help me out of the darkness - and take a hukamnama (online if you want). Remember the Mahapurakhs, their Jeevan, the miracles. Remember the price that Bhai Taru Singh was ready to give for his Kesh. To be scalped alive and bleed for over 20 days while still reading Japji Sahib and in Anand. Why did he go and do that instead of living a worldly life? Puzzled Bhaji, it's because Guru Sahib is the full truth.

These 2 videos will help, quite inspirational.

।ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕਾ ਖ਼ਾਲਸਾ।।ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕੀ ਫ਼ਤਹਿ।।

On 7/18/2019 at 10:33 AM, puzzled said:

WJKK WJKF

Yes. Its sort of normal. Theres even a name for it. Post Amrit High. As soon as u learn about sikhi or take amrit, u r on a high. Have lots of motivation and desire to do bhagti. But then it fades. Its like u get the spiritual benefits of sangats kamaii and it fadea if we dont keep it up. 

But the important thing is to do simran and read gurbani when you don feel like it. Thats when u really grow. Also, read gurbani with meanings.

1 hour ago, Not2Cool2Argue said:

Yes. Its sort of normal. Theres even a name for it. Post Amrit High. As soon as u learn about sikhi or take amrit, u r on a high. Have lots of motivation and desire to do bhagti. But then it fades. Its like u get the spiritual benefits of sangats kamaii and it fadea if we dont keep it up. 

But the important thing is to do simran and read gurbani when you don feel like it. Thats when u really grow. Also, read gurbani with meanings.

yeah iv been trying to do that the last few days, been reading lots of bani and doing simran,   im getting back on track again  

At the gurdwara the Singh doing the katha was saying that even when you dont feel like it do lots of simran, he said even when your going through struggles and your mind starts thinking about your problems still do more simran, that motivated me a lot. I think wahaguru ji called me to the gurdwara that day to hear that and get motivated 

thanks