How to treat hair infection without cutting?

Guest Don't wanna say

Guest Don't wanna say

Can anybody share some tips for treating trichobacteriosis without cutting the hair off? It's not as serious as it sounds and is pretty common. It is the condition wherein the hair strands near sweat glands (armpits/groin) develop a sort of coating/nodule of bacteria around them. I'm asking this because I don't wanna cut the hair off.

Thanks for your help in advance!

Guest GuestSingh

had to google tht. one of the pics looked like a patch of grass growin on the body?

anyway it sounds like u cud jus keep hygiene a bit better? how often r u bathing? do u happen to naturally sweat a lot?

weathers cooled dwn a bit nw but take cold showers while its warm/humid n wear lighter clothing too.

if ur lookin for somethin natural, use reethe. its natural soap in the form of dried fruit shells but u can buy it as a bar/gel too. its naturally antibacterial n antifungal etc so u dnt have to worry about usin harsh chemicals to keep n feel clean.

www.soapnuts.co.uk

Guest Homo Sapien

The innovators in the world are trying to put the human race on other planets, the world is fighting for survival under the threats of gloabal warming and fake people around, people are living hard lives around... and we 'Sikhs' are still fighting to keep hair uncut among all other problems. 
The shaheeds of our religion sacrificed their lives once. But many people including me are sacrificing normal lives with freedom to perform day-to-day activities in the laws of not cutting hair, no matter what it does to our health.
I have always been wishing waheguru to keep me a so called 'Sachha suchha sikh'. I still am sabat surat and I don't drink alchohol or eat non-vegetarian foot. I had never even imagined my future without my long hair or turban. But the recent life in a corporate job that I have been living makes me question the 'laws' which don't actually trace back to the purpose of why the Gurus created our religion. Because apparently, 'Sikhism' as we see today is a result of broken concepts passed on to the generations by followers who didn't understand the concepts themselves.
Those who are going to question how maintaing hair with a turban affects health then reply to these points:

1. Gyming: for someone who works 14 hours of the day in a place where he has to focus and concentrate in technology to write complex pieces of code, and having no time to hit the gym after reaching home after the dinner time, it is difficult. Thus, one tries to use the office gym. And performing all sorts of exercises isn't quite possible with the turban. Those who suggest tying a dumala or a parna, office gyms aren't a place to do that one has to look professional in a skype meeting after the gym.  Crunches, pull overs, bench press etc are just a few to name. No wonder why most of the sikh guys have oversized tummies(if you are okay with being unhealthy, you are disrespecting God again, because just like hair, our body is also a gift, so checkmate)

2. Adventure sports: I have always wanted to try all sorts of adventure sports. Skydiving, Deep sea diving, roller coasters etc. Let's take a simple one, if you are a so called 'pure sikh' imagine yourself on a good roller coaster ride. When I do, I see myself with my hands on my turban to not let it fall off. A simple bike ride on speeds above 60 Kmph makes me worry about my turban getting deshaped and moved a little for the whole day at office. Tan lines on forehead are just a free gift with the purchase. 

3. Routine: 14 hours of dedicated tech work, and then wanting some time for self learning at home including video calls at home etc, I don't remove my turban when living with my non-sikh room mates after reaching home before they sleep. As a result, I sleep late. That too is acceptable. But preparing for sleep is real hard. It takes me 30 minutes to comb my hair, wash my beard which I tied in the morning and wait for the moisture to dry up so that I can cover my head again with a beanee or a patka while I go to sleep. no matter what time I wake up, I need 2 hours to get full ready with my beard dried and set(that too in case I get my turban right the very first time). I haven't had breakfast in the last 6 years including the college just to make it up to the class in time, and now to work. I am an introvert, but I have realised more than the introvercy, something that has added to my non-social behaviour instead of being charming, knowledgeble and confident is my turban routine. On rare occasions when our group of friends decide to have a night out in one of our friends houses, I opt out. When I do, the next day is a big problem because I choose to keep my turban tied for the whole night during sleep and it becomes irritating the next day. Small problems, right? But once you face it, you'll know how entangled your life is in this one single thing.

4. Time: I have been recently from the past 3 years making a lot of value of time. i.e having only 10 hours left which include travelling(2 hours), eating (1 hour if I keep it optimized), talking to parents (1 hour) and sleeping (6 hours(when they recommend 8 hours)) i.e a total of 10 hours exact. But if you have noticed, I have not counted the time taken to get ready, have breakfast (which I skip everyday), doing path/ meditation(I don't differentiate between both) ,Studying(after reaching home),  entertainment(I forgot this is a thing in normal lives of people). So you see, out of the things I mentioned that are crucial in time management, there are things that have to be messed up in the timings part, so here's a sacrifice that we do daily.

5. Health: It is a fact that tying the turban causes traction in the scalp. It is so much persistent that there is even a medical term for this called 'Sikh Traction Alopecia'. Look around yourself on the heads of the 'pure sikhs', none would have a 'natural' hairline, adding to that, most of us have other problems linked to this, just like the Asker of the question. I have early graying of hair, almost 90 percent of my hair are white. And as it turns out to be, the doctor said it was due to lack of good blood supply. No wonder why... The beard has pain in the hair follicles. Due to continous pressure after tying. 

