Sikhi in the west stronger

Dsinghd

yh i agree iv been india many times and its a sh1t hole. No one goes gurdware, gurdware are empty in the pinds, maximum sangat during rehras sahib is around 5 people. on the other hand the jaggas, peer shrines are overcrowded and packed. 

On a Sunday we went to this local jaggah/shrine dedicated to some baba, the place was so packed that it had 3 massive ques just to get into the shrine, it took over half an hour standing in the que, while the local pind gurdwara had like 2 people listening to rehras sahib.

in one of the gurdware in my dads pind, During sukhasan in the evening the granthi carries guru grnath sahib ji on his head with one hand and does chaur sahib with the other hand because there is no sangat to do chaur sahib!  when my mum west Punjab she used to do chaur sahib, no one else bothered turning up.  

One year when we went in December the pind gurdwara held kirtan and katha in remembrance of the sahibzade, other than the few amritdhari families no one else bothered turning up. 

The ravidassia gurdware are even more abandoned and forgotten   none of them go to the gurdware 

the idea of waheguru is too difficult for people in Punjab, they dont get it, they need a idol, jaggah or some baba to worship. The idea of a formless creator is beyond their understanding. They need a object, like a idol or grave to worship, feed it, cloth it etc

then again it might not be just a punjabi thing but a human thing? Christianity is against idolatry yet they have idols of jesus, cross, mary etc    in saudi arabia the government destroyed all the graves of muhammeds family and companions because people used to sit before them and worship.    

51 minutes ago, puzzled said:

the idea of waheguru is too difficult for people in Punjab, they dont get it, they need a idol, jaggah or some baba to worship. The idea of a formless creator is beyond their understanding. They need a object, like a idol or grave to worship, feed it, cloth it etc

Yes. That's one of the major issues concerning religious ritual / practice. I don't think it's limited to Sikhs, though. We feel it keenly because we were explicitly told to turn away from idolatry. 

A lot of these jaggas are sexist so I don't understand women even have faith in them. We went to this one jaggah with 2 massive ques and they let the men in first, then they started letting the women in but while they let the women in the Male que formed again and they stopped the women from going in and let all the men in even though the women were there before them. I had to wait for my mum and sister for half an hour because the women had to wait. 

I went baba balak nath in himachal Pradesh and women aren't even allowed in the main shrine only men are, the women are only allowed to look from a distance lol  

Most of these jaggas are full of kusre, crack heads and even prostitutes.  Messed up places.  Lots on unmarried couples go to these places just to use the rooms for people who are staying.