Jump to content
Big_Tera

City Sikhs Network - London

Recommended Posts

You want to say they're some how hurting the Paanth?

You're demonstrating, encouraging, normalizing making fun of the Guru's Roop bro.  Are there Keshdari Singh in that photo, Amritdhari Singh?  Exactly what is so offensive. 

The Guru's Roop alone isn't enough to instill respect in you?  

What about the Sahejdhari and Mona?  We showing the world to laugh at them?

They need your permission to walk according to Hukam?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
On 8/7/2019 at 6:11 PM, MisterrSingh said:

So, generally speaking, (and this doesn't negate the good they do) it's an organisation that's subtly rebranded and commercialised the Sikh "message" in a globalist, progressive-friendly manner for... what purpose exactly? Reading between the lines, it seems to be another vehicle for trustees to extract funding and cultivate influential links and relationships for the purposes of external corporate and business interests.

 

From what I remember they are a very London-centric work in the city type of group, every time one of them pipe's up on twitter they don't seem to get a lot of love from the general Sikh diaspora especially Param Singh (the fella with the white-framed glasses, you may remember him from a few years ago when he made an absolute <banned word filter activated> of himself on an ITV dating show).

They do come across as self-serving in the kind of stuff they do though.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, kcmidlands said:

From what I remember they are a very London-centric work in the city type of group, every time one of them pipe's up on twitter they don't seem to get a lot of love from the general Sikh diaspora especially Param Singh (the fella with the white-framed glasses, you may remember him from a few years ago when he made an absolute <banned word filter activated> of himself on an ITV dating show).

They do come across as self-serving in the kind of stuff they do though.

It's easy to fall into the trap of cynicism when it comes to these types of organisations and personalities. Deep down, for those of us who've been round the block, we know exactly what drives these people and what the type of people they are behind the scenes, but if some small good can come from whatever it is they do, then I think it's a good thing. I'm probably being a lot kinder than I should, lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/8/2019 at 8:43 PM, GurjantGnostic said:

Yes, mukti is a pre requisite for calling you out for behavior that is beneath you. You know you have far more to offer the Sangat than point and laugh threads. And bro you don't want weight of making fun of Khalsa on your shoulders. 

You started this thread, asked if anyone knew about them and then jumped instantly on the first negative and informationless post to reverb in your echo chamber, suddenly revealing you'd met them before and didn't get your ego validated or something. 

Making fun of khalsa? You need to get your facts right. 

If you wear a turban then shave your beard and eye brows and wear funny clothing and dress sence . Plus act like a fool like I have seen many pagh wale do. 

Who is making fun out of Khalsa them or me?

When you wear a pagh it come with responsibility son. Not wear turban, go clubbing and do all kinds of unmoral behaviours and think you can get away with it coz you have a beard and pagh and think you can lecture mone lol. 

No one is making fun of the khalsa identity. Which obviously I respect. Which is the proper identity. 

Proper dastaar not some beani hat and cap over it acting like a lafanga raggamuffin like you. 

full flowing dhari not trimmed beard or on some occasions no beard at all and trimmed eyebrows with and earing. 

Sikh network may do some good but I was just asking what the group is about.

 

Edited by Big_Tera

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Big_Tera said:

Making fun of khalsa? You need to get your facts right. 

If you wear a turban then shave your beard and eye brows and wear funny clothing and dress sence . Plus act like a fool like I have seen many pagh wale do. 

Who is making fun out of Khalsa them or me?

When you wear a pagh it come with responsibility son. Not wear turban, go clubbing and do all kinds of unmoral behaviours and think you can get away with it coz you have a beard and pagh and think you can lecture mone lol. 

No one is making fun of the khalsa identity. Which obviously I respect. Which is the proper identity. 

Proper dastaar not some beani hat and cap over it acting like a lafanga raggamuffin like you. 

full flowing dhari not trimmed beard or on some occasions no beard at all and trimmed eyebrows with and earing. 

Sikh network may do some good but I was just asking what the group is about.

 

You were just asking what they were about. For sure. I'm sure that's clear to everybody. 

I ask myself, really, what your intentions are with a lot of your posts. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/10/2019 at 3:40 AM, MisterrSingh said:

It's easy to fall into the trap of cynicism when it comes to these types of organisations and personalities. Deep down, for those of us who've been round the block, we know exactly what drives these people and what the type of people they are behind the scenes, but if some small good can come from whatever it is they do, then I think it's a good thing. I'm probably being a lot kinder than I should, lol.

Do clarify. Lots of these types of organizations are starting to pop up in america. So i am curious.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Not2Cool2Argue said:

Do clarify. Lots of these types of organizations are starting to pop up in america. So i am curious.