6. Miscellaneous: There are other things in normal people's lives which people in the group would find against controversial to the principles of sikhism due to their lack of understanding and limited thinking. For example, being a part of a group of people who don't treat you like a 'sikh' but a 'human'; having a girlfriend without being insecure about normal laws of 'human attraction' (yes, spirituality is a part of it, and it is ideal to have someone who looks beyond your looks, but human psychology still has to fight normal thoughts due to the human evlolution that took millions of years), hair washing on sundays i.e in case you regularly wash your hair on weekends, you know you cannot roam around. Moreover, out of all the days of pressure on your head, there's just one day you can be free of the pressure. But if you chose to relax, you won't be able to do productive things on sunday like shopping etc. Or you have to chose between maintaining a good look with your turban and tied beard vs. looking casual. God forbid, you don't meet your very old friends in your city when you go like this for a movie. Small and irrelevant problems in point number 6, right? but they add on.  

And if you people have to come up with solutions to any of these problems, just don't. I am not going to cut my hair ever. I love the religion, I love every religion. But the stereotyping of concepts in our religion will not take it too far in the future. Either the thinking needs to change, or the religion. 
Those of you, who don't find these things a problem, must not be living the kind of fast lives most of the people live. And if, maintaining my hair needs me to have a slow pace in live which I assume would come by shunning corporate jobs, reducing social contacts etc, I am sorry, but that is also against the true religious concepts that Guru Nanak Dev ji told. There was a reason why he told us not to go in jungles and live social lives. Because there's no point of worshipping God if you can't use his principles in society. The jobs we do, are a part of our 'Kirt', and a good religion must not limit the how we do 'kirt'. A sikh with a turban cannot be an astronaut, ever wondered how sad it is for a child to loose his dreams if he chooses to follow the stereotyped path? 

Just because the society would consider me a 'spoiled' brat and a bad human being inspite of me knowing that I am not one, I am choosing not to cut my hair ever. But deep inside, I know this is just a division in the human race. There is a broader reality out there, which we sikhs don't want to look to. So let it be. Sat Sri Akal...

Guest Don't wanna say
On 8/1/2019 at 9:52 PM, Guest Homo Sapien said:

no matter what time I wake up, I need 2 hours to get full ready with my beard dried and set(that too in case I get my turban right the very first time).

You are not doing it the right way then...according to the religion that you're ranting about, you just need to tie a turban...tying the beard and making the turban look "on point" are all things that you do as per your own will, no Gurus told you to do so. They never tied starchy turbans / conical turbans or tied their beards...they didn't have those then they just had round turbans. Simple and quick to tie.

And performing all sorts of exercises isn't quite possible with the turban.

Consider tying a different style turban. Don't be rigid about it. Experimenting is fun. Also, please don't tie small starchy turbans which are almost like caps. In India, the Sikh soldiers train and take part in military drills tying patkas too because of this very reason.

Adventure sports: I have always wanted to try all sorts of adventure sports. Skydiving, Deep sea diving, roller coasters etc. Let's take a simple one, if you are a so called 'pure sikh' imagine yourself on a good roller coaster ride. When I do, I see myself with my hands on my turban to not let it fall off. A simple bike ride on speeds above 60 Kmph makes me worry about my turban getting deshaped and moved a little for the whole day at office. Tan lines on forehead are just a free gift with the purchase.

Veerji you just need to have your head and hair covered. A bandana-style cloth would do the trick and be safe. It all comes down to not being rigid and how we handle it. No Sikh would tell you to ride a coaster or have fun only while wearing a turban. That's just insane. You don't feel comfortable with a turban then just tie a bandana. Much more stable.

most of us have other problems linked to this, just like the Asker of the question

I am the Asker of this question and I did NOT state any problem with keeping hair. Rather, the problem admittedly was lack of hygiene on my part as I wasn't bathing regularly. Merely presence of hair doesn't mean you'll have Trichobacteriosis or anything, but it's the lack of one's hygiene keeping.

for someone who works 14 hours of the day in a place where he has to focus and concentrate in technology to write complex pieces of code, and having no time to hit the gym after reaching home after the dinner time, it is difficult. Thus, one tries to use the office gym. And performing all sorts of exercises isn't quite possible with the turban. Those who suggest tying a dumala or a parna, office gyms aren't a place to do that one has to look professional in a skype meeting after the gym

Why don't you just use the office gym after office hours? Or some outside gym? BEFORE dinner? Just take the turban off and tie a parna/patka then go home in the same or tie the turban again if you want to. You could also just take a hoodie over the patka if it looks weird to you.

So you see, out of the things I mentioned that are crucial in time management, there are things that have to be messed up in the timings part, so here's a sacrifice that we do daily.

This one's down to your priorities. Between a 14-hour job and a peacefully balanced life. As you mentioned, normal people don't have such long hour jobs, and hence normally people don't have such issues. Sacrificing one's breakfast or stopping oneself from partaking in activities can't be blamed on the average Sikh guy routine or keeping of hair and beard, it stems from whether one is comfortable in their own appearance or is insecure about it.

I know you said you said not to give any suggestions but when you make nonsensical rants against the teachings of my Guru (and apparently yours too), it becomes my duty to debunk them. Overall, I'd say don't blame your personal routine frustrations and insecurities on the religion itself. No one's forcing you to be a sabat-surat Sikh or even a Sikh. (Can't say what's the situation with your family is tho). Sikhi won't change if you or I or anyone else wants. One can take it or leave it. You can be sabat surat or not it's up to you. But there's no reason to criticize the practice of keeping hair. It serves more than one purpose that I don't think needs to be repeated again. 

Sat Sri Akaal