Guest guest

Guest guest

hi

i think a lot of the issues that periodically come up on this site have to do with low self esteem.

what is self esteem?  how you think of yourself, how you value yourself,  how much love and respect you have for yourself.

what is low self esteem?  when you look down on yourself, you base on your opinion of yourself on how others view you, you look for validation and approval from others.

what causes low self esteem?  depending on external influences to understand and feel good about yourself.

what is the cure to low esteem?  to love, respect and value yourself.  this is not the same as arrogance or pride.  it's a sense of self security.  

don't base how you feel about yourself on the opinions, feelings or reactions of others.

in Sikhi, no one is high or low ("uttam neech nah koi").   Only God is above.  Therefore, you don't have to look up or down on anyone.

On 8/2/2019 at 1:22 AM, Guest guest said:

hi

i think a lot of the issues that periodically come up on this site have to do with low self esteem.

what is self esteem?  how you think of yourself, how you value yourself,  how much love and respect you have for yourself.

what is low self esteem?  when you look down on yourself, you base on your opinion of yourself on how others view you, you look for validation and approval from others.

what causes low self esteem?  depending on external influences to understand and feel good about yourself.

what is the cure to low esteem?  to love, respect and value yourself.  this is not the same as arrogance or pride.  it's a sense of self security.  

don't base how you feel about yourself on the opinions, feelings or reactions of others.

in Sikhi, no one is high or low ("uttam neech nah koi").   Only God is above.  Therefore, you don't have to look up or down on anyone.

That’s true.

I myself am battling with this at the moment. I think one needs to value and repsect themselves before they love know value and respect others. And to not care about or believe negative statements which are ultimately curses and stem from the jealousies and lust of others. This people are commonly called Haters. 

There are a lot of narcissists out there with underlying issues of insecurities covered up by arrogance or ego (fear). I think True confidence is loving yourself first and not accepting any negative statements made about oneself by others for only We dictate who we are and our own lives. It’s being fearless and doing what you want to do when you want to do it. It’s about showing up in your life regardless of whether you’ll have haters or not.

It’s knowing yourself and staying true to yourself. Other confidence I feel is fleeting and temporary, a cover up.

I come across haters everyday but I am learning not to believe or care about them and their negativities , because they slander me when I’m Showing up in my life and most of them seem like losers with who hate their lives and who are scared others will slander them. 

And to just focus on living and loving my own life. Not comparing yourself to others is also key I guess. 

Does anyone one have other ways of improving confidence?