Big_Tera

9 hours ago, GurjantGnostic said:

Karma isn't a reward for good, punish for bad system. It's the perfect lesson, based on our past thoughts and actions, according to the Kirpa of the Timless One. For example one may be blessed with great suffering to bring them closer to Guru Ji and saved from things they thought they wanted. Much like in the final pages of the Guru Granth Sahib Ji. 

That could be true. I am actually starting to think that we could all be getting our just deserts for bad stuf we have done to others or anyone. It is Gods way of evening things out. This is another reason not to do bad things. Because what goes around comes around. 

On 8/11/2019 at 10:09 PM, Singh1989 said:

On 8/10/2019 at 10:53 PM, Wicked Warrior said:

My understanding has been this: some sins from previous lives may be repaid in this life; some sins in this life are repaid in this life; some sins in this life are repaid in future lives. 

Doing seva and simran burns away these sins or lessens their impact. Much like the story of the two Sikhs, one who found a gold coin and the other injured by a thorn. 

That is interesting and more incentive for us to do good deeds.  I recently donated stuff to a food bank. Will need to do more things like this.