Nothing too sinister. It's just a case of using the Sikh label for commercial interests (bidding for business contracts through links forged by these types of organisations...)  and securing funding from government sources under the guise of, as they would say, ensuring extremist attitudes in the community are tackled, etc.

Most, if not everything, of the manner in which they undertake their work is rooted in the contemporary liberal worldview (pro-LGBTQ, pro-Open Borders, etc., as spearheaded by UN affiliated organizations, among others, such as the Council of Foreign Relations...), and it's safe to say the broad Sikh orthodox religion practiced by most of us isn't what drives the central ethos or activities of these groups. When there's compromises to be made, Sikhi is usually the first thing that makes way. Just my opinion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/10/2019 at 9:51 AM, Big_Tera said:

Making fun of khalsa? You need to get your facts right. 

If you wear a turban then shave your beard and eye brows and wear funny clothing and dress sence . Plus act like a fool like I have seen many pagh wale do. 

Who is making fun out of Khalsa them or me?

When you wear a pagh it come with responsibility son. Not wear turban, go clubbing and do all kinds of unmoral behaviours and think you can get away with it coz you have a beard and pagh and think you can lecture mone lol. 

No one is making fun of the khalsa identity. Which obviously I respect. Which is the proper identity. 

Proper dastaar not some beani hat and cap over it acting like a lafanga raggamuffin like you. 

full flowing dhari not trimmed beard or on some occasions no beard at all and trimmed eyebrows with and earing. 

Sikh network may do some good but I was just asking what the group is about.

 

Why all the edits bro?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/11/2019 at 9:19 PM, MisterrSingh said:

Nothing too sinister. It's just a case of using the Sikh label for commercial interests (bidding for business contracts through links forged by these types of organisations...)  and securing funding from government sources under the guise of, as they would say, ensuring extremist attitudes in the community are tackled, etc.

Most, if not everything, of the manner in which they undertake their work is rooted in the contemporary liberal worldview (pro-LGBTQ, pro-Open Borders, etc., as spearheaded by UN affiliated organizations, among others, such as the Council of Foreign Relations...), and it's safe to say the broad Sikh orthodox religion practiced by most of us isn't what drives the central ethos or activities of these groups. When there's compromises to be made, Sikhi is usually the first thing that makes way. Just my opinion.

Very true. These people are sell outs and would sell their mother for some accolade or award. These were the I.diots involved with Vaisakhi in the Mosque some months ago. These kinds of organisations are just vehicles for dubious sell outs to ingratiate themselves with the British establishment and brown nose in order to get MBEs and OBEs. 

Edited by proactive
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/11/2019 at 9:19 PM, MisterrSingh said:

Nothing too sinister. It's just a case of using the Sikh label for commercial interests (bidding for business contracts through links forged by these types of organisations...)  and securing funding from government sources under the guise of, as they would say, ensuring extremist attitudes in the community are tackled, etc.

Most, if not everything, of the manner in which they undertake their work is rooted in the contemporary liberal worldview (pro-LGBTQ, pro-Open Borders, etc., as spearheaded by UN affiliated organizations, among others, such as the Council of Foreign Relations...), and it's safe to say the broad Sikh orthodox religion practiced by most of us isn't what drives the central ethos or activities of these groups. When there's compromises to be made, Sikhi is usually the first thing that makes way. Just my opinion.

Having been to a couple of their events this is the impression I got. Also the other people I saw attend the events are not the brightest. I think many also go their to hook up .

Edited by Big_Tera

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also agnisticgurjant when you say I am making fun of the sikh image. You are wrong on many levels. 

Just because I said they look like a smug funny bunch. That does not mean Im neccesarily referring to their turbans or or dress sence. 

This is what a Sikh should look like

Image result for sikh warrior

 

Not like this

Image result for nu sound radio chaz boy

Edited by Big_Tera

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Big_Tera said:

Having been to a couple of their events this is the impression I got. Also the other people I saw attend the events are not the brightest. I think many also go their to hook up .

It's amusing because they'd consider themselves the creme of the crop among forward looking, modern Sikhs with their finger on the pulse of 21st century trends and moods. They'd probably consider most of us on here to be dinosaurs.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Big_Tera said:

Also agnisticgurjant when you say I am making fun of the sikh image. You are wrong on many levels. 

Just because I said they look like a smug funny bunch. That does not mean Im neccesarily referring to their turbans or or dress sence. 

This is what a Sikh should look like

Image result for sikh warrior

 

Not like this

Image result for nu sound radio chaz boy

Yeah cause y'all walking around in armor. Lol. Your fat <banned word filter activated> wears sweat pants. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, MisterrSingh said:

It's amusing because they'd consider themselves the creme of the crop among forward looking, modern Sikhs with their finger on the pulse of 21st century trends and moods. They'd probably consider most of us on here to be dinosaurs.

Lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×

Important Information

Terms of Use