Allowing entry to someone with cigarette breath into a Gurdwara?

Guest Guest Singh

Guest Guest Singh

Wjkk Wjkf!

I recently had gone to Gurdwara Sisganj Sahib, Delhi, and while washing my hands I smelled cigarette breath on the guy next to me. Seemed like a non-Punjabi and non-Sikh. I didn't say anything to him then because I was in a hurry myself, but when I left the Gurdwara I found myself pondering as to whether I should have confronted him and stopped him from going in front of Maharaj in that state. It's also possible that he was there just for the langar and didn't matthaa tek at all. Should I have stopped him? How would you have handled this?

Wjkk Wjkf!

Guest Singhniiiii

I think you should have politely asked him if he had just smoked and informed him of our Gurughar maryada. Maybe he didn't even know that he can't enter like that. Nowadays apart from Darbar Sahib pehredaar arent what they used to be in Gurughars.

Guest GuestSingh
On 8/13/2019 at 11:49 PM, Guest Singhniiiii said:

I think you should have politely asked him if he had just smoked and informed him of our Gurughar maryada. Maybe he didn't even know that he can't enter like that. Nowadays apart from Darbar Sahib pehredaar arent what they used to be in Gurughars.

correct answer.

if these ppl cnt be bothered to learn basic etiquette/protocol in a 'religious' place then its gna keep happenin until someone does decide to say somethin. is there visible signage around? or even leaflets?

ppl today r lax n frivolous. anything goes even if it means welcomin the same freeloaders whether apne or outsiders who only cum to fill their bellies wiv free food then leave wivout givin anythin bk in return.

this overly tolerant attitude only causes folk to lose respect n love for guruji over time.

they have more fear of ppl accusin em of bein 'racist', 'intolerant' or 'extremist'. than they do of guruji. the same buzzwords used by liberals cuz theyre weak cowards themselves.